Quick Answer 🔍How many people use YouTube Music in 2023?
YouTube Music has 2.6 billion users, with 80 million paid subscribers.
Curious to know how many people use YouTube Music in 2023? This article is for you.
YouTube Music is Google’s version of the music streaming service. It offers more than 80 million official tracks in 95 countries worldwide.
One of the reasons why this platform has many users is its free access to its ad-supported music and playlists.
According to the latest market analysis report, YouTube Music users grew more than 50% year-over-year.
Its core audience is among the age group of Gen Z and Millennials.
How Many People Use YouTube Music in 2023?
How many people use YouTube Music? Based on the latest data, YouTube has approximately 2.6 billion active users who listen to music.
YouTube Music and Premium recorded 80 million subscribers around the world in 2022, representing a 30 million increase from the previous year.
Here is a list of YouTube Music’s annual subscribers:
- YouTube Music and Premium recorded around 1.5 million subscribers in 2015
- YouTube Music and Premium recorded around 3 million subscribers in 2016
- YouTube Music and Premium recorded around 2.8 million subscribers in 2017
- YouTube Music and Premium recorded around 10 million subscribers in 2018
- YouTube Music and Premium recorded around 18 million subscribers in 2019
- YouTube Music and Premium recorded around 30 million subscribers in 2020
- YouTube Music and Premium recorded around 50 million subscribers in 2021
- YouTube Music and Premium recorded around 80 million subscribers in 2022
Below is the list of music streaming services worldwide showing their paid subscribers in 2021:
- Spotify had 180 million paid subscribers
- Apple Music had 78.6 million paid subscribers
- Tencent Music had 76.2 million paid subscribers
- Amazon Music had 68.1 million paid subscribers
- YouTube Music had 50 million paid subscribers
- NetEase had 28.9 million paid subscribers
- Deezer had 10.5 million paid subscribers
- Yandex had 10.5 million paid subscribers
What Music Streaming Service has the Most Number of Songs?
Apple Music and Amazon Music have the biggest collection of songs followed by Deezer, YouTube Music, and Spotify.
YouTube Music has official albums, live performances, singles, and remixed songs. It offers more than 80 million available songs and thousands of playlists.
Here are the music streaming services’ track counts:
- Apple Music offers about 100 million tracks
- Amazon Music offers about 100 million tracks
- Deezer offers about 90 million tracks
- YouTube Music offers about 80 million tracks
- Spotify offers about 80 million tracks
- Tencent Music offers about 60 million tracks
- Yandex offers about 40 million tracks
- NetEase offers about 30 million tracks
What Age Group is Most Likely to Stream Music?
Gen Z and Millennials have the highest interest in listening to YouTube Music.
Ages 23 years old and below are most likely to stream music, while ages 25 to 34 years old are most likely to pay for subscriptions.
Let’s take a look at the age groups that are most likely to stream music according to MRC Data Reports:
- Aged 23 years and below are 84% most likely to stream music
- Aged 24 to 39 years old are 83% most likely to stream music
- Aged 40 to 55 years old are 73.5% most likely to stream music
- Aged 56 years and above are 57.5% most likely to stream music
YouTube Music is one of the top music streaming platforms worldwide in terms of subscribers.
It accounts for 10.11% market share in the global music streaming market in 2021.
Below are the market shares of global music streaming services in terms of subscribers in 2021:
- Spotify accounts for approximately 33.37% market share in the global music streaming market in terms of subscribers
- Apple Music accounts for approximately 17.80% market share in the global music streaming market in terms of subscribers
- Amazon Music accounts for approximately 13.75% market share in the global music streaming market in terms of subscribers
- Tencent Music accounts for approximately 13.39% market share in the global music streaming market in terms of subscribers
- YouTube Music accounts for approximately 10.11% market share in the global music streaming market in terms of subscribers
- Netease accounts for approximately 4.91% market share in the global music streaming market in terms of subscribers
- Deezer accounts for approximately 1.42% market share in the global music streaming market in terms of subscribers
YouTube Music Premium Plan
YouTube Music provides free access to its ad-supported tracks and playlists. It offers a premium plan which costs $9.99 monthly.
YouTube Music Premium allows its subscribers to listen to over 80 million songs without ads and download their favorites to play offline.
It also has quick access to recently played songs and playlists.
Aside from that, premium subscribers can turn off their screens while playing the song and can access the 256kpbs AC streaming.
YouTube Music’s perks are also available on the YouTube Premium plan.
This premium plan costs $11.99 monthly, allowing its subscribers to watch and play high-resolution videos and songs without any ads.
YouTube Music Revenue
According to the latest report, YouTube holds the third spot in terms of music streaming services’ revenue.
It generates a revenue of around $6 billion in the music industry in 2021. While Spotify holds the highest earnings.
Here is a list of the revenues of the music streaming services in 2021:
- Spotify generates roughly $10.93 billion in revenue in 2021
- Tencent Music generates roughly $4.9 billion in revenue in 2021
- YouTube Music generates roughly $6 billion in revenue in 2021
- Apple Music generates roughly $5 billion in revenue in 2021
- NetEase generates roughly $1.1 billion in revenue in 2021
- Deezer generates roughly $0.25 billion in revenue in 2021
How Much Do Music Streaming Platforms Pay to Artists?
Music streaming services pay an average amount of $0.0079 per stream.
Research reveals that Napster pays the most to artists among the music streaming platforms, while Pandora pays the least.
YouTube Music pays approximately $0.008 per stream.
YouTube Music is one of the most used digital music providers worldwide. It recorded a whopping 30 million year-over-year increase in subscribers in 2023.
Based on a survey, YouTube Music is among the most popular music streaming platforms in the United Kingdom.
Approximately 89% of people in the UK knew this platform, and about 34% of music streaming users in the country use YouTube Music.
The most viewed playlist on YouTube Music at the beginning of 2022 is the “Top 50 This Week & Top 100 Songs 2022 (Best New Music Hits Playlist)” with 1.70 billion playlist views.
Thanks for reading our article on how many people use YoTube Music in 2023.