Quick Answer 🔍How many subscribers does Apple TV have in 2023?
Apple TV has 25 million paid subscribers.
How many subscribers does Apple TV have?
In recent years, streaming platforms recorded a significant jump in video-on-demand services.
This results in an increase in subscribers and users. One good example of these streaming platforms is Apple TV.
Apple TV is one of the services of Apple Inc. It is a digital streaming media player plugged into high-definition television through HDMI, allowing its users to stream movies and shows.
Users can stream Apple TV+ original programs, shows, and live sports on Apple TV.
How Many Subscribers Does Apple TV Have in 2023?
Apple Inc. is a very influential technology company worldwide.
One of the services among its product line is Apple TV. This service is a streaming media player to be connected to high-definition televisions.
Apple TV has two different editions, the Apple TV HD with full HD resolution and Apple TV 4K with ultra HD resolution.
Users can stream Apple’s original shows, movies, and live events on the Apple TV+ inside the Apple TV app.
Apple TV had approximately 25 million paid subscribers in the first quarter of 2022.
About 50 million users around the world had free access to the subscription video on demand (SVOD) service through promotions.
This access is free for a year using newly purchased Apple devices including iPhone, iPad, and MacBook.
Apple TV by Generation
According to a survey in the US, Apple TV Plus’ current subscribers are mostly from Gen Z accounting for 11%, followed by Millenials accounting for 10%.
However, the majority, or more than 60% of the respondents have heard of Apple TV Plus but never subscribed to it.
Products and Services of Apple
Apple launched desktop computers, iTunes, iPod, iPhone, iPad, MacBook laptops, Apple Watch, AirPods, and HomePods.
Among these products, iPhone brings the highest net sales accounting for $192 billion in 2021, up by more than $54 billion in the previous year.
Apple also offers various services within its product lines such as Apple TV+, Apple Music, Apple News+, Apple Arcade, Apple Fitness, Apple Podcasts, Apple Card, and iCloud+.
These services bring $68.4 billion in revenue in 2021, up by around $53.8 billion from the previous year.
Apple TV 4K and Apple TV HD Costs
Apple TV 4K comes with Siri Remote, Dolby Vision, 4K high frame rate HDR, Power Cord, and Lightning to USB Cable.
It offers easy access to the best movies, shows, live TV, and sports. While Apple TV HD comes with Siri Remote, Power Cord, and Lightning to USB Cable.
Interested in buying Apple TV 4K or HD? Here are their prices:
- Apple TV 4K 32GB is priced at $179 or $29.83 per month for 6 months
- Apple TV 4K 64GB is priced at $199 or $33.16 per month for 6 months
- Apple TV HD 32GB is priced at $149 or $24.83 per month for 6 months
Apple TV Plus Subscription Plan
Apple’s streaming service known as Apple TV+ is free for 3 months once the user purchased an Apple device and redeemed it within 90 days.
The “Monthly Subscription” costs $4.99 per month after a 7-day free trial.
While the “Individual Bundle Apple TV” costs $14.95 per month, the “Family Bundle Apple TV” at $19.95 per month, and the “Premier Bundle Apple TV” at $29.95 per month.
It was reported recently that Apple TV+ is growing slowly. It reaches 6% of the market share of streaming service platforms in the United States in 2022 compared to 5% in the previous months.
This led to Apple TV+’s sixth position in the market share ranking for US streaming platforms.
Apple TV Revenue
Apple has recorded $97.3 billion in revenue as of March 2022, up by 9% year-over-year.
According to the company’s third-quarter report, it generated about $83 billion in revenue as of June 2022, up by 2% year-over-year.
The company believed that Apple’s streaming service has an impact on the company’s revenue.
Having approximately 25 million paid subscribers, Apple TV+ is expected to generate an estimated revenue of $1 billion to $2 billion by the end of the year.
Reasons to Buy Apple TV
Here are some of the reasons why Apple TV is worth buying:
- Apple TV gives its users privacy and peace of mind since this hardware protects information rigorously
- Apple TV gives its users the best HomeKit and Dolby Atmos experience
- Apple TV allows its users to play original games through Apple Arcade, as well as use Apple TV Siri Remote
- Apple TV allows its users to switch up to 6 different profiles
How to Watch on Apple TV?
Wondering how to watch films, movies, series, TV shows, and sports events on Apple TV?
Use Apple TV+ to get access to exclusive shows, award-winning films, documentaries, and Apple Originals.
Users may also check “Sports” to access live sports events easily. Browsing the “Store” allows users to buy or rent movies and TV episodes.
Follow these easy steps to watch on Apple TV:
- Open the “Apple TV” app on the home screen
- Navigate the pointer to “Watch Now” to start streaming
- Check the “Up Next” row to display the added movie list and recently watched content
- Continue scrolling down to view recommended movies including previously searched content
- Click the movie to check the description, rating, and available channels
After choosing any of the preferred content, click it, and do any of these:
- Play the chosen item by clicking the “Play” button
- Subscribe to Apple TV Plus by clicking the “Subscription” button and following the steps on the screen
- Buy or Rent a TV show or movie by selecting the preferred TV show or movie, clicking “Buy” or “Rent”, and confirming it
- Buy a TV episode by selecting a TV show episode, clicking “Buy”, and confirming it
The Apple TV app is available in more than 100 countries, giving access to over 100,000 movies and shows, and 150 video apps.
Users can also stream live sports events, exclusive films, and Apple originals on Apple TV+.
This streaming service on Apple TV was mostly used by Gen Z among all age groups in the US.
Apple TV+ is giving a free trial to all newly-purchased Apple devices like iPhone and iPad to promote the service and encourage the users to continue the subscription plan.
Thanks for reading our article on how many subscribers does Apple TV have in 2023.