Quick Answer 🔍How many subscribers does Netflix have in 2024?
Netflix has 251 million paid subscribers.
Netflix is the most on-demand streaming service in the world.
It allows its users to watch movies, TV shows, and documentaries without ads on a device connected to the internet.
Users can also download movies on different devices including smartphones and laptops, and watch without the internet.
A single Netflix account can be used by up to 5 user profiles and can stream using 4 different devices or screens simultaneously on a premium plan.
How Many Subscribers Does Netflix Have in 2024?
According to stats, there are about 251 million paid Netflix subscribers in the fourth quarter of 2023.
Here is a list of Netflix’s number of paid subscribers from 2018 to Q2 2022:
- Netflix had 139.26 million paid subscribers in 2018
- Netflix had 167.09 million paid subscribers in 2019
- Netflix had 203.66 million paid subscribers in 2020
- Netflix had 221.84 million paid subscribers in 2021
- Netflix had 220.67 million paid subscribers in Q2 2022
How Many People Watch on Netflix?
Netflix is one of the best streaming services worldwide. It has more than 100,000 titles in the streaming library including TV episodes, shows, films, and movies.
There are more than 300 million total Netflix viewers worldwide and approximately 178.5 million Netflix viewers in the United States.
This brings a 2.2% increase compared to the previous year.
Around 81% of the total viewership watch movies on television screens instead of using smartphones.
The most-watched movie of all time is “Red Notice” with 364 million total hours viewed in the first month of release.
Contents on Netflix may vary in every country and change over time.
Who Subscribes on Netflix Most?
Netflix is available in more than 190 countries worldwide. It was reported the region of the United States and Canada are the top subscribers of Netflix.
North America is Netflix’s largest global market while the Asia Pacific is Netflix’s smallest global market in the second quarter of 2022.
Here is a list of the paid streaming subscribers by region in Q2 2022:
- US and Canada account for 73.28 million paid subscribers in Q2 2022
- Europe, the Middle East, and Africa account for 72.97 million paid subscribers in Q2 2022
- Latin America accounts for 39.62 million paid subscribers in Q2 2022
- The Asia Pacific accounts for 34.8 million paid subscribers in Q2 2022
What Ages are Netflix Subscribers?
The target audience of Netflix is the younger generation, mostly teenagers up to working individuals with digital connectivity.
Based on a survey, the core subscribers of Netflix are Generation Z and Millennials.
Around 75% of Netflix subscribers are 18 to 34 years old while 44% of subscribers are 65 years old and above.
The median age of Netflix users is ages between 35 to 44 years old.
In the US, Netflix is 12 times more popular with the younger generation than the Baby Boomers generation.
Approximately 37% of teenagers stream on Netflix every day, and 23% of adults stream on Netflix every day.
Netflix Annual Revenue
Netflix is becoming more successful since it continuously expands its services and distributes award-winning original shows.
According to Netflix’s latest report, the company revenue for Q2 2022 was $7.97 billion, or equal to an 8.56% increase YOY.
Here is Netflix’s annual revenue from 2019 to 2022:
- Netflix made a total of $20.15 billion in revenue in 2019 or equal to a 27.62% increase compared to 2018
- Netflix made a total of $24.99 billion in revenue in 2020 or equal to a 24.01% increase compared to 2019
- Netflix made a total of $29.69 billion in revenue in 2021 or equal to an 18.81% increase compared to 2020
- Netflix made a total of $31.03 billion in revenue as of June 2022 or equal to a 12.49% increase YOY
How to Create an Account on Netflix?
Curious about how to create an account on Netflix? Follow these easy steps:
- On a web browser, visit https://www.netflix.com/signup
- Choose the best plan before creating an account
- Click “Next” to start setting up an account
- Input email and password
- Enter the payment method
Netflix Subscription Plan
Before subscribing to any streaming service, people need to check the best inclusions and benefits. Netflix has an ad-free and watch-all-you-want experience on all its plans.
The “basic plan” is priced at $9.99 per month allowing 1 device to watch unlimited TV shows, movies, and mobile games.
It also offers a “standard plan” priced at $15.99 per month allowing 2 devices used at the same time to watch unlimited HD movies, films, TV shows, and mobile games.
The “premium plan” priced at $19.99 per month allows its users to watch ultra-HD TV shows, movies, films, documentaries, and mobile games simultaneously on 4 different devices.
The account owner will be charged every month for the subscription plan. It is allowed to change or cancel the subscription plan anytime.
This pricing is for its home country, the United States. The monthly subscription fee can change depending on one’s location.
Currently, Netflix has about 251 million subscribers and over 300 million total viewers worldwide.
More than 73 million of those subscribers are from the region of the United States and Canada.
Most of the subscribers and viewers are from the younger generation aged 18 to 34 years old.