This guide discusses how to jailbreak a FireStick.
The Amazon Firestick is a well-known and excellent streaming gadget.
This one-of-a-kind gadget with several functions overcomes the problem of transforming any standard HDMI-enabled television into a genuine smart device.
It enables the free streaming of material from a variety of online media and entertainment providers, including Netflix, DirecTV, Hulu, Hotstar, Amazon Prime Videos, and numerous more television networks.
That sounds fantastic. However, there is a major handicap. To see anything through such streaming media, you must pay a membership fee.
Furthermore, their memberships aren’t cheap; they may cause a deep crack in your wallet.
You shouldn’t have to be, as that’s what this post is all about: overcoming the cost barrier.
And this is where the jailbreaked Firestick takes hold!
Jailbreaking the Firestick allows users to obtain third-party streaming applications that provide unlimited free access to all of their favorite programs, films, events, IPTV, live TV channels, and other content.
You’re probably wondering if it’s legal to jailbreak a firestick.
Don’t worry, jailbreaking the Firestick is entirely legal!
When you purchase a gadget, it becomes yours, and you have the freedom to do whatever you want anyway!
The only moment it becomes prohibited is when you use the gadget to broadcast unauthorized content.
What Does “Jailbreaking a Firestick” Mean?
Jailbreaking a Firestick is the way of eliminating manufacturer limitations to enable the installation of unapproved applications.
This allows us to install third-party programs that are not accessible in the Amazon Store.
After jailbreaking a Firestick, we may sideload software onto the gadget that we would not typically be able to acquire from the main app stores.
This gives your Firestick access to hundreds of videos, TV series, live streams, sports, movies, and other content such as FireStick IPTV services.
You might consider jailbreaking as tearing down the barrier that lies between you and endless fun.
It is a method of hacking the Firestick without causing damage to the gadget.
This is a secure procedure that just requires a few security settings changes on the Firestick.
One thing to keep in mind while utilizing these “unsourced” apps is that we do not know who created them.
As a result, utilizing a VPN in combination with them is critical for protecting your data and privacy.
How to Jailbreak a FireStick in 2023
Even though the FireStick jailbreak technique isn’t easy, it’s also not advanced science and this section shows you how to Jailbreak a Firestick correctly.
Unlike many other devices, jailbreaking a Firestick does not require any sophisticated OS upgrades or administrative permission to access the device.
Everything may be done directly from the Fire TV device’s standard menus.
You may have stumbled across some properly equipped FireSticks for sale online. Such streaming gadgets are typically offered for $40–50 more than the original price.
You don’t need to spend all that money when you can do it all yourself and “within moments.”
To allow applications from unknown authorities on your Amazon Firestick device, the following is a list of steps.
- Hover at your device’s start screen over the search icon and then click on the search bar.
- Type Downloader to search for and download it.
- Select the desired downloader software.
- Click to download it.
- Give enough time for the program to install.
- You will receive a message that the downloader is set to begin.
- Navigate to the homepage and tap Settings.
- Go over to My Fire TV.
- Select Developer features.
- Tap on the “Download Unknown Applications” button.
- Locate and launch the Downloader application.
- It will enable anonymous sources in the Downloader app. This will activate your device’s jailbreaking capabilities.
That’s all! After jailbreaking your Firestick, you can now use Downloader on your streaming app to side-load dozens of third-party programs.
Setup a VPN
Before jailbreaking your Amazon Firestick, you will require a virtual private network.
A VPN will keep you anonymous on the internet by disguising your IP address and protecting your personal data.
While jailbreaking the Firestick, you must utilize a good VPN for FireStick.
Use a reliable VPN, such as NordVPN, since it has a zero-log system and the quickest connectivity for Fire Stick gadgets.
They also provide a 30-day money-back promise, so you may use it with your firestick without danger.
Try to avoid free VPNs because they collect and resell your confidential information.
There’s a reason they’re free!!! A VPN may also be downloaded via the official Amazon App Store by browsing for it on your FireStick’s homepage.
To download it, go to the Downloader app’s URL field and enter the VPN link, then press Next.
Tap on the Install button when asked. Your desired VPN will now be installed on your FireStick.
How to Use a Downloader to Hack a Firestick
One action that you cannot bear to overlook while jailbreaking Firestick is running Kodi. If you are unfamiliar with Kodi, it is an entertainment program that provides its subscribers with access to an endless array of free stuff.
It lets users view their favorite TV series, films, events, and children’s material, among other things.
You may also watch whatever you wish! All you need are the correct Kodi addons and developers to do all of this.
Kodi will be set up on the Firestick using the currently existing Downloader App. There are a few basic ways of taking to do this:
- The Downloader app will be launched in the pre-selected Home category on the left bar. On the right, you’ll notice a place where you may type in a URL; click on it.
- When a screen with a touchscreen keyboard appears, input any of the URLs depending on your preference. However, if you choose to stick with Krypton, for the time being, you may upgrade to Kodi afterwards.
http://bit.ly/kodi1805 for the most recent Kodi 18.5 Leia
- After you’ve entered your desired option, click Go.
- The Downloader would then inaugurate the APK file after linking to the network. All you have to do now is wait for the download to finish.
- When the procedure is finished, you may press enter in the window that appears next.
- You must sit tight for the Kodi software to install and then proceed.
- The successful deployment of Kodi will be confirmed by an “app installed” notice.
When you finish this procedure, your firestick will be officially jailbroken! To launch Kodi, click Start, and to start Kodi later, simply hit the Finish button.
You may access it later from your apps list.
Kodi will take some time to load because you are accessing it for the first time. It’s nothing out of the ordinary. Let us go to the last stage.
Before You Begin Operating Kodi, Connect A VPN With Your Gadget.
Once you have Kodi loaded, always keep the VPN running at all times to keep yourself safe. This is a necessary stage to do before installing any plug-ins on Kodi.
Consider utilizing a VPN such as NordVPN, which has a no-log policy and the best connectivity for Firestick, allowing you to access all of your favorite material without delay.
They also provide a 30-day money-back promise. To connect VPN with Kodi, there are steps that need to be accomplished.
- Establish your NordVPN Login and Password.
- To register your membership, you will get an activation link through email. To validate your membership, be sure to click the activation link!
- Navigate to the NordVPN service on your Fire TV, input your login and password, and then tap Enter.
- Once you’ve logged in to NordVPN, go over to the upper right menu and click on the connect icon.
- Ensure that the Start NordVPN option is set to “On.”
- Check that the Starting Connections Procedure is set to Connect to Quickest Server.
- Ensure that Scrambling is set to On.
- For the greatest streaming quality, make sure your Country is set to the United States.
- To connect to the VPN server, click Connect, then OK.
You have now established a connection to the NordVPN server. This signifies that your IP address and geolocation have been switched to the NordVPN server.
That implies that everything you livestream from now on will be fully anonymized, with no way of tracing it back to you.
How to Jailbreak a FireStick (ES File Explorer Technique)
You don’t have to do this if you’ve already jailbroken your Firestick using the technique described previously.
If the Downloader software is not available in your country, you can jailbreak the FireStick with ES File Explorer.
Please keep in mind that sideloading is no longer free with ES File Explorer. You must pay a monthly subscription of $9.99. The app also provides a 7-day free version.
There are steps to be followed to jailbreak your Firestick.
- Open Setting then My Fire TV
Settings > My Fire TV
- Open developers options
- Enable Applications from Unknown Sources.
- Return to the Settings tab.
- Navigate to Preferences > Privacy Setting
- Prevent Data Collection on Device Usage
- Prevent the collection of app user data.
- Navigate to your Fire Stick’s homepage.
- In the top-left area, click the Search button.
- Using your FireStick remote, type ES File Explorer.
- When ES File Explorer appears in the search results, pick it.
- Click the Download button.
- Allow some time for ES File Explorer to download and install.
- To launch the ES File Explorer app, click the Start button.
- Locate and hit the Downloader icon on the top right of the ES File Explorer.
- At the bottom, select +New.
- In the Url box, type https://www.firesticktricks.com/kapk. In the Name field, type a title.
- Click on the download option.
- When the Kodi APK file has finished downloading, click the Open file button.
- On the following screen, select Install.
- Scroll to the bottom right of the next window and click Install once more.
- Soon, you will receive a message that the app has been installed. Awesome! You now have a jailbroken Firestick.
Kodi is a powerful platform on its own, and it also has the ability to broadcast material like YouTube via certified add-ons.
It’s simple to understand why the combo of Kodi with the Amazon Fire Stick has grown so popular throughout the world.
And, given the simplicity of putting Kodi onto your device, download the app—and, for that matter, Covenant—is a no-brainer.
And that’s it for our in-depth guide on How to jailbreak a FireStick— I hope it helped!