Lot’s of people want to learn how to install NordVPN on FireStick.
Because the Internet can be a fun place, but also a dangerous place.
Why risk your privacy when you can easily obtain a comfortable level of security?
Today we will show you how.
People all around the world use Amazon FireStick for IPTV and other services, and they never even think about their safety and privacy online.
While these are some fine pieces of hardware, they are still susceptible to prying digital eyes. If you have never thought about this before, now is the right time.
FireStick has a bunch of convenient features that we rely upon on a daily basis, such as browsing, downloading, and streaming.
However, did you know that your Internet Service Provider (ISP), as well as anyone that has, legally or illegally, obtained access to the network, can see all your data?
Unless you are using a virtual private network (VPN), of course.
Those without a VPN remain susceptible at all times to ISP reporting on their data traffic and specific information to local law enforcement institutions.
Also, you may even be prevented from visiting a specific website in a classic censorship maneuver, either by the government or directly by your ISP.
It pays off to have a VPN in any case. A good and proper VPN. Like NordVPN, which is the best, if you ask us. As well as many other experts all over the web, of course.
In this guide we show you how to set up NordVPN on your FireStick and never again worry about the safety and privacy of your online activity.
How to Install NordVPN on FireStick in 2024
Step 1: Subscribing to NordVPN
First of all, you have to purchase a subscription to NordVPN in order to begin the process of enhancing your safety.
You do that this way:
- Head over to their official website. A button that says “Get NordVPN” is in the top-right corner. Click that.
- Opt for one of the three pricing plans. These come in the form of a 1-month subscription, 1-year subscription, and 2-years subscription. In addition, optionally you can add a NordPass Premium and/or a NordLocker Premium features to the subscription of your choice, which include a secure password saver and an encrypted cloud storage, respectively.
- Click on “Continue to payment”.
- Type in your email address in order to activate your NordVPN account.
- Pick your preferred payment method. NordVPN allows you to pay via credit/debit card, Google Pay, Amazon Pay, UnionPay, ACH Transfer, and various cryptocurrencies. Check your order summary before you proceed as an extra cautionary measure.
- Click on the big blue “Continue” button and do as the instructions that now appear say in order to finalize your registration.
Step 2: How to Install NordVPN on FireStick (Amazon App Store method)
Now you have an account so you can proceed to download the app onto your device, which brings you one step closer to the sound sleep provided by using NordVPN.
Let us proceed!
- Venture over to the home screen of your FireStick and press “Find”.
- Click on the “Search” button.
- Type “NordVPN”. It should pop up in the suggested search way before you type in the last “N”. When you see it, select it.
- Click on “Download” or “Get”.
- Give it a second to download and install NordVPN by itself. It’s a smart device, after all!
- A notification will appear to inform you that the installation process is done, and even if you miss it the button should change to “Open”. This concludes this not-that-complicated process. Congratulations, you’re done with this step!
Step 2: How to Install NordVPN on FireStick (Downloader method)
Although this rarely happens, it is possible that the official app developer misses posting an update to their app for FireSticks.
If that happens, you will have to obtain NordVPN APK from third-party websites.
The simplest way to do this is by using an app called Downloader, an official app in the Amazon App Store, so nothing even remotely suspicious there, trust us.
However, to use Downloader, you also need to swap a setting named “Unknown Sources”.
Let’s do that now.
- Launch FireStick and go to Settings.
- Scroll down and click on “My Fire TV”.
- Press “Developer Options”.
- Click on “Install Unknown Apps”.
- Find “Downloader” and switch it to “ON”.
Now we should get the Downloader app installed on your device.
- Go back to the Home Screen.
- Go Find > Search on the menu (middle of the screen).
- Type in “Downloader”.
- Select and open the app.
- The app should be available now in the “APPS & GAMES” section. Click it.
- Click on “Download” or “Get”.
Okay, finally done and ready to do this with NordVPN’s app!
- Launch “Downloader” and go to the URL input field.
- Find a link to the host of the NordVPN APK file and type it in. One example of this is “https://bit.ly/3qmlHN4”. Without quotation marks, naturally.
- After the page is finished with loading, click whatever button is for downloading, which depends on the link that you have typed in. In our example, it is a big, green “Download APK” button.
- Close any ads that might pop up, we don’t need that right now. Except if you love the ad. Either case, skip it until at least we are finished with setting up NordVPN. Have a little bit more patience!
- Wait until the APK for the app is downloaded.
- Now your FireStick will ask you to confirm the installation process. Click the “Install” button and follow the simple instructions that will appear afterwards.
- Your device will ask you what to do with the APK file after the installation. Choose “Delete”, as you are pretty much done with the APK, it has fulfilled its purpose and keeping it on the device would be a waste of memory.
- Re-click “Delete”.
- Now we’re really done. Yay!
You are now a proud owner of NordVPN and once again a proud owner of your own privacy and safety online.
Jokes aside, this has been a thorough guide on how to install NordVPN on FireStick and we sincerely hope that it was helpful to you.
Remember that safety and security are worth more than the money invested into it.
You do not have to wait to lose them in order to appreciate them. Appreciate them right now and do a favor to your future self!
Have fun streaming! This time, without worrying about safety.