Proxy networks have become a necessity these days. But a lot of people don’t know that they have a choice between two options when selecting a proxy network; datacenter and residential proxies.
When you need to use a proxy network for your business, the residential option is the best. Most websites can figure out that you are using a proxy network when your IP address traces back to a datacenter and blocks you.
However, with residential proxies, you don’t have to worry about being restricted to access a website.
Residential proxies are a must for businesses nowadays as global businesses cannot survive without the help of such networks. However, a bad residential proxy is like not having the support of the service at all.
So, it is important that companies make the right choice when selecting a residential proxy provider.
What Happens When You Use a Residential Proxy?
When you send thousands of requests to a website, you can get blocked. The solution is simple and that is to use a residential proxy. So what exactly can a residential proxy do?
When you use a residential proxy, all of your web requests are routed through residential IP addresses. These IP addresses are of real devices and are determined by Internet Service Providers (ISPs).
With a residential proxy, your IP address is hidden behind another one which can be traced to a home or residence. Due to this reason, the web requests are considered legitimate and users don’t get blocked by websites.
With a datacenter proxy, your IP address can be traced back to a corporation which makes websites suspicious of your activity.
Best Residential Proxy Providers
When it comes to proxy providers, there are so many options to choose from that people can get easily confused. But when you know the features of each option, making a choice becomes much easier.
Each residential proxy basically does the same job. However, by comparing the features of different providers, you can find out which one is the best option for you.
This is a list of the best residential proxy providers that will help you make the right decision when you make a purchase.
Formerly known as Luminati Networks, Bright Data is the most popular residential proxy provider. Countless businesses rely on Bright Data for services like brand protection, structured and unstructured data collection, and digital ad monitoring.
Bright Data can also help you with evading IP blockage and captchas.
There are many reasons why Bright Data is the favorite proxy provider of various Fortune 500 companies. Due to the legitimacy of the IP addresses, the proxy network is secure and businesses don’t have to worry about blockages.
The one factor that separates Bright Data from other proxy providers is that it has sought consent from the users of the IP addresses that it provides to businesses.
How does Bright Data accomplish this? With the help of Hola VPN, which is given for free by the company to internet users. People have to consent to sharing their IP addresses with businesses if they want to use Hola VPN.
Bright Data is costly because of all the features it offers.
However, there is a free seven-day trial period, during which you can cancel your plan if you are not satisfied with the service without getting charged for anything.
- Bright Data offers users both static and rotating residential IPs.
- With more than 72 million IPs in the pool, Bright Data has the biggest IP pool.
- Along with data aggregation, businesses can also use Bright Data for email extraction, phone number extraction, web data extraction, image extraction, and price extraction.
- 24/7 live support.
Smart Proxy offers both residential and datacenter proxies, but their residential ones have the best features. Unlike most other residential proxy providers, Smart Proxy focuses solely on providing the best residential IPs to businesses.
Although the speed of Smart Proxy is slow as compared to the other options on this list, the IP rotation keeps you connected to the web and helps evade blockage from websites.
The pricing of Smart Proxy is different from other providers. You can buy a plan that comes with just 5GB if that’s what you need.
However, the price per GB for the smallest plan will be higher than other plans. There is also the option of getting a customized plan according to your needs.
- More than 40 million IP addresses are offered to businesses.
- Rotating residential IPs that make your connection secure.
- Web scrape with no limits.
- SEO analytics for helping your business grow.
Shifter is a backconnect proxy where a server keeps switching you from one residential IP address to the next. It is the best proxy for keeping your identity hidden while you scrape data from websites.
Shifter has over 31 million IP addresses that can keep users safe from getting blocked by websites. The IP address changes every five minutes to offer extra-secure data scraping to businesses.
Once you pick Shifter, the integration will be complete within a couple of minutes so you don’t have to wait to start benefiting from the proxy.
- With Shifter, you can choose any city in the world as your location.
- Provides access to all the websites blocked in your region
- Works well with all the software available in the market
- The proxy comes with a 99.9% uptime so you don’t have to worry about losing connection
OxyLabs has the largest proxy network with more than 100 million IP addresses. Due to the large proxy pool, you can unlock every site in the world regardless of where you live.
The proxies are not only of high quality but also come from legitimate sources.
This company also offers financial rewards and other benefits to individuals in exchange for getting access to their IP addresses.
Unlike other providers that charge for concurrent sessions, OxyLabs do not put a limit to concurrent sessions. You can scrape all the data you want with back-to-back sessions.
Businesses have the option to set a time for IP address change. An IP address change can also be requested randomly.
- OxyLabs offer easy integration with all the popular software.
- Users can manage their proxy easily with the help of a public API.
- OxyLabs users can whitelist IPs and manage their proxy subscription from their dashboard.
- Ad verification that allows businesses to make sure that their ads are suitable for global audiences.
Soax is known for providing high-speed residential and mobile proxies. It offers 8.5 million residential IPs to users.
Even though the IP pool is not as large as other proxy providers, it is reliable. Users can target a country, region, city, and even a provider.
With Soax, people can get full anonymity while browsing the web. There is no limit on sending concurrent session requests. With the provider’s worldwide coverage, you will never find a website blocked.
The Soax proxy can be used by businesses for brand reputation, data extraction, market research, speed testing, ad verification, SEO monitoring, and so much more.
This proxy is compatible with all the modern optimization tools. There are different plans available for mobile and WiFi users.
Soax offers testing at only $1.99 so users can find out whether it is the right choice for them or not.
- The cleanest residential proxy database.
- Automatic IP rotation so you don’t have to worry about changing your IP every 10 minutes.
- Along with monthly plans, weekly and daily plans are also available.
- Exclusive whitelisted IPs so users never run into a blocked website.
Storm Proxies is known for reverse backconnect and dedicated proxies. The reason why many companies turn to Storm Proxies is that it is highly affordable. Their smallest plan is available only for $50 and consists of 10 ports.
The residential proxies offered by Storm Proxies have been optimized for ad verification, market research, brand protection, bulk account registration, and scraping sites.
It also works with traffic bots, email protection, and data verification. Any action that requires different IP addresses can be carried out with the help of these residential proxies.
Storm Proxies have an IP pool of 70,000 residential IP addresses. With rotating IPs, users can easily keep their information secure.
When your IP address keeps rotating, your original IP address and identity remain hidden.
- Rotating residential IP addresses allow users to access any website easily.
- Ideal for almost all types of use cases.
- Optimized to help with business growth through various methods including ad verification, price intelligence, brand reputation, and web scraping.
- Comes with a 24-hour money back guarantee so users can ask for a refund if they are not satisfied with the proxies.
Your Private Proxy is another affordable option for people who need residential proxies. The high speed and reliable proxy network is easy to set up. Your Private Proxy offers dedicated proxies to users.
Whether you want to surf the internet anonymously or manage social media accounts, you can do so with the help of this residential proxy provider. Users get access to a static IP network with Your Private Proxy.
Currently, only two server locations are available that people can choose from. The static residential IP addresses come from Ashburn, VA, and Chicago, IL.
Your Private Proxy is highly secure and you can avail a free trial before making a final decision about the service as well. Regardless of the plan you get, only five devices will be allowed to use Your Private Proxy at a time.
- With the high speed of Your Private Proxy, you won’t have to worry about slow page load times.
- Geo targeting is available but limited to two American cities.
- The proxies can be used for monitoring the online activities of your employees.
- Classified ads can be developed using Your Private Proxy to increase your income.
Proxy-Cheap offers mobile, residential, and datacenter proxies. One of the best things about the residential proxies of this provider is that you are not required to make a monthly monetary commitment.
You have the option of paying per GB and keep your overall costs low.
Proxy-Cheap has 7 million residential IP addresses available for users. With rotating IPs, businesses can enjoy extra security as well. Due to worldwide coverage, you can access any website whenever you want.
Everything from data scraping to ad verification and brand protection to market research is possible with Proxy-Cheap.
There is a wide range of locations available to fulfill all the needs or requirements of your business.
- No monthly commitment required with Proxy-Cheap as users will have to pay per GB.
- Proxy locations of over 127 countries are available.
- Proxy-Cheap dashboard allows users to manage their usage easily.
- Fast speed and boosted privacy let users access any website they want.
This residential proxy provider offers packages for both individuals and businesses. With residential proxies, companies will have the option to choose from residential, static, and geo targeting options.
ProxyRack has a pool of over 5 million residential IP addresses from different countries and cities.
Whether you want to use social media or carry out ad verification, it can be greatly helpful to you.
Brand protection, website testing, and SEO analytics are some benefits that users can take advantage of with ProxyRack. The provider lets users scrap websites with its fast and reliable proxy network.
ProxyRack does not come with a bandwidth limitation and you can access proxies from USA, Canada, Oceania, Asia, and Europe.
- Dedicated social media proxies for both businesses and individuals.
- Along with proxies, ProxyRack also offers amazing VPN services.
- The refund policy is valid for 14 days.
- Supports website testing, ad verification, and market research.
Icedoutproxies offer the smartest and fastest proxies to businesses. The pool of this residential proxy provider contains over a million IP addresses. Users get offered rotating IPs with Icedoutproxies.
This service focuses mainly on sneaker sites, which is why they can avoid IP blockage and help you get the job done.
Although Icedoutproxies is not a popular name in the world of residential proxies, they provide excellent quality services to businesses.
The biggest problem people face with the provider is the lack of information about services and plans.
There is no FAQ page on the website of Icedoutproxies, so if you have a question, you can’t find its answer instantly. There is also no live chat option and the only way people can get information about Icedoutproxies is by contacting the provider through email.
Despite the lack of good customer support, it has proven to be useful in many ways.
Currently, Icedoutproxies has over 11,000 customers which can grow over time as more and more people look for residential proxy providers.
- Rotating residential IP addresses keep your web activity safe.
- The IP pool contains more than 1 million IP addresses.
- Works perfectly with sneaker sites.
- The smallest plan is available for only $10.
Social media management, web scraping, data extraction, and SEO management is easily possible with Netnut.io. Researchers and marketers have benefited greatly from the provider.
All the other residential proxy providers mentioned in this list rely on peer-to-peer networks. But with peer-to-peer networks, disconnection is unavoidable.
In order to prevent this issue of lost connection, Netnut.io sources IP addresses directly from Internet Service Providers.
Once the IP addresses have been sourced, Netnut.io uses a P2P network for scalability boost.
As compared to all the names above, Netnut.io is new in the market of residential proxies. Despite that, the IP pool of the proxy provider has grown to include over 10 million residential IPs.
It offers geo targeting where users can select the country and cities they want to access the internet from.
Another exceptional feature of Netnut.io is its fast speed. You will not only bypass the disconnection problem when using this service but also avoid a lag in speed.
- The rotating IPs are sourced directly from Internet Service Providers to avoid disconnection.
- Netnut.io has a large pool of IPs with over 10 million residential IPs.
- The IP addresses provided by Netnut.io are sourced from different countries and cities so users can avoid location-based bans.
- The provider offers a special plan for users who need 1TB data.
Choosing the best residential proxy provider when there are so many options available may prove to be a difficult task.
However, once you compare the different features of proxy providers, you will be able to find the right option for you. Comparing the prices of each option is also recommended.
Whether you are running a big company or have a small business, a good residential proxy is a must. All the names mentioned in this list can help you with the basic tasks.
You can look through the features and prices of each option closely and then get one that matches your individual needs or that of your business.