The internet has changed people’s lives. Imagine the time without the internet, we can only communicate with our loved ones from afar through mail, text messages, and voice calls.
Information and news can only be accessed in textbooks, newspapers, television, and radio back then. It is undeniable that the internet made our lives better.
Today, we can easily search for information, weather and news update, maps, books, shopping, flights, and market trends on search engines through the internet.
The most popular and most used search engine is Google. About nine out of ten internet users worldwide prefer using Google Search.
Do you have an idea how many Google searches have been made?
Let’s find out in this resource.
- There are roughly 3.3 trillion searches on Google annually, equal to around 9 billion searches daily.
- Google Index has 30-50 billion web pages. Around 16-20% of annual search results are new.
- More than three out of five of the platform’s US organic search traffic were made using mobile devices, equivalent to 63%.
- An average person uses Google Search at least three times daily.
- The most searched keyword on Google in 2022 was “Wordle.”
- 27.7% of Google searches have one word.
- Google recorded 88.6 billion total visits in March 2023.
- Google had a 92.63% market share in the search engine market in April 2023.
How Many Google Searches Have Been Made?
Whenever we want to search online, the go-to platform of most people is Google.
About 87.7% of internet users in the United States prefer Google over other search engines.
One of the reasons is that searching on Google is easier since it can be done by typing keywords, voice input, and attaching images.
According to the most recent data, there are approximately 3.3 trillion Google searches annually.
This is equivalent to around 9 billion Google searches daily, roughly 378 million per hour, or nearly 100,000 searches per second.
In 1998, the platform was only processing around 10,000 searches daily.
That same amount of searches was processed by Google every second in 2006.
This shows that in less than a decade, Google Search became widely used all over the world.
Today, Google is the most renowned and most visited website worldwide.
Its index has 30-50 billion web pages. Around 16-20% of annual search results are new.
Mobile Google Searches
Most internet users are dependent on Google.
About 84% used the platform using their smartphones, tablets, or PCs at least three times per day in 2019.
Over the years, searching on Google became easier and more convenient since users can use their mobile devices to search.
63% of the platform’s US organic search traffic was made using mobile devices.
How Many Google Searches Does an Average Person Make?
An average person uses Google Search three to four times daily, or approximately 120 times monthly.
According to reports, most Google users prefer using this platform because it provides more quality and accurate results than other search engines.
Google’s Most Searched Keyword
When searching on Google, users can search keywords instead of typing the whole sentence since Google can analyze search intents and match them to the most relevant answers.
In 2022, the two most searched keywords on Google were “Wordle” and “India vs England.”
The list of most searched keywords differs per category.
The most searched keyword in the news category is “Ukraine.” While the most searched person and actor is “Johnny Depp.”
Here are some of the lists of Google’s most searched keywords per category:
- News Category
- First on the list is “Ukraine.”
- The second is “Queen Elizabeth passing.”
- The third is “Election results.”
- People Category
- First on the list is “Johnny Depp.”
- The second is “Will Smith.”
- The third is “Amber Heard.”
- Athletes Category
- First on the list is “Novak Djokovic.”
- The second is “Rafael Nadal.”
- The third is “Serena Williams.”
- Movies Category
- First on the list is “Thor: Love and Thunder.”
- The second is “Black Adam.”
- The third is “Top Gun: Maverick.”
How Many Words Do People Search in Google?
Some Google users search using keywords, while others search more than six words to ensure they get the right and exact answer.
According to statistics, almost 28% of users input one word on the Google search bar.
Let’s take a look at the percentages of Google searches per number of words:
- 27.7% of Google searches have one word
- 23.98% of Google searches have two words
- 19.6% of Google searches have three words
- 13.8% of Google searches have four words
- 8.7% of Google searches have five words
- 12.12% of Google searches have six or more words
Google Search Queries
Google Search queries kept increasing over the past years. The number of searches grew by roughly 10% annually from 1999 to 2012.
There were approximately 2.36 trillion Google Search queries in 2019, up from 1.21 trillion in 2012. At present, there are roughly 3.3 trillion Google Search queries annually.
Google Website Visits
Over the past years, Google has been the most visited website worldwide. It recorded 88.6 billion total visits in March 2023, up from 80.2 billion in the previous year.
The average visit duration on Google’s website reached 10 minutes and 39 seconds.
Which country visits Google’s website the most? It is none other than the United States, where Google was founded.
In April 2023, about 27.05% of Google’s website visits came from the US, accounting for 27.05%. India comes next, with 4.51%, and Brazil, with 4.40%.
Since Google Search was introduced in 1997, it started to lead the search engine market.
In April 2023, Google’s market share reached 92.63% in the search engine market, while its nearest competitor, Bing, had a 2.79% market share.
Below are the market share of Google in the search engine market worldwide:
- Google had a market share of 92.21% in the search engine market worldwide in November 2022
- Google had a market share of 92.58% in the search engine market worldwide in December 2022
- Google had a market share of 92.90% in the search engine market worldwide in January 2023
- Google had a market share of 93.37% in the search engine market worldwide in February 2023
- Google had a market share of 93.17% in the search engine market worldwide in March 2023
- Google had a market share of 92.63% in the search engine market worldwide in April 2023
Top 5 Google Searches in the United States
Research reveals that “Youtube” and “Amazon” are the most searched website keywords in the US in 2023, accounting for 151,000,000 search volume for each keyword.
It is followed by “Facebook,” with 124,000,000, “Worlde” and “Google” with 83,100,000 each, and “Gmail” with 55,600,000.
Google is the most visited and most used search engine worldwide. Its success and popularity can be credited to the quality of its search results.
The platform can analyze even a single keyword and match it to the websites with the most relevant answers.
The platform processes around 3.3 trillion searches annually, equivalent to roughly 275 billion searches monthly, or 9 billion daily.
That’s how many Google searches have been made.