If you’re looking for the best VPN for Seattle, I’ve got you covered!
Seattle, Washington, is a city located on the Western Coast of America. It has been one of the rapidly growing cities worldwide for several years now.
Whether you travel to Seattle to go on a vacation or visit the place for a sporting event, conference, or tech convention, getting connected to a VPN before using any public WiFi is reasonably necessary.
However, choosing a perfect VPN for Seattle can be hard sometimes. So, we’ve shortlisted some of the best ones for you.
Each VPN provider on our list will safeguard you against hackers and is packed with lofty security features.
In addition, all the VPNs offer an excellent range of servers worldwide.
Best VPN for Seattle in 2022
Here are the best VPNs for Seattle which will offer you a local IP address:
NordVPN is the best VPN for Seattle, thanks to its vast server network, excellent security, and ease of use.
In terms of features, it actually lives up to the expectation as a premium VPN service provider.
Along with offering all the essential services, it comes with a good range of individual servers. With that being said, NordVPN is certainly not lacking in features.
In fact, it offers an internet kill switch option, which automatically disconnects users from the internet when the VPN connection drops.
Plus, NordVPN has an app kill switch add-on.
The app kill switch feature allows the customers to select specific apps to automatically get closed when the VPN connection fails, or the device accidentally gets disconnected from the VPN.
Moreover, in February 2022, Nord introduced “threat protection,” which acts as antivirus software.
In addition, a Nord user can set custom DNS servers and obfuscate their OpenVPN packets.
Well, these features have become common among VPN providers these days; however, the WireGuard VPN technology that NordVPN uses is something that isn’t very common.
Now, split tunneling is a unique feature that lets users choose some websites and apps to use VPN protection while enabling others to use the internet directly. And obviously, VPN offers its users this notable split tunneling feature.
Do you know what the best part is? It provides two options regarding split tunneling.
The first method allows users to select which apps they will bypass VPN protection while the others will go through the VPN tunnel.
On the other hand, the second option lets customers choose the apps they want to enable the VPN for, with different apps unprotected.
Being the leading VPN for Seattle, Nord is packed with a vast array of features, which include:
- You can connect up to 6 devices together on NordVPN. That’s because it comes with 6 simultaneous device connections.
- The unique Double VPN feature of Nord is something to praise about. It transfers users’ data through two servers before reaching the ultimate destination.
- NordVPN presents both an internet and app kill switch features that protect users’ privacy when they accidentally lose connection with the VPN provider.
- The no-log policy of NordVPN guarantees that no personal information like IP addresses, the websites users visit, the files they download, the data they use, or the time they spend on the VPN are logged on the VPN.
- It comes with AES with 256-bit keys (AES-256 security), ensuring the highest encryption.
- NordVPN uses two of the most secured internet protocols (IKEv2 and IPSec) to offer top-notch privacy.
Pros and Cons of using NordVPN
Surfshark is an exciting VPN for Seattle that offers a lot of potential with some exotic features and security.
It’s relatively new in the business compared to other VPN providers in the market, but it has gained a lot of popularity.
Surfshark VPN has built a network of over 3,200 servers across 65 countries.
It has all the features we look for in a VPN for Seattle. A user can name trusted WiFi networks, set the VPN to start after booting up, and maintain their private connection via user profiles.
Surfshark offers a kill switch add-on, which cuts off the internet when the VPN connection fails for any reason.
A list of Surfshark VPN’s remarkable features is as follows:
- Surfshark VPN comes with a DNS leak and uses WebRTC technology that keeps all the essential information (like IP address, location, etc.) of users secret.
- You can use Surfshark VPN to access alternative online streaming content and services. That’s because it allows users to torrent files.
- The Bypasser feature is an add-on that lets users bypass certain websites and apps. However, it isn’t something that many VPN services come with. Well, Surfshark VPN offers this add-on.
- It supports unlimited simultaneous device connections and can be connected to almost every type of device.
- The Camouflage Mode of this VPN helps its customers in being anonymous and, as a result, offers maximum security and privacy.
Pros and Cons of using Surfshark
ExpressVPN has been ranked as one of the top VPNs for Seattle, and it doesn’t come as a surprise.
Everything about this VPN service provider is rock solid, from the user experience to the speed to the privacy and security.
It keeps pulling off updates to remain ahead of its top competitors.
ExpressVPN has all the features a person looks for in a VPN service. It has an in-app split tunneling feature, which not all VPN services support.
The tool allows a user to specify directly in the VPN which apps and programs should use the VPN connection and which don’t, making split tunneling relatively easy.
Following are some noteworthy features of ExpressVPN:
- ExpressVPN boasts a no-log policy; it doesn’t log users’ timestamps on the VPN, browsing histories, or IP addresses and ultimately provides protection against hackers.
- The kill switch add-on of ExpressVPN keeps users’ data safe and secured.
- It has a Split tunneling add-on that enables its clients to select what apps and websites go via the VPN.
- ExpressVPN guarantees high-level security using three internet protocols: IPsec/L2TP, Lightway, and OpenVPN (TCP or UDP).
- It provides a DNS leak tester allowing users to test if the VPN has any DNS leaks or not.
- ExpressVPN offers a DNS leak tester on its website, which a customer can use to test if it has any DNS leaks or not.
Pros and Cons of using ExpressVPN
VyprVPN is another Virtual Private Network service provider specially designed for Seattle.
It keeps dropping fresh updates to enhance its strengths and polish the rough edges.
Moreover, it’s an excellent option for anyone looking for a VPN that helps its customer stay secure online without decreasing their browsing speed.
These are some remarkable features of VyprVPN:
- The kill switch feature of VyprVPN helps enhance its users’ privacy and security.
- A user can torrent different materials using the VyprVPN without compromising privacy.
- VyprVPN offers a split tunneling tool on both Mac and Android devices.
- It also features a static or dedicated IP address for paid users who’re willing to pay an additional monthly charge.
- Vypr runs on four protocols: OpenVPN (256-bit), L2TP/IPSec, Chameleon, and WireGuard.
Pros and Cons of using VyprVPN
PIA (or Private Internet Access) has been in operation for a long time, but it’s still one of Seattle’s most suitable VPN services, offering a slew of features.
It gives its users two options for the kill switch add-on: VPN kills switch and advanced kill switch.
While the former blocks connections if the VPN network drops, the latter stops the users from connecting to the internet unless the VPN is running.
Private Internet Access is loaded with a vast array of features, and some of these include:
- With the kill switch add-on, PIA users get two options to choose from the VPN kill switch and the advanced kill switch. Both of these guarantee protection to the users.
- Its no-log policy makes the VPN more trustworthy to use.
- The split tunneling of PIA works smoothly on Windows, Android, Mac, and Linux.
- PIA customers are given the option to choose the encryption method they want for their VPNs from a list of ways.
- Private Internet Access provides secure and fast services thanks to its multiple Internet protocols.
Pros and Cons of using Private Internet Access
Hotspot Shield is another popular VPN for Seattle with exciting and unusual features that help it stand out from the crowd.
It has over 1,800 servers in more than 80 countries and 115 cities.
The servers it offers are P2P-friendly and block malicious and phishing websites, keeping the users safe online.
Some of the unique features of Hotspot Shield VPN include:
- Hotspot Shield comes with unlimited content access and bandwidth.
- It protects your bank info, passwords & downloads from snoopers.
- The VPN service provider creates an encrypted tunnel between a user’s computer and its servers to conduct their online activities (like visiting the websites they want, making online transactions, downloading files, etc.) anonymously, without being tracked.
- It hides the user’s IP address.
- Hotspot Shield VPN offers an enhanced level of security and privacy online.
Pros and Cons of using Hotspot Shield
TunnelBear VPN is one of the well-known VPN services for Seattle online. It uses gold-standard AES-256 encryption with an SHA-256 hash for more authentication.
It has many features, implements a no-logs policy, unblocks online streaming sites, and more.
The features that make TunnelBear one of the best VPN choices for Seattle are:
- By default, TunnelBear VPN uses robust AES 256-bit encryption.
- It comes with a GhostBear which makes encrypted VPN information less detectable to businesses, ISPs, and governments.
- You can add up to 5 devices simultaneously to cover the whole device network.
- It has servers in over 49 countries worldwide.
- TunnelBear VPN has a vigilant mode that blocks all unsecured traffic when the connection drops until it’s safely reconnected.
Pros and Cons of using TunnelBear VPN
Windscribe is another popular VPN service provider for Seattle, which uses a diverse network of server locations and a perfect selection of applications for Android, Linux, Mac, and iOS.
The Canada-based VPN provider unlimited simultaneous device connections and data usage. It also has an effective logging policy.
The fantastic features of Windscribe VPN include:
- It has servers in more than 63 countries and over 110 cities.
- The ROBERT feature of Windscribe VPN blocks IPs and domains (ads) of a user’s choice on all devices.
- Windscribe VPN uses AES-256 cipher with a 4096-bit RSA key and SHA512 auth.
- It comes with a Firewall that blocks all connectivity outside the tunnel, eliminating all types of leaks.
Pros and Cons of using Windscribe VPN
Do I Need a VPN in Seattle?
Yes, of course. Using a VPN for Seattle is so evident that everyone wishes to get a VPN as soon as they’re in Seattle, Washington.
It helps hide a user’s online activity from hackers and helps gain secured access to a good range of global content.
How to Get a Seattle IP Address?
Accessing a Seattle IP address is pretty straightforward. You just need to follow these simple steps to get a Seattle IP address:
• Sign up with a VPN.
• Get the app and log in.
• Connect to a Seattle-based server.
• Wait for a few seconds to connect.
And that’s it; you’ll get a Seattle IP address.
Are VPNs Legal in Seattle?
The straightforward answer to your question is a Yes. It’s completely legal to use a VPN service provider in Seattle.
As long as you don’t use a VPN for any illegal activity, you won’t face any problem using a VPN service in Seattle or any other city in the United States.
Using a VPN to stay protected online is really important if you’re in Seattle. We’ve mentioned the eight best VPN options for Seattle.
However, our best recommendation for VPN for Seattle is Nord, as it offers fantastic in-build security features without compromising the browsing speed.