In a hurry?
The best VPN for Popcorn Time in 2023, as found in our independent testing, is NordVPN!
The internet is a wonderful thing that most of us have come to use on a daily basis. It’s useful for a wide range of things including banking, shopping, getting the news, and of course, watching your favorite flicks.
But, can you really trust that everything you’re looking at is kept for your eyes only?
One way to protect your online privacy is through the use of a Virtual Private Network (VPN). In a nutshell, a VPN will create an encrypted connection between you and a remote server that’s run by a VPN service.
Anything you look at on the internet will then be directed through this secure channel, kept hidden from any potentially prying eyes.
Not even your internet service (ISP) can see what you’re looking at when using a VPN.
So, now that we’ve cleared that up, let’s move on to check out the best VPN for Popcorn Time in 2023.
Best VPN for Popcorn Time in 2023
Here’s a quick look at the best VPN for Popcorn Time:
The best VPN for Popcorn Time is NordVPN. With its initial release back in 2012, NordVPN has had a while to strengthen both its brand and its infrastructure.
As of now, the NordVPN network consists of more than 5,400 servers in 59 countries across the world.
So, what’s so great about NordVPN, you may wonder? The first thing that springs to mind with this VPN is speed.
- NordVPN is the industry leader (by a long way)
- 30-day risk-free trial
- Superfast speeds
- 5,442+ servers in 60+ countries
- Strict no-logs policy
- Next-generation military-grade encryption
- DoubleVPN, double privacy
- 6 simultaneous device connections
- Great for: Safety, security, anonymity & peace of mind
- Compatible with: Windows, Mac, Android, iPhone, iPad & iOS, Linux, routers, Apple TV, FireFox, Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge, and more
Everyone knows that things get a little slower when using a VPN. But with NordVPN’s expansive network, you will hardly notice any difference.
In addition to offering faster browsing speeds with fewer interruptions, they also have a plethora of other great features to make use of.
Check these out:
- NordLynx – this is the default protocol that you’ll find in the NordLynx app, and is what will give you faster streaming. You can still opt to use their older protocols OpenVPN and IKEv2 if you prefer, as these too are both secure, but they’re nowhere near as rapid.
- CyberSec protection – a pretty new addition to the NordVPN app, CyberSec is there to block any unwanted ads, malware, and phishing threats. While most people have some kind of projection for this already on their computer, an extra layer of security never hurts.
- Dark Web Monitor – another fairly new upgrade to the NordVPN app, the Dark Web Monitor is a fantastic feature that lets you know if any of your online accounts have been hacked. It’s similar to that Surfshark’s HackLock, and works by scanning cybercrime forums for sets of email addresses, usernames, and passwords that have recently come under attack and will send you alert if it finds a match with your data.
- WifiSec – with this in feature activated, a VPN connection will automatically be initiated whenever you join up to a new wifi network.
Now we come to pricing. NordVPN is one of the pricier VPN’s out there. But, it’s spent a long time building the reputation that it has, and to be honest, it’s worth the extra.
As with Surfshark, NordVPN offers its users 3 different subscription packages to choose from:
- 1 month @ $11.95/month
- 12 months @ $4.92/month
- 24 months @ $3.71/month
There’s a super-strong infrastructure in place, plenty of useful features, and a great round-the-clock customer support team.
And with more than 14 million users to date, the proof really is in the pudding as to how good its service really is.
Surfshark is an award-winning VPN for Popcorn Time service that not only offers users a wide range of features (many of which aren’t seen anywhere else), it also allows users to connect to an unlimited number of devices simultaneously.
Having been around a while, the company now has a number of servers all over the world, with several in the US alone.
There are many different things that make Surfshark a popular choice when it comes to Popcorn Time VPNs.
- Surfshark is the best budget VPN
- 30-day risk-free trial
- Strict no-logs policy
- 3200+ servers in 95 countries
- Unlimited simultaneous device connections
- Great for: private browsing on a budget
- Compatible with: Windows, Mac, Android, iPhone & iOS, Linux, FireFox, Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge, and more
One aspect that’s pretty good is that, unlike some VPNs that can literally half your internet speed, Surfshark only cuts it by about 10% on average, making it the perfect product to use while streaming all your favorite movies.
Here are some of its USPs:
- Whitelister – this little tool is used when you want to create a split channel, meaning that only those apps and websites you select will connect via the VPN. This is a really useful feature to have at hand as some sites do block access if going in via a VPN. With Whitelister, you can pick and choose as you please and your viewing need never be disrupted.
- Multi-hop – another cool feature you don’t see in many other VPNs. Multi-hop gives you enhanced security by creating one connection from your computer to one VPN server, then diverting all the traffic to a second VPN server.
- CleanWeb – if ever you’ve been annoyed by unwanted ad pop-ups, this is a feature you will love. CleanWeb works by blocking malicious ads and websites before they have a chance to load, and it’s included as part of every subscription model.
- HackLock – this is one of Surfshark’s newest added features and what it does is it keeps a careful watch over your email addresses. If ever they appear on a stolen identity list or a website is hacked, you’ll be sent an alert letting you know.
- BlindSearch – another new feature, BlindSearch is just what it says it is – a search engine that’s completely private. No searches get logged, and it’s ad-free.
So, now that you have a better idea as to what it can do, let’s talk about cost. Surfshark offers 3 subscription plans currently:
- 1 month @ $11.95/month
- 12 months @ $5.99/month
- 24 months @ $1.99/month
They also offer a 7-day free trial and 30-day money-back guarantee. Now, you can’t say fairer than that!
As you can see, it’s got some pretty cool features that will keep your browsing history private and your data safe. And, it’s not too expensive either.
In fact, if you opt for the 24-month plan, you’re unlikely to find a better deal anywhere.
ExpressVPN is another top recommendation when it comes to deciding what VPN for Popcorn Time is worth using. Launched in 2009, the company now runs more than 3000 servers in 160 locations across the world.
There are many aspects that make this VPN so likable, one of which is the consistently high download speeds that it offers.
But then with so many operating servers, that’s of no real surprise. Here are some of the other great features it has to offer:
- Split Tunneling – with this feature, you are in control of what data is passed through the VPN and what doesn’t. This is especially useful when visiting streaming sites that block access from VPNs.
- Speed Test Tool – using this tool, you can see with your own eyes just how fast this VPN is. Average speeds reported are around 135 Mbps, thanks to the Lightway protocol. This is rapid and extremely useful for anyone streaming movies or gaming online. To give a comparison to what else is out there, NordVPN has an average speed of around 115 Mbps, while Surfshark is only around 71 Mbps.
- User-Friendly – not all VPN apps are easy to understand or operate. Thankfully, ExpressVPN isn’t one of them. Everything on this app is clear and easy to find. It’s simple to install, and you don’t need to be any kind of computer whizz to operate it. And, there is a really helpful 24/7 support team should you need any help or have any questions.
The pricing structure ExpressVPN offer is listed here:
- 1 month @ $12.95/month
- 6 month @ $9.99/month
- 12 months @ $6.67/month
You may notice that it’s definitely one of the pricier VPNs out there. Saying that they do usually have some kind of special offer going, so it’s worth a quick search on the web before you make any payment.
But, it’s not a huge amount more than others are asking, and there is a 6-month plan, which you don’t see much.
It may not be the most technologically advanced app on the list, but, if you’re looking for a fast, secure, reliable Popcorn Time VPN, then ExpressVPN is a good choice.
If you’re looking for a modern, feature-full, highly configurable VPN for Popcorn Time, then be sure to check out IPVanish.
While it originally launched with just 32 servers back in 2012, the network now boasts more than 1500 across 75+ locations and is one of the only companies in the world that manages its own servers as opposed to renting other people’s.
Aside from the infrastructure, This VPN for Popcorn Time is very appealing for several reasons.
Let’s take a look at some of those in more detail:
- Better Controllability – when it comes to your OpenVPN setup, this VPN allows you a much greater level of control than most of its competitors. Not only can you choose which port and protocol to use, select the ‘Scramble OpenVPN Traffic’ option, and the chances of you being detected in any anti-VPN countries such as China (see VPN for China) or Iran (see VPN for Iran) are reduced significantly.
- More Functionality – the IPVanish app offers a lot more functionality than many other VPNs out there. As soon as you open the Quick Connect panel you’ll get a feel for just how much you can do with this app. It displays the protocol, server name, time connected, and loads more. You even get a real-time graph that displays your upload/download speeds.
- Unlimited Connections – with this VPN you can connect to as many devices as you like and configure each one individually.
- SugarSync – an add-on to the standard VPN service. SugarSync gives you 500GB of cloud storage to make use of alongside your VPN, which is ideal for anyone who streams movies to watch later on. It works well and can be obtained at a massive discount when purchased alongside IPVanish.
So, let’s talk about cost.
There are two levels of price plan available through IPVanish, depending on whether you want SugarSync or not.
Here’s what you’ll pay with it:
- $12.99 per month (on a monthly plan)
- $4.58 per month for the first year ($54.99 in total)
And here’s the price without it:
- $10.99 per month (on a monthly plan)
- $3.75 per month for the first year ($44.99 in total)
As you can see, there isn’t really much in it, so if you do have a need for web storage, then you may as well make the most of SugarSync.
While it may be a little more complex than some of the other VPNs available on the market, IPVanish is reliable, pretty well priced, and packed full of useful features.
If you’re not scared to get stuck into a little tech, you’ll get great value from this app.
Using a VPN for Popcorn Time
Popcorn Time is a BitTorrent streaming app that was released back in 2014. It’s an alternative to Netflix and has become extremely popular over the past few years.
With this app you can download and watch pretty much any movie you want for free, knowing that it will be a good quality torrent.
The way in which Popcorn Time works is through peer-to-peer streaming, meaning that it’s downloaded from a number of different peers connected to the service.
Using a VPN for Popcorn Time is a given. While downloading and using Popcorn Time in itself is perfectly legal, not every country finds peer-to-peer streaming acceptable.
If you use a VPN, your real IP address is masked, giving you much greater security and peace of mind that what you are watching remains private.
In Summary, the best VPNs in 2023 are;
|Rating||VPN Service||Get Offer|
|#1 Top Rated#1||NordVPN - #1 VPN in the industry||FREE Trial|
|#2 Top Rated#2||Surfshark - top budget VPN||Start Now|
|#3 Top Rated#3||Atlas VPN - best free VPN||Start Now|
Whether you’re at home, work, or any other public place logging into the internet, it’s a good idea to use a VPN.
And, definitely when using streaming services such as Popcorn Time.
We hope now, having read this, you’ll have a good idea as to which is the best VPN for Popcorn Time in 2023 to suit your needs and can continue watching all your favorite flicks with the peace of mind that your privacy is being protected.