Quick Answer 🔍How many Apple Watches have been sold in 2022?
Total Apple Watch sales are expected to hit 140 million in 2022.
For those who want to know Apple Watch sales in 2022, this article is for you.
Apple continuously produces innovative devices such as iPhone, Mac, iPad, Apple Watch, Apple TV, AirPods, and other accessories.
This is one of the reasons why people love Apple products.
Aside from producing innovative models and series of every device per year, Apple products have premium designs and styles, easy-to-use interfaces, and are long-lasting.
In the latest report, Apple is the leading health and fitness wearable vendor.
It establishes a strong presence in the wearable market and dominates the market share of wearables shipments in the 4th quarter of 2021 with almost 35% of the total market share.
It shipped approximately 34.9 million units in Q4 2021.
How Many Apple Watches Have Been Sold in 2022?
How many Apple Watches have been sold? Apple Watch was acknowledged as the market leader for smartwatches.
In 2017, about 16 million Apple Watch units were sold worldwide with a growth of approximately 60% year-over-year.
It dominates other smartwatches, leaving the Android smartwatch with almost 5 million units sold.
Apple vs the Smartwatch Industry
According to a study, there are more or less 71 million smartwatches sold in 2019 and is expected to reach 140 million in 2022.
Smartwatch sales are projected to hit approximately $29 billion, equivalent to around 243 million units shipped in 2022.
Currently, Apple Watch is in its eighth generation and it gains new features in every series.
The Apple Watch Series 7 was recognized as the world’s most popular and best-selling smartwatch in Q1 2022.
To date, there are more than 100 million Apple Watch users around the world.
Global Smartwatch Shipments
Apple remains to be the top brand in the smartwatch industry when it comes to shipment and sold units.
Global smartwatch shipments are expected to exceed 113 million units in 2022, and out of this figure, 46.9 million accounts for Apple Watch units.
Here is a comparison of Apple and Samsung’s global smartwatch unit shipment share from Q1 2021 to Q1 2022:
- In Q1 2021, Apple accounts for about 36% of the global smartwatch unit shipment share while Samsung accounts for 8% of the global smartwatch unit shipment share, bringing a 28% difference
- In Q2 2021, Apple accounts for about 31% of the global smartwatch unit shipment share while Samsung accounts for 7% of the global smartwatch unit shipment share, bringing a 24% difference
- In Q3 2021, Apple accounts for about 23% of the global smartwatch unit shipment share while Samsung accounts for 14% of the global smartwatch unit shipment share, bringing a 9% difference
- In Q4 2021, Apple accounts for about 38% of the global smartwatch unit shipment share while Samsung accounts for 10% of the global smartwatch unit shipment share, bringing a 28% difference
- In Q1 2022, Apple accounts for about 36% of the global smartwatch unit shipment share while Samsung accounts for 10% of the global smartwatch unit shipment share, bringing a 26% difference
Apple Watch in the US Market
Based on the latest report, wearables of Apple dominate the market. It sells more than three times as many units as its nearest competitor.
Apple’s market share is the largest market share among vendors in the United States.
This country was recorded to have the highest concentration of Apple Stores. It accounts for approximately 40% of Apple’s net sales.
America is the largest regional market for Apple, accounting for $37.47 billion in net sales in Q3 2022, followed by Europe and Greater China.
Below are the most popular smartwatch or fitness tracker brands in the US in 2021 according to 6,000 US adults ages 18 to 64 years old:
- 46% had an Apple Watch
- 38% had a Fitbit Watch
- 16% had a Samsung Watch
- 8% had a Garmin Watch
- 7% had an LG Watch
- 5% had a Huawei Watch
Apple Watch Sales by Year
Apple Watch led the market share in the smartwatch industry with more than 51% market share in 2021.
It recorded a 243% growth in wearable, home, and accessories.
Apple Watch contributed an estimated amount of $12 billion to $14 billion per year. There was a also huge growth in annual sales from 2015 until 2021.
Below are the annual sales of the Apple Watch from 2015 to 2021:
- In 2015, Apple Watch’s annual sales reached approximately 8.3 million
- In 2016, Apple Watch’s annual sales reached approximately 11.9 million
- In 2017, Apple Watch’s annual sales reached approximately 12.8 million
- In 2018, Apple Watch’s annual sales reached approximately 22.5 million
- In 2019, Apple Watch’s annual sales reached approximately 30.7 million
- In 2020, Apple Watch’s annual sales reached approximately 43.1 million
- In 2021, Apple Watch’s annual sales reached approximately 46.1 million
Top 5 Most Sold Smartwatches in Q1 2022
Apple Watches are the best-selling smartwatches around the world, bringing the brand’s market share to around 51.2% in the first quarter of 2022.
Here are the top 5 most-sold smartwatches in Q1 2022:
- Apple Watch Series 7
- Apple Watch SE
- Galaxy Watch 4
- Galaxy Watch 4 Classic
- Apple Watch Series 3
Apple watch is designed to make its users connected, active, and motivated. Some users even pair it with a specialised VPN for Apple Watch.
More parents purchase Apple Watch to track, message, and call their kids without buying an iPhone.
Aside from this, it has advanced health and fitness tracking features, car crash detection, and temperature sensing.
There are approximately 127.5 million smartwatch units shipped worldwide in 2021, and the largest market share of these global smartwatch shipments by the vendors is Apple with 30.1%.
This accounts for 3 out of 10 smartwatches shipped around the world.
Thanks for reading our article about how many Apple Watches have been sold in 2022.