Quick Answer 🔍What is the most popular search on Google in 2023?
“Youtube” is currently the world’s most searched keyword on Google. It has approximately 1.2 billion search volume worldwide.
Whenever we want to know the definition of words, read current events, check weather updates, visit websites, and look for maps, Google is our go-to platform.
It is the leading and most widely used search engine in the world.
It processes more or less 3.3 trillion search queries per year.
Almost seven in ten online experiences start with search engines, especially Google.
Have you ever thought what is the most popular search on Google in 2023?
Let’s find out in this article.
- “Youtube” is the world’s most searched keyword on Google, with approximately 1.2 billion search volume worldwide.
- In 2022, “Wordle” was the trending search on Google.
- Google Index has around 30-50 billion web pages – between 16-20% of annual searches are new.
- The most searched keyword on Google by monthly search volume is “Youtube,” accounting for 387.75 million, followed by “Facebook,” with 322.60 billion.
- Statistics reveal that more than 27% of Google users input one word on the Google search bar.
- Almost 90% of internet users in the US use Google over other search engines.
- In the UK, the word “Weather” has the most monthly search volume, accounting for 30.60 million.
- The trending news search on Google in 2022 was “Ukraine,” following Russia’s invasion.
What is the Most Popular Search on Google in 2023?
Every time we search on Google, we input keywords into the search bar – either typing the words, attaching an image, or dictating on the microphone.
This search engine collects all relevant answers from different web pages and organizes them based on the content and keywords.
Google Index has around 30-50 billion web pages, and 16-20% of annual searches are new.
Do you know what is the most popular search on Google in 2023?
According to Exploding Topics’ most recent data, “Youtube” is currently the world’s most searched keyword on Google.
It has approximately 1.2 billion search volume worldwide.
“Facebook” follows, with more than 872 million, and “Google’, with 471 million.
YouTube is the Most Searched Keyword in the United States
Even in the United States, “Youtube” is the most searched keyword, together with “Amazon,” accounting for 151 million US search volume each.
In 2022, “Wordle” leads the trending searches on Google, while “Ukraine” leads the trending news search on the platform.
This shows that keywords are very significant.
They send a strong signal to search engines about relevance and communicate what web content is about.
Monthly Search Volume of the Most Searched Keywords on Google Worldwide
Globally, the most searched keyword on Google in terms of monthly search volume is “Youtube,” accounting for 387.75 million. Facebook follows, with 322.60 billion.
YouTube’s website, youtube.com, received one of the most yearly traffic from top searches, acquiring a total of 3.16 billion.
Its organic traffic reached 3.04 billion, while its paid traffic reached 118.34 million.
Here are the 5 most searched keywords on Google worldwide by monthly search volume, based on Similarweb:
- “Youtube” recorded 387.75 million monthly search volume
- “Facebook” recorded 322.60 million monthly search volume
- “Pornhub” recorded 198.77 million monthly search volume
- “Weather” recorded 189.56 million monthly search volume
- “Translate” recorded 178.48 million monthly search volume
Trending Searches on Google
According to Google Trends report, “Wordle” is the most trending search on Google in 2022.
This term is an online word-guessing game that invites players to guess a 5-letter word in six tries.
“India vs England’ is next to ‘Wordle” in the most trending search on Google since these two countries face off at the Cricket World Cup.
It is followed by “Ukraine,” the passing of “Queen Elizabeth,” and the “Ind vs SA.”
How Many Words Do Users Search on Google?
Words are powerful. It helps search engines like Google identify the relevant topics that web content covers.
In short, words are the link between web pages, search engines, and consumers.
Keywords range from single words to more than six words or complex phrases. Statistics reveal that 27.7% of Google users input one word on the Google search bar.
Here are the percentages of Google searches per number of words:
- 27.7% of searches on Google use one word
- 23.98% of searches on Google use two words
- 19.6% of searches on Google use three words
- 13.8% of searches on Google use four words
- 8.7% of searches on Google use five words
- 12.12% of searches on Google use six or more words
Top Google Searches by US Search Volume
The United States is one of the leading users of Google. Almost 90% of internet users in the country use Google over other search engines.
Based on Semrush and Exploding Topic, “Youtube” and “Amazon” are the top Google searches in the United States in 2023.
They both acquire 151 million US search volume. Facebook comes next, with 124 million. “Wordle” and “Google” follow, with 83.1 million each.
Most Searches on Google in the UK by Monthly Search Volume
In the United Kingdom, the term “Weather” has the most monthly search volume, accounting for 30.60 million.
It recorded 5.89 million yearly traffic, of which 5.88 million are organic and 6 thousand are paid.
Next to “Weather” is “Facebook,” with a 16.78 million monthly search volume. “Youtube” follows, with 16.43 million, and “BBC News’, with 16.03 million.
Trending News Searches on Google
Among the trending news searches on Google in 2022, “Ukraine” has the most searches, following Russia’s invasion.
Many people want to be updated about Ukraine vs Russia war since it has a major effect on the said countries, their people, and the rest of the world.
Aside from “Ukraine, below are the trending news searches on Google in 2022:
- “Ukraine” is the top trending news search on Google in 2022
- “Queen Elizabeth passing” is the second-top trending news search on Google in 2022
- “Election results” is the third-top trending news search on Google in 2022
- “Powerball numbers” is the fourth-top trending news search on Google in 2022
- “Monkeypox” is the fifth-top trending news search on Google in 2022
Most Searched People on Google
The most searched person on Google in 2022 was Johnny Depp due to his publicized defamation trial against Amber Heard, his ex-wife.
Because of this, Amber Heard was the third most searched person, next to Will Smith. Vladimir Putin and Chris Rock are also on the list.
Trending Athletes on Google Search
In 2022, the three trending athletes on Google search were professional tennis players, namely, Novak Djokovic, Rafael Nadal, and Serena Williams.
Here are the 5 trending athletes on Google searches in 2022:
- “Novak Djokovic” leads the trending athletes on Google Search
- “Rafael Nadal” is the second trending athlete on Google Search
- “Serena Williams” is the third trending athlete on Google Search
- “Manti Te’o” is the fourth trending athlete on Google Search
- “Shaun White” is the fifth trending athlete on Google Search
Most Searched Songs on Google in the US
“We Don’t Talk About Bruno” and “Surface Pressure” are songs in the film Encanto.
These were the two most searched songs on Google in the United States in 2022.
“Jiggle Jiggle” was the third most searched song, followed by “Unholy” and “As It Was.”
Most Googled Questions
The most Googled question worldwide based on Semrush is “What time is it,” with a 1.4 million search volume worldwide.
It is followed by “What is my IP,” with 1.1 million.
While the most Googled question in the United States starting with “What is” is “What is NATO,” followed by “What is monkeypox,” and “What is rsv.”
Now you know what the most popular search on Google is in 2023 – it is “Youtube”.
Four out of five most popular searches worldwide are Google products, namely: “YouTube,” “Google,” “Translate,” and ‘Gmail.”
While some of the top trending searches on the platform are “Wordle” and “India vs England.”