Here, in this article, we’ll reveal the best VPN for Amazon Prime that can help.
Amazon Prime is a popular streaming platform with a massive library of movies and shows; however, many of its contents are restricted by the region one lives.
Okay, don’t worry; a good VPN will definitely help.
Using a VPN will let you want content from the international library or allow you to access your home version of Amazon Prime while traveling abroad.
However, not every VPN that claims to work for Amazon Prime Video works.
Therefore, we’ve compiled a list of seven of the best VPNs known for their compatibility with Amazon Prime Video.
Best VPN for Amazon Prime 2022
Here’s a quick look at some of the best VPNs for Amazon Prime Video:
NordVPN is based in Panama and is the best VPN for Amazon Prime, with over 12 million internet users globally.
The company was established in 2012 with more than 170 programmers, information technology architects, and security specialists.
It has a strict no-logging policy and is excluded from the Five Eyes alliance, which offers NordVPN a competitive advantage when it comes to securing its clients’ data.
In fact, it’s so passionate about privacy that one of its founders aims to educate individuals about cybersecurity and ultimately improve overall VPN services.
In addition, Nord stands out as a top Virtual Private Network, especially for Amazon Prime.
That’s because it includes every feature that most VPN users want, like a kill switch, torrenting capabilities, DNS leak protection, and split tunneling applicability.
One of the critical features that NordVPN offers is the kill switch add-on.
It safeguards users’ information or data from dropping out in the split seconds between a dropped VPN connection and reconnection.
Moreover, torrenting and peer-to-peer networking (which are highly essential) are welcome at NordVPN.
DNS leaks are the chink in one’s armor of security which allows the Internet Service Provider (ISP) to get all the information related to a user, from the message they send or receive to the browsing history.
And NordVPN comes with DNS leak protection and a leak test to ensure that it’s working the way it should.
Another advanced feature that the trusted NordVPN offers is the split tunneling add-on.
You can either use it to operate the VPN on one web browser and split off another to stream any local content with the device Internet or use the inverse tunneling option to access local apps and international tunnel data.
Here’s why you should use a NordVPN:
- While using NordVPN, a user can choose between two protocol options: IKEv2/ IPSec and OpenVPN.
- Rather than encrypting and re-routing Internet traffic once, Nord’s double VPN repeats the entire process, sending the users’ requests via two servers and encrypting the same with separate keys.
- NordVPN has a CyberSec feature, an all-in-one malware, and an ad blocker. It protects all of the app users who’ve connected their devices with the VPN.
- NordVPN’s Onion Over VPN feature offers its users all of the Onion network’s advantages without downloading Tor, placing trust in anonymous servers, or displaying internet activities.
- It provides two kill switches to its users. The first one disables a user’s internet connection when the devices disconnect from a VPN server. While the other one lets a user determine certain apps to kill when the VPN connection drops.
Pros and Cons of using NordVPN
Surfshark, another famous VPN company for Amazon Prime, was founded in 2018 and is located in the British Virgin Islands with employees in eight countries.
The VPN service provider offers more than 3,200 servers in over 65 countries.
Although its primary feature focuses on privacy, it offers other security features which aren’t limited to encrypting users’ data.
Surfshark VPN has a no-logs policy, a whitelister functionality, a kill switch add-on, and supports Peer-to-Peer downloads on specific servers.
Some of the features that make Surfshark VPN stand out from the crowd:
- It uses the IKEv2 and OpenVPN protocols, each accepted as the gold standard of security and speed.
- Surfshark VPN carries on ideal AES-256 bit encryption. In addition, when there are any VPN connection issues, its kill switch add-on will automatically stop the server Internet connection, preventing any data security.
- It’s one of the few Virtual Private Network service providers that genuinely offers a no-logs policy.
- The multi-hop connection of Surfshark VPN helps route a user’s online activity via two or more alternative VPN servers, which makes it even harder to track their internet activities.
- Surfshark VPN offers a powerful CleanWeb feature. It allows users to block malware and unwanted ads before they load to protect the system.
Pros and Cons of using Surfshark
Based in the British Virgin Islands, Express is a full-featured VPN for Amazon Prime that offers plenty of security advantages with a subscription plan.
It provides a good range of VPN services, such as it has over 3,000 servers in more than 160 locations across a total of 94 countries worldwide, military-grade encryption, split tunneling applicability, and a lot more.
The British Virgin Islands-based company follows a strict no-logs policy and isn’t a part of the Five Eyes or Fourteen Eyes Alliances.
That means a user’s data is safe, and all logs of their actual IP address, connection timestamp, outgoing VPN IP address, and session duration remain anonymous.
A good range of ExpressVPN features includes the following:
- The DNS support is a highlight of ExpressVPN. It offers a DNS leak protection that ensures no data about a user’s internet activities leaks out of the VPN tunnel.
- It makes split tunneling easy by letting a user determine directly in the app which programs should use the VPN network and which don’t.
- ExpressVPN offers installers for every device, including Mac, iOS, Windows, Android, Linux distros, and routers. It also supports Roku, Fire TV, Chromecast, Kindle Fire, and more.
- It provides a built-in speed test that offers all servers a download speed, speed index, and latency.
- The VPN service provider also follows a robust no-log policy.
Pros and Cons of using ExpressVPN
Another popular VPN for Amazon Prime, VyprVPN, is headquartered in Switzerland and is owned by the company Golden Frog. It currently runs its operation in around 65 countries.
Moreover, it is competitively priced (in terms of an annual subscription) and allows a maximum of thirty simultaneous devices connections.
On top, it offers a robust list of features that are highly accessible and also provides 24-7 customer service through live chat.
Vypr is in-built with a lot of remarkable features. These are as follows:
- Features like the NAT firewall, Chameleon protocol, and VyprDNS helped the VyprVPN service provider gain its real strength in security.
- The configurable kill switch of VyprVPN blocks a user’s network and online traffic when the VPN connection drops. Moreover, it has three configuration options: stop LAN traffic, system-level, and app-level prospects.
- VyprVPN has a split tunneling functionality that allows users to designate which apps to use the VPN connection while letting others use the device’s internet directly.
- It also has an auto-reconnection option.
- The VPN service provider is compatible with Mac, Android, iOS, Linux, and Windows.
Pros and Cons of using VyprVPN
Private Internet Access (or PIA) is a reputed VPN for Amazon Prime. It works in the United States and 82 other countries, allowing users to watch online content without geo-restrictions.
PIA also hides a user’s online activity and keeps them anonymously online.
The primary services from PIA include access to PIA MACE, online trackers, and ad and malware blockers. In addition, it has over 35,000 VPN servers.
The fantastic features of PIA include the following:
- It supports OpenVPN and WireGuard technologies, making it a highly secured VPN service provider.
- A PIA user can access it through apps for Mac, iOS, Linux, Windows, Android, web browser extensions for Firefox, Chrome, Opera, and many more devices.
- You can connect up to 10 devices with the Private Internet Access VPN via a single account.
- Private Internet Access also supports a Smart DNS, a fantastic technology that offers a quick and straightforward way of unblocking some sites.
- Some extra features of PIA include a SOCKS5 proxy, port forwarding support, 24/7 live chat support, and many more.
Pros and Cons of using Private Internet Access
The CactusVPN, based in Moldova, is a small VPN service provider for Amazon Prime.
Despite having a tiny network that works in 22 countries with only 35 servers, it has quite a good range of features.
There’s SmartDNS to unblock websites, support all the primary protocols, offer apps for everything, and the list continues.
Following are some of the remarkable features of CactusVPN:
- It has apps and tutorials for iOS, Windows, Android, OS X, etc.
- CactusVPN also offers a Smart DNS that can unblock more than 300 websites.
- The VPN gives gold-standard AES encryption (both AES-256 and AES-128).
- It comes with 7 VPN protocols: SSTP, OpenVPN, SoftEther, WireGuard, PPTP, L2TP/IPSec, and IKEv2.
- CactusVPN is also protected against any DNS (Domain Name System) leaks.
Pros and Cons of using CactusVPN
Avast SecureLine VPN
The final VPN for Amazon Prime on our list, Avast SecureLine VPN, offers easy-to-understand services. It’s known for its performance across the globe.
It supports top-notch OpenVPN protocol with AES-256-GCM encryption. Moreover, it also has a kill switch add-on which increases its trustworthiness.
Besides these, Avast’s interface has been designed keeping in mind the requirements of a VPN user. It also protected against any kind of WebRTC and DNS leaks.
These are some of the features that Avast SecureLine VPN offers:
- Avast uses IKEv2 for its Mac and iOS apps and OpenVPN for its Windows and Android apps.
- The Avast SecureLine, VPN service provider grants access to many servers across 35 different countries.
- The best thing about Avast SecureLine VPN is that it supports legal torrenting.
- It comes with a kill switch tool that automatically stops users’ internet activities when the VPN connection drops.
- Although it logs a portion of the IP address, SecureLine claims that all the data of its users are safe and secured from third parties or hackers.
Pros and Cons of using Avast SecureLine VPN
How to Unblock Amazon Prime Video from Anywhere
If you want to unblock Amazon Prime video from anywhere, there’s a simple way to do it – use a VPN.
A VPN for Amazon Prime Video makes it seem like you’re connected to the server (internet) in a different country.
So, you can access any content of the Amazon Prime Video library from anywhere using a VPN.
We’ve mentioned the best VPN for Amazon Prime Video available in the market that you can use to unblock Amazon Prime Video.
How Do I Watch Prime Video Shows that Aren’t Available in My Location?
The answer is more straightforward than you think; all you need is a good and reliable VPN.
You can simply open the VPN app and select a server from various countries.
Can Amazon Prime Video Detect My VPN?
Although chances are pretty low, Amazon Prime can detect that you’re using a VPN.
If it somehow detects that you’re using a VPN app to stream Amazon Prime content, you’ll receive an error message and won’t be able to watch.
However, if not, you can easily stream content without any error.
Do Any Free VPNs Work with Amazon Prime Video?
To be honest, a free VPN doesn’t actually work with Amazon Prime. You need to have a paid one to unblock Amazon Prime Video from anywhere.
With this, we’re at the end of our article about finding the best VPN for Amazon Prime Video.
In this write-up, we’ve talked about seven of the best VPNs that have consistently proven remarkable in un-blocking Amazon Prime content.
However, if you ask us to pick one, our top recommendation would be a NordVPN. It’s filled with unique features that make the VPN the best for unblocking Amazon Prime.