Quick Answer 🔍How many content creators are on YouTube in 2023?
There are 113.94 million content creators on YouTube.
For those who are curious to know how many content creators are on YouTube in 2023, this article is for you.
Content creation is a challenging yet rewarding career. It is not as easy as people think it is.
Content creators allot their time, skills, and proper mindset to meet the interests of the audience.
They need to create their own YouTube channel, plan for content, film, edit, post, and advertise their videos.
YouTube is one of the most used and popular video-hosting platforms, accounting for over 2.6 billion users worldwide.
It helps its content creators share their original videos with this large audience. Most users prefer watching informative and entertaining videos.
How Many Content Creators are on YouTube in 2023?
According to the report, among the 2.67 billion YouTube active users, around 113.94 million decided to create their YouTube channels and become content creators.
This is equivalent to nearly 4.3% of all YouTube active users.
Let’s take a look at the number of YouTube channels with their subscribers:
- 113.94 million YouTube channels worldwide have less than 100 subscribers, accounting for 4.27% of the total YouTube active users around the world
- 28.4 million YouTube channels worldwide have 100 to 999 subscribers, accounting for 24.93% of the total YouTube channels around the world
- 10.1 million YouTube channels worldwide have 1,000 to 9,999 subscribers, accounting for 8.86% of the total YouTube channels around the world
- 2 million YouTube channels worldwide have 10,000 to 99,999 subscribers, accounting for 1.76% of the total YouTube channels around the world
- 321,100 YouTube channels worldwide have 100,000 to 999,999 subscribers, accounting for 0.28% of the total YouTube channels around the world
- 32,300 YouTube channels worldwide have 1,000,000 to 9,999,999 subscribers, accounting for 0.03% of the total YouTube channels around the world
- 1,100 YouTube channels worldwide have 10,000,000 to 49,999,999 subscribers, accounting for 0.00096% of the total YouTube channels around the world
- 35 YouTube channels worldwide have 50,000,000 to 99,999,999 subscribers, accounting for 0.00003% of the total YouTube channels around the world
- 9 YouTube channels worldwide have 100 million and more subscribers, accounting for 0.000008% of the total YouTube channels around the world
Which YouTube Channel has the Most Subscribers?
As of November 2022, T-Series, an Indian music network is the most subscribed YouTube channel, with 229 million subscribers.
It is followed by YouTube Movies with 158 million.
Here are the top 10 YouTube channels with the most subscribers in 2022:
- T-Series recorded about 229 million subscribers
- YouTube Movies recorded about 158 million subscribers
- Cocomelon – Nursery Rhymes recorded about 147 million subscribers
- SET India recorded about 146 million subscribers
- Music recorded about 117 million subscribers
- MrBeast recorded about 112 million subscribers
- PewDiePie recorded about 111 million subscribers
- Kids Diana Show recorded about 103 million subscribers
- Like Nastya recorded about 102 million subscribers
- Gaming recorded about 93.1 million subscribers
Content Creators on YouTube with Highest Earnings
The content creator with the highest earnings in 2021 is Jimmy Donaldson with his YouTube channel, MrBeast.
He has 112 million subscribers and generates estimated annual earnings of $54 million. He is followed by Jake Paul with $45 million.
Here is a list of the YouTube channels and content creators with the highest earnings in 2021:
- MrBeast (Jimmy Donaldson) generates earnings of around $54 million in 2021
- Jake Paul generates earnings of around $45 million in 2021
- Markiplier (Mark Fischbach) generates earnings of around $38 million in 2021
- Rhett & Link generates earnings of around $30 million in 2021
- Unspeakable generates earnings of around $28.5 million in 2021
- Nastya (Anastasia Radzinskaya) generates earnings of around $28 million in 2021
- Ryan Kaji generates earnings of around $27 million in 2021
- Dude Perfect generates earnings of around $20 million in 2021
- Logan Paul generates earnings of around $18 million in 2021
- Preston Arsement generates earnings of around $16 million in 2021
Countries with the Most YouTube Content Audiences
The 2022 report shows that the country with the most YouTube content audiences is India, accounting for over 467 million.
While the United States ranked second, with a 247 million audience.
Below are the countries with the most YouTube Content Audiences as of January 2022:
- There are approximately 467 million YouTube users in India
- There are approximately 247 million YouTube users in the United States
- There are approximately 139 million YouTube users in Indonesia
- There are approximately 138 million YouTube users in Brazil
- There are approximately 106 million YouTube users in Russia
- There are approximately 102 million YouTube users in Japan
- There are approximately 80.6 million YouTube users in Mexico
- There are approximately 72.6 million YouTube users in Germany
- There are approximately 71.7 million YouTube users in Pakistan
- There are approximately 62.5 million YouTube users in Vietnam
How Do YouTube Content Creators Earn Money on YouTube?
Content creators with at least 1,000 subscribers can join the YouTube Partner Program to start making money from the advertisements on the platform.
Content creators can earn advertisement revenue of approximately 55% when they monetize their YouTube channels.
Here are some of the guidelines to successfully join the YouTube Partner Program:
- Content creators must be 18 years old and above to handle the payments via AdSense. Otherwise, ask for a legal guardian aged 18 years old and above to handle the payments
- Content creators must live in a place where the YouTube Partner Program is allowed
- YouTube channel must have at least 1,000 subscribers and more than 4,000 watched hours within a year
- Content creators must connect their AdSense account with YouTube
- Follow YouTube’s community guidelines, comply with the program’s policies, and do not violate the spam policies.
Ways How to Get More YouTube Subscribers
Content creators focus on their target audience. Each video they post needs to catch the viewers’ interest.
In this way, more people will automatically subscribe to their YouTube channel.
Let’s take a look at the ways to get the first thousand YouTube subscribers:
- Pick a specific niche and stick with it
- Optimize the title, tags, and description of every video
- Identify important keywords
- Create subtitles for your videos
- Make sure you have interesting topics
- Ask people to subscribe to your channel
- Share and advertise your channel and videos on other social media platforms
YouTube is one of the best video-sharing platforms worldwide.
It is the source of information and entertainment for approximately 122 million daily active users.
About 500 hours of YouTube videos are posted every minute, and 5 billion videos are watched daily.
Content creators can earn around $50,000 annually.
Roughly 2 million full-time content creators earn six-figure salaries by uploading daily content on various platforms including YouTube, Instagram, and Twitch.
Thank you for reading our article on how many content creators are on YouTube in 2023.
|Tim Queen||Influencer Marketing Hub||Tim Queen|
|Tim Queen||Tim Queen||Zippia|