Quick Answer 🔍How many people use Yahoo Mail in 2023?
Yahoo Mail has 227.8 million users.
Curious how many people use Yahoo Mail in 2023?
This article is for you.
Yahoo Mail is a platform launched by Yahoo in 1997 to help users connect to other users around the world.
This email service is available for both personal and business use. It has features such as a calendar, email tracker, and email reminder aside from just sending and receiving emails.
Yahoo Mail accounts are accessible through different devices such as smartphones, tablets, laptops, and desktops.
According to the company’s data, millions of the site’s active users responsible for approximately 26 billion emails sent using Yahoo Mail! each day.
This platform is the second-most used email service next to Gmail.
How Many People Use Yahoo Mail in 2023?
According to the company, it has approximately 227.8 million active users with around 26 billion sent emails each day.
About 26% of people frequently use Yahoo Mail and they are mostly from older generations aged 45 years and up.
The popularity of email is continuously growing since users can use it for both personal and business purposes. People’s email accounts are their digital addresses.
When they shop online, book plane tickets, and sign up on social media, websites, mobile apps, and online banks, they will receive email messages.
Yahoo Mail holds the second spot as the most used email service worldwide.
What Ages Uses Yahoo Mail the Most?
According to statistics, Yahoo Mail is most commonly used by Gen X and Baby Boomers.
Here is a list of age groups using Yahoo Mail:
- 19% of Yahoo Mail users are from ages 18 to 29 years
- 23% of Yahoo Mail users are from ages 30 to 44 years
- 32% of Yahoo Mail users are from ages 45 to 54 years
- 29% of Yahoo Mail users are from ages 55 to 64 years
- 31% of Yahoo Mail users are from ages 65 years and up
Compared to the users of Yahoo Mail, Gmail is mostly used by the younger group ages 18 to 29 years with 61% of total Gmail users.
Yahoo Mail Plus
Yahoo Mail is a free email service, which can be used by anyone aged 18 and up to send and receive messages.
People who prefer an upgraded version with improved security features, premium customization, 5,000 GB of email storage, ad-free experience, and more organized email can purchase a premium email known as “Yahoo Mail Plus” priced at $5 per month.
Companies Using Yahoo Business Email
Users of Yahoo Mail can use this platform for personal and business reasons.
Approximately 150,116 companies are using Yahoo Business Email and most of these companies are in the retail industry in the United States.
Here are some of the companies using Yahoo Business Email:
1. Dechra Veterinary Products located in the US
2. Tekforce Corporation located in the US
3. Enormous Enterprise located in the US
4. SimonComputing, Inc. located in the US
5. S2 IT Group located in the US
Yahoo is a multinational media and tech company that delivers services and products including Yahoo Mail, a search engine, and a web portal to connect people.
It makes money through advertising and subscription services. The company reported a revenue of $7.4 billion in 2020.
Yahoo Mail Website Demographics
The platform generates a total of 3.4 million visits from June to August 2022 and most of the visits are from users in the United States.
Here are the top countries dominating the Yahoo website from June to August 2022:
- The United States – accounts for 54.82% of Yahoo’s total monthly visits during the period
- Taiwan – accounts for 4.97 % of Yahoo’s total monthly visits during the period
- The United Kingdom – accounts for 3.96% of Yahoo’s total monthly visits during the period
- Canada – accounts for 3.86% of Yahoo’s total monthly visits during the period
- France – accounts for 3.10% of Yahoo’s total monthly visits during the period
Advantages and Disadvantages of Yahoo Mail
Here are some of the advantages and disadvantages of Yahoo Mail.
Comparison between Yahoo Mail and Gmail
Yahoo Mail and Gmail are both email service platforms with almost the same usage and function.
Here is a comparison between the top two frequently used email services:
- Yahoo Mail has over 227 million active users while Gmail has more than 1.8 billion active users around the world.
- Yahoo Mail has 1TB of free storage capacity and 25MB of outgoing email size while Gmail has 15GB of free storage capacity and 50MB of outgoing email size.
- Yahoo premium plan with 5,000GB storage costs $5 per month while Gmail premium plan with 100 GB storage costs $2 per month.
- Yahoo Mail supports 27 languages while Gmail supports 75 languages.
- Yahoo Mail has award-winning virus protection and high-quality spam sorting while Gmail has a thorough malware software and virus scanner.
Yahoo Mail is one of the most popular and frequently used email services around the world.
Most of its users are Gen X and Baby Boomers since Yahoo Mail has a free huge storage capacity, strong security features, significant calendar features, and most especially their Yahoo Mail accounts have been with them from the start and have no plan to change.
About 26% of people often use this platform more than any other email service platforms such as Gmail, AOL Mail, Outlook, and ProtonMail.
Around 26 billion emails were sent each day from the 227.8 million active users worldwide.