Setting up a Kodi IPTV service by yourself is a difficult task, which is why a full guide on how to watch IPTV on Kodi is more than welcome.
Stick for a while and read us to find out exactly how to do this.
Watching IPTV content via Kodi is not rocket science, but it sure does help when you know exactly what you need to do in order to get your favorite TV shows and video content delivered to the screen of your device.
But just in case, let’s cover the basics first, shall we?
Kodi IPTV: What Is IPTV?
IPTV is short for Internet Protocol Television.
In essence, it is the natural evolution of television that parts ways with cable and satellite dishes in favor of delivering the content via the Internet.
Not only is it more practical but it also brings along a couple of key improvements.
The much more flexible medium of delivery allows saving on cable lines and satellite set-top boxes.
No waves, no cables.
Instead, you can get to the content that you would like to watch as simply as by typing in a URL or opening an app on your smart device.
With the Internet, you get more customizability and personalization in the content that you get offered to by the provider.
Also, you can fast forward, rewind, get video on demand, save stuff for watching later, etc.
Put simple, Kodi IPTV streaming is a step into the future of television. Except we get to use it today. Neat!
How to Watch IPTV on Kodi (with PVR IPTV Simple Client)
So, what’s the plan here?
First, we’ll explain how to obtain and install PVR IPTV Simple Client, the default IPTV player for Kodi.
Then we will proceed to configure it and after that you are ready to go!
Let’s get to it!
Step 1: Installing the PVR IPTV Simple Client
So, it begins. Repeat after each step for a quick and easy setup.
- Launch the Kodi app.
- Go to the top-left corner, right below the Kodi logo, and click the Settings gear icon.
- The next page should pop out an option with the label “Add-ons”. Click on it.
- Proceed to click on “Install from repository”.
- Click on “All repositories”.
- Scroll all the way down until you spot “PVR Clients” then select it.
- Scroll down to select “PVR IPTV Simple Client”.
- Now a new dashboard should pop out. Choose “Install”.
- Press “OK”.
- Your Kodi app should now start with downloading the client, so let’s wait for that to complete.
- Upon downloading it should proceed to install automatically.
- Finally, a notification should appear in the top-right corner informing you that the add-on is successfully installed.
- We’re done for now. Yay!
Step 2: Adding an M3U Playlist
Well done! We’ve gone through the steps of installing the PVR IPTV Simple Client for Kodi.
However, we are not finished yet. While the client is installed, it still isn’t configured for streaming.
Let’s do it now!
- Pick up where we left off in the previous step and choose “PVR IPTV Simple Client”.
- In the dashboard of the newly installed addon click on “Configure”.
- Proceed over to the “General” tab.
- In the same tab, scroll down to “M3U playlist URL” and click on it.
- A window with a separate keyboard will now appear. If you have it, type in an M3U playlist of yours (or some from your IPTV service provider) to add it to the app.
- Press the “OK” button.
- Close the app and run it again for the changes to take effect.
- After the app is restarted the PVR IPTV Simple Client should run automatically.
- The PVR add-on that you just installed is going to start importing the channels from the M3U playlist you fed to it. Be patient until all the added channels get loaded.
Step 3: Watch IPTV on Kodi with the PVR IPTV Simple Client
So, shall we get to finally watching the content? Let’s try it!
- When the channels are done loading, go to the “TV” tab in Kodi and click on it.
- After that scroll to the right and select “Channels” among the options.
- You’ll now be able to see the list of every channel from the M3U playlist that you imported. Pick any of these and it should start playing in a second or two.
- Your content will be categorized according to the type or category it belongs to, such as “Sports”, “Movies”, “Auto”, “News”, “Religious”, etc. You can also use the search toolbar in order to quickly find something specific.
After you are done with these three steps, the process of installing and tweaking the PVR IPTV Simple Client should be done and you are ready to grab a bucket of popcorns, get a bottle of soda or a can of beer, turn off the lights, adjust your device, get in a comfortable position and spend anywhere from half an hour to several hours catching up with that TV series that you have been dying to see for weeks now!
“The future of television” perhaps sounds pompous and futuristic and blown out of reality, but what it really boils down to is the natural evolution of informative and entertainment video content.
Why do you have to wait for a certain time of the day to get the content that you want? That is so 20th century!
Video on demand, rewinding, fast forwarding, targeted content, and the freedom to watch anything you want is nothing new – why should we have to act like it’s the future? It is the present and you get to experience it now.
In any case, this was the guide that showed you how to watch IPTV on Kodi.
It is done within minutes, it is a piece of cake, and it unlocks a world of new opportunities.