When you lose your Gmail password or credentials, the experience can be quite frustrating.
Many people all around the world have faced this particular problem – how to recover Gmail account without phone number and recovery email?
In fact, some people have not been able to log in to their Gmail accounts, even after trying for weeks together.
You need to understand that Google does provide you with a lot of options that you should try if you ever get locked out of your Gmail account; the reasons for the same could be many – you have probably forgotten your password or someone has hacked your Gmail account and changed the original password.
In most cases, these methods are enough to help you recover your Gmail account.
However, these options are very limited, particularly if you do not possess the registered phone number registered with your Gmail ID or do not have any recovery email.
In this article, we will look into all the different methods that can help you understand how to recover Gmail account without phone number or recovery email.
What Is The Standard Gmail Recovery Procedure?
As mentioned previously, there are certain methods that you can use to reset or recover your Gmail password.
Thankfully, all these methods have been laid out nicely and all the steps involved will be shown to you.
The first thing you need to do if you want to recover your forgotten password is to simply tap on the Forgot Password link that you see on the Gmail login page.
Next, you will be asked the previous password that you had before you made the new one.
If the password you remember is nearly accurate and you have set up a backup system, you will be offered many options to continue.
However, if you are unable to remember the password, you can simply move ahead with another question.
The next option available to you is using a recovery email.
This means that you need to have a secondary email address that you need to set while creating a new Gmail account.
With the help of the secondary email, you will receive a 6-digit code; this code will allow you to set up a new password to gain access to your Gmail account.
How To Recover Gmail Password Without Recovery Email Address Or Registered Phone Number
As mentioned previously, it is not easy to recover passwords without a phone number or recovery email.
However, there are still a handful of methods that you can try to learn how to recover Gmail account without phone.
1. Regularly Backing Up Your Gmail Account
Even if you end up losing access to your Gmail account, the blow of the event will be lesser if you have all the recent backups of your data.
Thankfully, Google offers you various methods to download the data, which is known as Takeout.
With the help of Takeout, you will be able to download all the data connected to your Google account, which includes photos, maps, etc.
If you are more specific, you can choose to download only the data related to your Gmail account.
The downloads will be done in different formats, which will depend on the type of data. As for Gmail, the data will be downloaded in MBOX format.
The benefit of this format is that you can upload it into another Gmail account or any other email app or service.
2. Utilize A Password Manager
One of the best ways to remember a forgotten password is to make use of a dedicated password manager. And no, using the Google Password Manager for the task does not count.
You can make use of third-party password managers like Zoho Vault, 1Password, and Bitwarden; all these tools are some of the best password managers in the market today and will help you recover your Gmail password if you ever forget it.
3. Keep A Copy Of Your Gmail Password
One of the methods that Gmail uses to verify the right person is trying to access the Gmail account is asking the user to type in the last password.
If you changed your old password a long time back, it is possible that you will not remember the former password.
Hence, it is always a better alternative to keep a copy of your passwords safe.
As mentioned previously, you can make use of a dedicated password manager to keep a track of all your passwords.
Most of these apps are such that they will help you update all existing passwords and categorize all the old ones into different sections.
Alternatively, it is always a good idea to maintain a book where you write down your passwords physically.
This is considered a great option because software and online tools are still a bit less reliable than a book.
It is always possible that you will forget the password of your password manager itself.
However, the important thing here is that you should never misplace the book where you have jotted down the password to your accounts. Alternatively, you can also use an encrypted file.
4. Check Various Recovery Options
Of course, it is always a good idea to add as many recovery options as you can so that you will always have some or the other choices in hand if you forget your password and get done with the identity verification.
Let us learn how to recover Gmail account without phone number and recovery password:
- Head over to the Google Account page; navigate to the left side of the window and tap on the Security option.
- Next, you need to select the option ‘Ways To Verify You’.
- Here, you will find various options that you can use to recover your Gmail account. Yes, Google did support the security question feature in the past. However, this feature is no longer supported. Even if you find this option, you will only be shown that the security question feature no longer exists.
- If you have not filled any of these options, it is always a good idea to fill them up.
- Remember The Time When You Started Your Gmail Account
If none of the methods work out for you, this is the last-ditch option you can try.
When you are trying to recover your Gmail account, you will be asked the date when you have created this account.
Of course, not all people know the exact days when they created their Gmail accounts.
One way to accurately remember this date is to write it down somewhere. Of course, it will not be of any use if you are unable to recover your email address.
Let us learn how you can do so:
- Head over to your account on Gmail and click on the ‘All Mail’ option on the left side of the screen.
- On the upper-right corner of the screen, you should see the option to return to previous emails in the list. Remember to tap on the ‘Oldest’ option.
Once you are taken to the oldest email, you will see the first email that you received when you first created this Gmail account.
This email is sent immediately after the account is created. This will give you the date when you created this Gmail account for the first time.
How To Set Up A Recovery Phone Number And Password?
From the above, it is understandable that you always need to set a phone number and a recovery email if you do not want to deal with all the hassles of learning how to recover Gmail account without phone number and recovery email.
Let us learn how you can set up a recovery phone number:
- The first step here is to head over to the verification option and tap on the ‘Recovery Email’ option.
- Next, simply add your phone number in the Add Recovery Phone pop-up window.
- Once done, you should receive a verification code on the registered phone number. You need to enter this code in the verification pop-up window.
Now, let us learn how you can set up a recovery email.
One thing you need to know about setting up a recovery email is that you can use another Gmail account for the purpose, your friend/family’s email address, or any other email account from different services.
- Similar to the above, you first need to head over to the verification section. Next, you need to tap on the option ‘Recovery Email’.
- Now, you need to type down the email address you would like to be a recovery email in the text field and then tap on the Verify button.
- On the email address that you have provided, you will get a 6-digit code that you need to copy from the inbox. Now, head over to the original Gmail recovery page and paste the code. If you enter the wrong code or delay the process, you will have to wait for another 24 hours before you can ask for a new verification code.
- Once confirmed, you will see a pop-up window that states that the provided email address has been verified.
As you can see above, it is not easy to recover your Gmail account if you did not provide a recovery phone number and/or email address.
While these methods are useful, they can also be very cumbersome.
Therefore, it is always recommended that you provide a recovery email and/or phone number to recover your Gmail account faster and more easily.
If you have any other methods in your mind, let us know in the comment section below.
Here are some common FAQs related to Gmail recovery email and phone numbers:
Can I Recover My Gmail Account with A Recovery Phone Number or Email Address?
Sadly, it is nearly impossible to recover your Gmail password without your recovery number and/or email address.
While there are some methods available, they are quite cumbersome and time-consuming. Additionally, there is never a 100% success rate.
Hence, it is always important to add your email address and phone number if you want to recover your Gmail address in case you forget the password.