Quick Answer 🔍How many people use OnlyFans in 2023?
OnlyFans has 190 million users.
There is no doubt that many people are willing to pay a hefty sum to get a daily dose of entertainment.
But what if that dose of entertainment come from the most premiered artists and performers, and only comes at a minimal subscription fee as low as $4.99 a month?
Some are even completely free!
Of course, everyone would like to jump right in. This is exactly the kind of framework that OnlyFans is building on.
Find out more interesting facts about this site on this page about how many people use OnlyFans in 2023.
OnlyFans Users: How Many People Use OnlyFans in 2023?
190 million people use OnlyFans.
This is just the number of people who have officially registered on the site.
Aside from this, the popular site enjoys the company of 2.1 million content creators, including celebrities, artists, popular influencers, and normal people who like posting entertaining content.
OnlyFans currently boasts 600,000 Twitter followers which contributes to its popularity.
Many of the discussions on the site, mostly explicit ones, are allowed on Twitter, as long as they are tagged with a sensitive content warning.
Number of OnlyFans Users from 2019 to 2022
The number of OnlyFans users has grown in number during the pandemic.
This is at a time when people have a limited number of entertainment sources and are willing to pay real cash to be entertained online.
Take a look at OnlyFans’ audience growth trajectory from the pre-pandemic era to the present.
- August 2019 (pre-pandemic) – three years after launching in 2016, OnlyFans only has a total of 7 million users
- January 2020 (pre-lockdowns) – its userbase has grown to 12 million the following year, just adding a 5 million margin from a five-month timeframe
- May 2020 (height of lockdowns) – OnlyFans’ user base more than doubled from 12 million to 30 million within four months. This comes as governments started imposing lockdowns and people are confined to their homes with nothing but their mobile phones and the internet
- October 2020 (Covid lockdowns persist) – 2020 is a record-breaking year for only fans, growing from its 12 million users in the first quarter to 75 million users during the last quarter of the year
- February 2021 (Covid lockdowns continue to a lesser extent) – OnlyFans user growth continued until the first quarter of 2021, hitting 120 million
- May 2021 (lockdowns are lifted) – by May 2021, OnlyFans users are at 150 million. Growth started trickling as governments started to reopen economies and people have more freedom to go out for leisure
- January 2022 (lockdowns are almost non-existent) – up until January this year, OnlyFans added only 20 million users compared to the previous year’s figures.
OnlyFans Users History
It was not an easy way to go to the top.
OnlyFans’ founders, the Stokely brothers, had to loan $13,000 from their father to start the company.
In April 2020, the company’s CEO Tim Stokely said that the site added 200,000 new users every day with 8,000 new creators every 24 hours.
But before this, demographics show that OnlyFans reached its first 1,000 users in July 2016 and did not reach the 10,000 mark until three months later, in September 2016.
Its first 100,000 users came the following year at the start of 2017.
All About OnlyFans
OnlyFans is a paywall-based service that connects content creators directly to their fans.
Unlike on YouTube where channels are available for public access, an individual OnlyFans account is exclusive and every post and update made by the owner are for the exclusive view of people who have availed of their subscription service.
While it is tagged as an “adult site” most of the time, OnlyFans is home to creators from a different genre.
This ranges from artists, rappers, performers, TikTok sensations, master chefs, published authors, standup comedians, and also porn stars, adult film personalities, and the like.
Users describe the site as a more intimate way to connect to their favorite artists and stars.
This comes as it gives the chance to engage in a one-on-one interaction with them, as long as they have paid the subscription fee.
There is no one rule with an OnlyFans subscription—every page is different.
This means that content creators have the freedom to set their own monthly or one-time subscription price which could range from $4.99 to $49.99. On top of this, fans can give their artists some tips or incentives.
The pricing is not directly tied to one’s popularity.
Some less popular personalities set their fee to the maximum allowable of $49.99 while others with a higher fanbase like Blac Chyna can be accessed for $19.99.
OnlyFans gets 20% of the creator’s total monthly income while 80% of the total goes directly to the owner.
This is comparably higher compared to advertisement revenue-based payment agreements which benefit the platform more than the artist.
OnlyFans Users by Country
OnlyFans is not permitted to use in many countries around the world.
This comes as the presence of explicit content is prohibited by local laws and regulations.
Below is the list of countries where OnlyFans enjoys the highest number of monthly visits.
- United States – 2.5 million OnlyFans users every month
- United Kingdom – 788,000 OnlyFans users every month
- Canada – 280,000 OnlyFans users every month
- Australia – 224,000 OnlyFans users every month
- Spain – 135,000 OnlyFans users every month
- Italy – 103,000 OnlyFans users every month
Despite being based in the United Kingdom, OnlyFans has a bigger monthly user base in the United States of 2.5 million users.
Many people around the world are willing to pay to consume content.
Gladly, there is OnlyFans that gives most of the subscription earnings to creators and gets only a small chunk of the fee to keep the site running.
This way, people can have direct access to their favorite artists with seemingly no intermediary in between.
Such a framework makes them feel like they engage in a one-to-one conversation with their idols, which was not the case in the traditional celebrity-fans setup.