Quick Answer 🔍How many content creators are there in 2023?
There are more than 50 million content creators worldwide.
This article will inform those who are curious to know how many content creators there are in 2023.
Content creation is one of the booming careers in today’s digital world.
Content creators create and post educational and entertaining content on platforms such as YouTube, Instagram, Facebook, TikTok, and Twitch.
For businesses, content creators craft and publish articles, newsletters, editorials, digital marketing materials, and annual reports.
According to a survey, one in four American children aspires to become content creators and social media influencers.
How Many Content Creators Are There in 2023?
The creator economy is becoming more popular over the past years.
Based on the latest report, there are more than 50 million content creators worldwide.
46.7 million of these creators are considered amateurs, while more than 2 million creators are considered professionals.
Among the amateur content creators, 30 million share their content on Instagram, while 12 million publish on YouTube.
About 2.7 million amateur creators post on Twitch and 2 million on other platforms.
On the other hand, among professional content creators, around 1 million publish their content on YouTube, 500,000 on Instagram, 300,000 on Twitch, and 200,000 on other social platforms.
According to a survey, about 40% of people ages 25 to 34 and 30% of people ages 18 to 24 identified themselves as content creators.
Earnings of Content Creators
Content creation is described by many creators as a lucrative job. Approximately 2 million full-time content creators earn six-figure annual incomes through posting daily content.
In a survey conducted by NeoReach, among the 2,000 surveyed content creators, more than 35% are building their audience for about 4 years.
Over 23% earn an annual income of $25,000 to $100,000, and 1.40% earn more than $1 million annually.
Let’s take a look at the estimated earning power of content creators based on the NeoReach survey:
- 26.02% of surveyed content creators earn less than $1,000 annually
- 25.51% of surveyed content creators earn at least $1,000 to $10,000 annually
- 15.94% of surveyed content creators earn at least $10,000 to $25,000 annually
- 10.84% of surveyed content creators earn at least $25,000 to $50,000 annually
- 11.35% of surveyed content creators earn at least $50,000 to $100,000 annually
- 7.40% of surveyed content creators earn at least $100,000 to $500,000 annually
- 1.53% of surveyed content creators earn at least $500,000 to $1,000,000 annually
- 1.40% of surveyed content creators earn more than $1,000,000 annually
Leading Content Creators on YouTube
Youtube is one of the top platforms with a vast number of content creators. According to statistics, YouTube content creators publish over 500 hours of content every minute.
All active users watch around 5 billion YouTube videos daily with a total of more than 1 billion hours.
Here are the most popular and highest-paid content creators on YouTube:
- Ryan Kaji (Ryan’s World) – has 33.7 million subscribers. He is one of the highest-paid YouTube content creators, generating around $27 million in 2021
- Jimmy Donaldson (MrBeast) – has 112 million subscribers. He is one of the highest-paid YouTube content creators, generating around $54 million in 2021
- Felix Arvid Ulf Kjellberg (PewDiePie) – has 111 million subscribers. He is one of the highest-paid YouTube content creators, generating around $13 million in 2019
- Dude Perfect – has 58.5 million subscribers. This group is one of the highest-paid YouTube content creators, generating around $20 million in 2021
- Rhett & Link – has 4.98 million subscribers. They are among the highest-paid YouTube content creators, generating around $30 million in 2021
Most-Viewed YouTube Channel
The latest data shows that the most-viewed YouTube channel is T-Series, which exceeds 207 billion lifetime views. It is followed by Cocomelon – Nursery Rhymes and SET India.
Here is a list of the all-time most-viewed YouTube channels as of 2022:
- T-Series has 207.22 billion lifetime views as of 2022
- Cocomelon – Nursery Rhymes has 143.69 billion lifetime views as of 2022
- SET India has 133.51 billion lifetime views as of 2022
- Sony SAB has 87.93 billion lifetime views as of 2022
- Like Nastya has 85.44 billion lifetime views as of 2022
- Kids Diana Show has 83.99 billion lifetime views as of 2022
- WWE has 72.46 billion lifetime views as of 2022
- Vlad and Niki has 70.42 billion lifetime views as of 2022
- Movieclips has 59.45 billion lifetime views as of 2022
- Colors TV has 55.9 billion lifetime views as of 2022
Top Content Creators on Instagram
Instagram is one of the most-used social media platforms for lifestyle photos and short video clips.
Many brand owners partner with Instagram content creators and influencers to advertise their products creatively.
Below are the top content creators on Instagram:
- karenxcheng – has 1.2 million Instagram followers and more than 500 million views. She is the woman behind the viral videos for brands LEGO, PUMA, and Beats
- thejulianbass – has 102,000 Instagram followers. He is sharing his entertaining videos with extraordinary visual effects that caught the attention of Disney’s Executive Chairman, and some Hollywood actors including Zach Braff and Matthew Cherry
- kevinbparry – has 1.3 million Instagram followers. He is a stop-motion animator, producing a collection of creative videos turning him into random objects
- zachking – has 24.4 million Instagram followers. He is a digital creator and illusionist, making creative videos with special effects. He received awards from YouTube’s NextUp Creators Contest, HP commercial contest, and Streamy Award.
- being_her – has 94,900 Instagram followers. The identical twins, Hermon and Heroda, have a hearing impairment. They share empowering videos about being deaf and black women.
How to Become a Successful Content Creator
Content creation is not just simply posting photos, sharing videos, and writing blogs.
Content creators continuously read and research to keep up with trends, improve their knowledge and skills, and learn to use different tools and software.
Here are some of the tips to become a successful content creator:
- Know your target audience and their interests
- Choose the best platform that fits your content
- Create an effective content plan
- Invest in trusted content tools
- Create a portfolio
- Market yourself on different platforms
- Continue learning
Content creation can be a part-time job or a full-time one. According to a study, full-time content creators are four times more likely to earn $50,000 annually than part-time content creators.
Survey shows that male content creators earn almost double more than female creators.
Average male creators generate around $69,922.25 annual salary, while average female creators generate $37,065.42.
The content creation market is expected to grow at a 12.2% compound annual growth rate.
The market is projected to be valued at around $13.4 billion in 2022 and $47.2 billion in 2032.
Thanks for reading our article on how many content creators are there in 2023.