Quick Answer 🔍How many OnlyFans creators are there in 2022?
There are 1.5 million creators.
The number of OnlyFans users 170 million in 2021, leaving us wondering how many OnlyFans creators are there in 2022.
The site has established its name as a platform where creators can earn millions of dollars from subscription fees.
This has become its main leveraging point to entice the industry’s biggest names with the likes of Cardi B, Bella Thorne, Tyga, and Blac Chyna.
Aside from the popular artists, performers, and X-rated internet stars, there are a lot of other pages worth subscribing to.
This article is all about how many OnlyFans creators are there in 2022. You will be surprised to know the answer!
How Many OnlyFans Creators Are There in 2022?
The answer to the question, “how many OnlyFans creators are there in 2022” is 1.5 million users. That is how big its support base is.
Although this number is still comparably lower compared to YouTube’s 50 million channel population, it is still plausible given that OnlyFans has only been around since 2016.
Whereas the Google-owned enterprise entered way back in 2005.
Collectively, these 1.5 million creators make up OnlyFans’ billion-dollar revenue.
The platform generates more than 50% of its income from subscription services alone.
Population of OnlyFans Creators from 2019 to 2021
The population of OnlyFans creators never reached the million mark until the pandemic shifted focus to online entertainment.
During the same time, the world’s most-popular performers jumped on the bandwagon and created their accounts on the site.
Thus, increasing interest and triggering an influx of fans.
- End of 2019 – 100,000 creators
- May 2020 – 450,000 creators
- December 2020 – 1 million creators. During this time, the likes of CardiB and Tyga have already signed up for their individual OnlyFans accounts. The former signed up in August of 2020 while the latter came during the following month, in September
- February 2021 – 1.2 million creators
- Early 2022 – 1.5 million creators
OnlyFans Launches $100,000 Creative Fund
It may look like OnlyFans had just hit it right at the right place at the right time, but it made loads of investments to entice fans and creators alike to signup on the platform.
Among these is its Creative Fund which still goes on today. The first leg of its funding initiative has brought together all emerging music artists interested to compete for prize money of $100,000.
The second placer receives $50,000 while each of the two runners-up will be given $25,000.
This has increased interest in the site as its framework is the same as reality shows formerly shown on television.
Today, the focus of the show is on fashion, with creators interested in fashion, styling, and the like encouraged to join.
These initiatives are created to help create a borderline between OnlyFans and porn sites, as the UK company is always tagged as a hub for X-rated content and stars.
Most Popular OnlyFans Creators by the Number of Likes
Unlike on other platforms, OnlyFans creators with the most number of likes do not necessarily mean they are the highest-paid or have the biggest fanbase.
Take for example the highest-paid OnlyFans personality, Blac Chyna, who only has close to 15,000 likes but has already managed to rake in $20 million of payout from fans.
Nevertheless, here are the most popular OnlyFans creators in terms of the number of likes.
Many of the creators that made the list are on cosplay or pornographic content creation.
- OMGCosplay – 3 million likes
- Lilianaheartsss – 2.2 million likes
- SuicideGirls – 1.7 million likes
- Jessica Nigri – 1.6 million likes
- Natalie Monroe – 1.5 million likes
- Kathleen Eggleton – 1.4 million likes
- Kaya Corbridge and Amy – each creator generated 1.3 million likes
- PeachJars and Riley Reid – each creator generated 1.1 million likes
Highest Earning OnlyFans Creators
Here are the highest-earning OnlyFans creators, in terms of the number of subscription fees and tips the page has collected so far.
- Blac Chyna – $20.00 million OnlyFans earnings, $19.99/month subscription fee
- Bella Thorne – $11.00 million OnlyFans earnings, $20/month subscription fee
- CardiB – $9.34 million OnlyFans earnings, $4.99/month subscription fee
- Tyga – $7.00 million OnlyFans earnings, $20.00/month subscription fee
- Mia Khalifa – $6.42 million OnlyFans earnings, $11.99 subscription fee
- Erica Mena – $5.00 million OnlyFans earnings, $25.99/month subscription fee
- Pia Mia – $2.22 million OnlyFans earnings, $9.99/month subscription fee
- Safaree Samuels – $1.91 million OnlyFans earnings, $15.00/month subscription fee
- Megan Barton Hanson – $1.06 million OnlyFans earnings, $24.99/month subscription fee
- Jem Wolfie – $1.00 million OnlyFans earnings, $5.00/month subscription fee
OnlyFans Revenue: Creators are the Bread and Butter
Unlike YouTube which relies heavily on advertisements, OnlyFans’ main source of revenue is on subscriptions, which are generated from its 1.5 million creators alone.
Here is a breakdown of the company’s revenue from 2020 to 2022.
- 2020 – $375 million in annual net income
- 2021 – $1.2 billion in annual net income
- 2022 – $2.5 billion in projected annual net income
OnlyFans’ annual net income is expected to end this year double the figure from where it was just a year ago.
Controversies on Fake Profiles
OnlyFans is legally banned in some countries where local laws directly conflict with the site’s explicit content.
A recent study shows that 70% of the site’s overall content is plagued with sexual content.
Aside from this, controversies involving the creation of fake profiles have tarnished the site’s reputation.
In 2020, a man from the United Kingdom set up a fake OnlyFans account for his ex-girlfriend.
The account threatened to expose the woman’s nude photos but was caught in time for prison time reckoning.
There are now more than a million creators on OnlyFans, sharing snippets about their lives in exchange for a good amount of cash.
The site is considered among the best-paying platforms for content creators, taking a flat rate of 20% on subscription services, instead of setting its own ad-generated paywall infrastructure.
Despite the good pay, OnlyFans still has a lot of work to do in distancing itself against its current branding as a “more expensive porn site” due to the huge amount of sexually explicit content created by creators.
We hope you enjoyed reading this article about how many OnlyFans creators are there in 2022.