BEST VPN SERVICES
GET IT FREE
In a hurry?
The best VPN for Clash of Clans in 2023, as found in our independent testing, is NordVPN!
Are you a Clash of Clans (CoC) fan?
So are 76 million other daily active players.
Many of them reside in your region, playing on the same servers.
No wonder your connection drops or lags at the most crucial moment. The local servers can only take so much.
Then, your ISP throttles your traffic to save bandwidth.
You can solve all these issues and gain added security features if you get the best VPN.
In fact, we will help you choose the three best ones for 2023.
Best VPN for Clash of Clans in 2023
The best 3 VPNs for Clash of Clans will serve you in terms of security, server locations, and speed.
Especially the 3 VPNs we have selected after testing many, which are:
NordVPN meets and surpasses all the requirements to become the best VPN for Clash of Clans.
You can access over 5000 servers in 60 countries with severe optimization facilities.
For one, you can feed NordVPN your reason for using the security service.
In return, the system will generate the best server according to location, protocol, and server specialty.
- NordVPN is the industry leader (by a long way)
- 30-day risk-free trial
- Superfast speeds
- 5,442+ servers in 60+ countries
- Strict no-logs policy
- Next-generation military-grade encryption
- DoubleVPN, double privacy
- 6 simultaneous device connections
- Great for: Safety, security, anonymity & peace of mind
- Compatible with: Windows, Mac, Android, iPhone, iPad & iOS, Linux, routers, Apple TV, FireFox, Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge, and more
NordVPN averages over 400 Mbps on USA servers– according to the independent ping test audit from AV-TEST.
It also has its in-house protocol, NordLynx, based on the WireGuard.
Other impressive NordVPN features include:
- Kill Switch if your connection falls, and you risk staying logged in to CoC unprotected.
- AES-256 bit military-grade encryption, so your data is so scattered that even the most accomplished hacker cannot assemble it.
- No-logs policy which especially protects you when you access Clash of Clans from a blocked region.
- Double VPN, where traffic is encrypted through two servers, increases your protection level.
- DNS leak test to confirm your online traffic has not been compromised.
- Split tunneling to divide the game load between VPN and non-VPN apps.
Other extra security measures include Obsfucated servers, which are RAM-only servers.
If someone were to find these servers, they would still be unable to access the data.
You can use NordVPN on six devices from a single account. It also monitors the dark web for any information leaks.
Then, the Dedicated IP address option is available to avoid suspicion from VPN-detecting apps.
In-game support also includes ad blocking and web trackers.
If you feel you are not getting value for money from the VPN service, you can demand a refund at the end of the 30-day trial period.
Next on our list, we have Surfshark, which is a name that naturally comes up when discussing VPN services.
It offers fair pricing and a range of high-level features on an unaccountable number of devices.
Deloitte has independently audited the application and concluded that Surfshark is truthful about its promise of no-logging activities.
Further confirmed by the Obsfucated, RAM-only servers.
- Surfshark is the best budget VPN
- 30-day risk-free trial
- Strict no-logs policy
- 3200+ servers in 95 countries
- Unlimited simultaneous device connections
- Great for: private browsing on a budget
- Compatible with: Windows, Mac, Android, iPhone & iOS, Linux, FireFox, Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge, and more
It is one of the speediest tools, as attested by PCMag, TechRadar, CNet, etc.
You have the choice between protocols such as:
- OpenVPN UDP / TCP
Surfshark is also one of the best VPNs for Clash of Clans because:
- It has strong AES 256 GCM encryption available.
- Provides Private DNS and leak tests
- Comes with a Kill Switch
- IP rotator, which flips between two IP addresses every ten minutes.
- MultiHop, where your connection traffic passes through two servers.
- Bypasser so you can customize which apps should be under VPN protection.
What is even more surprising is that Surfshark is available in 100 countries, running over 3200 servers.
Surfshark also has cookie tracking and web ad blocking features, though it only applies to the extension.
You can pair the VPN with other Surfshark products, such as Surfshark Antivirus, Alert, and Search.
The Incogni is one of the most innovative offerings of a VPN service.
It scours the web for data breaches and asks data brokers to remove your information on your behalf.
Assuming you want to try Surfshark, you can rely on their 24/7 customer service to walk you through the setup steps.
3. Atlas VPN
It is rare for a VPN service released in 2019 to get its name to appear on Forbes, CNet, TechCrunch, and TechRadar.
But it is the case for Atlas VPN. Even Nord Security got curious about the security service, leading to the purchase of Atlas VPN.
However, Atlas VPN maintains its independent operation with remarkably competitive subscription costs and a mindblowing free plan.
- Atlas VPN is the best free VPN
- Privacy Pro servers
- 750 servers in 40+ locations
- Unlimited simultaneous device connections
- Great for: people seeking a freemium VPN
- Compatible with: Windows, MacOS, Android, iPhone & iOS, Android TV, Fire TV Stick
Now, you cannot play Clash of Clans on the free Atlas VPN plan, as it does not support streaming.
Still, you have a 2 GB data cap, under which you get access to their:
- 256 AES Military encryption
- Kill Switch
- WireGuard protocol
- IPSec/IKEv2 protocol
- Private DNS
- P2P servers
Those with a premium subscription get SafeSwap and streaming servers.
In other words, you can swap your location every five to ten minutes to keep yourself as anonymous as possible.
Although, we would not recommend turning on this feature while playing Clash of Clans.
SafeBrowse is there, so in-game ads, malware, and other trackers on the game chat cannot infiltrate your phone.
Of course, we cannot ignore split tunneling, which will help you assign Atlas VPN to Clash of Clans and your regular network to Facebook.
The MultiHop feature allows super encryption by tunneling your network through two servers before hitting the internet.
The data breach monitor is another exciting element. Atlas VPN will alert you if someone leaks your information on the internet.
You can be the first one on the scene to wipe it clean before other malicious parties get access.
At present, Atlas VPN offers over 750 servers in 45 locations.
It continues to add more locations and servers while allowing you unfiltered access on countless devices.
It removes bandwidth limits by optimizing the streaming and gaming servers, especially paying heed to your concern about slower speed due to a VPN.
If this appeals to you, sign up for their 30-day free trial.
You will have 24/7 customer support and can demand money back at the end of the test period if it fails to meet your expectations.
You can also find Atlas VPN apps for all device types, even divided into android and iOS support.
Why Should You Get Only the Best VPN
You do not think you need VPN for a mobile-strategy game. But you do, and we will tell you why.
- Get around ISP throttling: CoC requires lots of data use, so it would not be unusual for your ISP to throttle your internet speed. VPNs can bypass these measures with a simple change of location and server.
- No more lagging: Clash of Clans servers is overcrowded due to the game’s popularity, especially in the US. You can choose lesser-known locations and servers to play, significantly reducing the lag.
- Beat account ban: You might get an account ban from Clash of Clans if you break any game rules or try to cheat your way into advancing. Changing your location with the use of a VPN can allow you to create a new account and say goodbye to the ban.
- Play from a restricted area: Clash of Clans is unavailable in specific countries like Belarus. If you are in any of these locations, you can use the encrypted VPN connection to play the game without alerting Supercell or your respective government. However, it is better not to use VPN for this when the game is banned in your area.
- General security: Beyond any other reason, accessing the internet with a VPN is smart. Encryption and ad blockers keep hackers out of your personal information.
- Avoid DDoS attacks: Passionate gamers can be competitive to the point of strategizing distributed denial of service (DDoS) attacks on rival players. Well, trolls cannot attack you if they cannot find your true traffic location, can they?
How to Setup a VPN with Clash of Clans?
If you are an old Clash of Clans player, we recommend scraping your previous account and clearing your phone cache before downloading a VPN.
Once you do this, maintain the following steps:
- Download a VPN service ( we prefer NordVPN) from the Play Store or App Store. You can also get it straight from the official website.
- Run the app.
- Subscribe to a plan or grab a free trial.
- Connect to a location with favorable gaming servers.
- Choose a fast and secure protocol such as WireGuard, OpenVPN, or IKEv2.
- Launch Clash of Clans to check if it is operating smoothly.
Now, when you choose a location, stick to it. Do not change your IP address frequently while playing the game.
Before logging in to the game, ensure you are connected to the exact location as the first time after turning on the VPN.
Otherwise, your account can appear suspicious to Supercell.
Where is Clash of Clans Banned?
Clash of Clans is blocked in Iran, Vietnam, Russia, and Belarus.
The Iranian government banned the game due to fear of protestors organizing events via the chat window.
Supercell opted out of Russia and Belarus of their own accord due to the ongoing Ukrainian war.
As for Vietnam, the constant regulations made them remove the game.
For example, Vietnam demands that people cannot play online games after 10 pm.
Vietnam also does not look favorably towards games containing violent plots and profanity.
People from these countries can play Clash of Clans with a VPN.
However, if you use one from a restricted region, you may be unable to recover your account if you forget your password.
With no VPN support in Clash of Clans, conflicting IP addresses can cause glitches during the account recovery.
You also stand the chance of getting banned by Supercell if they detect your actual IP address.
VPNs like NordVPN, which provide dedicated IP addresses, can solve this issue, as it makes your fake location appear real to the Clash of Clan developers.
Which Country Plays Clash of Clans the Most?
Clash of Clans enjoys major popularity in the United States, Turkey, China, Germany, and Russia- in the order listed.
The game is only available on smartphones, though some play it on their PC and iPad through emulator software.
Can I Play Clash of Clans While Using a Free VPN?
You can start a round of Clash of Clans with a free VPN, but we doubt you will be able to finish it. Free servers cannot maintain the load of a high-quality graphic game.
They tend to be slow, laggy, and often unencrypted proxies rather than proper VPNs. You will also miss out on 4K visuals.
Free VPNs also sell your data and litter the app with ads to compensate for the loss of money from their costless service.
Can I Get Banned for Playing Clash of Clans with A VPN?
No, Clash of Clans does not have VPN support, but using one is not against its terms of service.
In other words, you may face issues during account recovery, but they won’t ban you for location spoofing.
Unless your IP address exhibits a location where the game is restricted (Iran, Vietnam, and Belarus), the developers have no reason to suspend you for using a VPN.
If developers notice you are changing your IP address regularly to collect free gems from fake accounts, that is another ground for suspension.
In Summary, the best VPNs in 2023 are;
|Rating||VPN Service||Get Offer|
|#1 Top Rated#1||NordVPN - #1 VPN in the industry||FREE Trial|
|#2 Top Rated#2||Surfshark - top budget VPN||Start Now|
|#3 Top Rated#3||Atlas VPN - best free VPN||Start Now|
When you get a VPN for Clash of Clans, you secure smooth gameplay with no lags and safety from DDoS attacks.
Plus, think about all the secrets your phone is privy to.
Does it not make sense to airtight your messages from hackers and malicious data collectors?
You don’t have to worry about it with NordVPN on your mobile.
You can assign yourself a new location for Clash of Clans, and if it does not work out, the 30-day money-back guarantee is always there.
So, sign up for NordVPN and get ahead of everyone else on CoC.