Quick Answer 🔍How many people use Cash App in 2023?
Cash App has 44 million monthly active users.
Let’s start by saying there are many millions of users on Cash App.
Cash App is different from other payment processing and transactions apps.
Unlike most other payment apps, you don’t need to attach your bank account to the Cash App to accept payments.
You are identified by your phone number or email, so when you accept money, it goes into your Cash App account.
If you have a bank account, you can transfer the money to it, or use your debit card to spend Cash App money (you will need to add that card to your account).
All instant transactions are free, but if you use an ATM network, it will charge you a fee for using it.
In this article, we will talk about how many people use Cash App and things about the app you need to know.
Cash App Users: How Many People Use Cash App in 2023?
Cash App has 44 million monthly active users, according to sources.
Cash App, like Venmo and PayPal are categorized as peer-to-peer payment apps that you download to your mobile device.
You can then send and receive money as necessary.
If you link your debit card to it, you can use it for anything, including withdrawing cash at an ATM.
Who Uses the Cash App?
Before they changed the policy in 2021, a person had to be at least 18 to use Cash App. Now, you can use this payment app starting at 13 years old.
Naturally, a parent or guardian must authorize their account, but once that happens teens can start sending P2P payments and get a custom Cash App card that is driven by Visa.
The age group that uses Cash App the most is the 25- to 34-year olds. Next at 0.5%, users between 18 and 24 use it second most.
The 35 to 44 age group makes up only 0.1% of its user base, people 45 to 54 fall within the 0.4% of users, and finally, 0.3% of Cash App’s users are 55 plus.
Since Cash App is only open to people living in the United States or the United Kingdom, these are the two exclusive regions where this payment app is used.
Also, if you are outside of either of these countries, you will not be able to withdraw cash from ATMs.
There is no existing data according to gender usage of the Cash App.
What Powers Cash App?
Cash App is powered by Block, Inc. Before December 2021, it was powered by Square, Inc.
That said, the stock ticker is still SQ, for those who invest in this company.
Additionally, the plan is to maintain the Square name in terms of the company’s seller business, eCommerce, banking, and business software designed for sellers.
However, the Block name will manage the consumer side of things.
It’s believed that this brand name change is a sign that the company will be boosting its cryptocurrency interests in the near future.
If you’re an investor, consumer, or marketer, this is relevant to you.
How Does Cash App Compare to Venmo?
Cash App is a Square, Inc., and Block Inc. own this app, while Venmo is owned by PayPal.
How do these apps compare?
Cash App Is Best For:
- Receiving and sending money.
- Buying through your debit card.
- Investing in Bitcoin and stocks.
- Getting direct deposit payments.
Venmo Is Best For:
- Receiving and sending money between friends and family.
- Buying cryptocurrency.
- Purchasing goods and services.
- Engaging with family and friends.
- Managing your digital wallet.
Ways to Get Cash App Funds
- ATM, Mobile Wallet, bank account, and debit card.
Ways to Get Venmo Funds
- ATM, check, debit card, and bank account.
Cash App Payment Methods
- Apple Pay, Google Pay, debit card, bank account, and credit card.
Venmo Payment Methods
- Debit card, credit card, and bank account.
Cash App Fees
- 3% for sending funds via credit card.
- 1.5% for instant fund transfers.
- 0% for sending payments from your linked bank account or Cash App.
- 3% for sending funds via credit card.
- 1% to 5% for quicker access to cashed checks ($5 minimum).
- 0% for sending or receiving funds from your linked bank account, debit card, Venmo balance, or prepaid card.
Cash App Speed of Funds Transfer
- One to three business days for regular transfers or deposits.
- Instant transfers to debit card (optional)
Venmo Speed of Funds Transfer
- Three to five days for free withdrawal.
- 10 days for check cashing.
- Minutes to 1.5 hours for faster transfers (optional)
Cash App Limits
- Without identity verification, up to $1,000 per month.
- With identity verification you can increase your monthly limit.
- Total combined weekly spending of $6,999.99.
- Unverified users, $299.99 weekly.
- Verified users, $4,999.99 to $6,999.99 weekly.
Both services can be used through Android, iOS, and browsers.
These policies and solutions mean that both Cash App and Venmo are excellent for P2P fund transfers.
Besides receiving and sending funds, Cash App does have optional features for users to buy Bitcoin, invest in the stock market, and get direct deposits to their bank accounts.
Venmo tends to be easier if you just want to send and receive money.
First, we hope this information we gathered and shared with you here today has been interesting and beneficial.
You should know more about Cash App’s number of users, how people use it, who uses it, and how it compares to Venmo.
Whether you’re a marketer, investor, or consumer, you can now make an informed decision about choosing Cash App as your exclusive P2P money sending app, or if you want to use it alongside others like PayPal and Venmo.
Are you among the 44 million Cash App users? Do you use this app and others for purchasing, investing, saving, or receiving money?