There may have been many instances where you are following a lot of people on TikTok and your feed is overloaded with posts of people that you do not want to see.
In such cases, it becomes clear that you may have to unfollow some people on the platform.
However, it is not easy to learn how to unfollow everyone on TikTok. One reason here is that the process is very tricky.
In this article, we will look into how to unfollow everyone on TikTok. Some things that you can expect to understand from this article include:
- Learning The Steps To Unfollow A Person On TikTok
- How to Unfollow Everyone on TikTok
- Unfollow By Blocking
What Happens Once You Unfollow Another TikToker?
Before we can get into the gist of this article, let us first look into some basics of TikTok.
Formerly known as Musical.ly, TikTok is a video streaming platform that has more than 100 million users from all parts of the world.
Here, many people make use of the popular dialogue and music options that they can lip-sync to and make entertaining and funny videos.
At TikTok, you will find a wide range of song snippets and sounds that you can use to create your videos.
Additionally, you also have the option to add special filters and effects. You can also add the videos created via some other app on your phone.
TikTok has also added a feature where users can record their reactions to the TikTok videos of other users.
The app also keeps track of your digital well-being by recording how many hours you have spent on TikTok.
In today’s time, TikTok is being promoted as one of the top video-sharing social networks today.
Here, users tend to create a wide range of videos like funny videos, magic tricks, dance videos, and various other challenges.
Now, there are various types of reasons why you would want to unfollow a particular TikTok profile or vice versa.
Let us look into them:
- You have lost interest in the type of content the person posts
- You may not want any unknown person to send you direct messages on the app, which is why you decide to unfollow them
- You are following a lot of people on TikTok, which is the reason why you have started unfollowing others
- You have forgotten why you are following a particular person
- You may find it weird to follow someone that you do not recognize
- You may have followed a person to increase your followers, but you do not want to see their post, which is why you have decided to unfollow them
How to Unfollow Everyone on TikTok
The steps for learning how to unfollow everyone on TikTok are the same for Android and iOS devices.
Let us learn the steps to do so:
Step 1: Start The TikTok Application
The first step here is to start TikTok on your Android and/or iOS device. To do this, you simply need to click on the app, which will open immediately.
Step 2: Tap On The Search Option
At the bottom-left corner of the screen, you should see a magnifying glass icon. This will redirect you to a new page where you will find all the accounts of TikTok that you can unfollow.
Step 3: Look For The Profile You Want To Unfollow
In this step, you need to look for the profiles that you want to unfollow. On the sidebar, you simply need to type in the username of the profile that you want to unfollow.
Step 4: Tap On The Icon
Once you have found the profile that you want to unfollow, you need to head over to their profile. To do this, you need to tap on the icon of the profile.
Step 5: Choose The Unfollow Option
Once you have landed on the page of the profile that you want to unfollow, you need to click on the ‘Following’ button, which is a small person-icon with a checkmark.
Doing so will help you unfollow the profile.
Once done, TikTok will save all the changes that you have made; you simply need to wait until you see the changes in the sign.
Additionally, you will also be glad to know that TikTok will not send any notifications to the profiles that you have unfollowed.
How To Unfollow A Lot Of People In A Single Click
The method we have used above will help you unfollow a single person. What would you do if you wanted to unfollow a lot of people at the same time? Of course, there is always a limitation.
In the case of TikTok, the highest number of people that you can unfollow is anywhere between 100 and 200 accounts per day, with a delay of at least 30 seconds between each unfollow action.
In this section, we will learn how to unfollow everyone on TikTok with a single click.
Step 1: Head Over To Your TikTok Profile
You first need to open the TikTok app. Next, you need to head over to your profile – to do this, tap on your profile, which is located on the lower sidebar on the lower-right corner of the app.
Step 2: Select The Profiles You Want To Unfollow
Once done, you will be able to see a list of people that you want to unfollow. It is suggested that you take time and figure out which profiles you want to unfollow beforehand.
Step 3: Select Unfollow
The next step here is to start unfollowing the profiles that you do not want to follow anymore. All you have to do is tap on the ‘Following’ to unfollow these profiles.
If you feel that the process is taking time, you need to understand that TikTok functions a bit slowly. Hence, you need to allow a gap of a few seconds after unfollowing a TikTok profile.
Unfollow By Blocking The Profiles
Similar to all social media applications, you also have the option to block a person on TikTok.
Once you have blocked a particular member, all the messages, comments, and videos of the blocked user will be hidden. In fact, you will not be able to find the user via the search bar as well.
Now, let us learn how you can block a TikTok profile:
- The first step here is to type in the name of the profile that you want to block. You can either look for them by typing their username in the search bar or clicking on their username in a message or video.
- On the top-right corner of the profile, you should see three lines or dots. Tap on it.
- On the next menu that appears, you need to click on the Block option. Then, you need to confirm the action.
- Once done, all the posts of the blocked person will no longer be visible to you. In short, it will almost be as if you have unfollowed the TikTok profile.
Unblocking A TikTok Profile
Of course, you also have the choice to unblock a TikTok profile that you have previously blocked.
Let us learn how you can do so:
- After you open the TikTok application, you need to click on your Profile icon.
- On the top-right corner of the screen, you will find three lines; tap on this icon and you will be taken to the account settings.
- Click on Privacy; next, keep scrolling to the bottom of the page – here, you need to tap on Blocked Accounts.
- Here, you will find all the TikTok profiles that you have blocked. To remove them from this list, you need to click on the Unblock option.
- Once done, you will be able to see their profiles and their videos and messages once again.
What Happens Once You Unfollow Another TikToker?
As we have mentioned previously, the people that you unfollow on TikTok will not receive any notifications that they have been unfollowed by you.
The only way they can come to know whether you have unfollowed them is when they check their follower’s list, which only a handful of users do, based on research.
Another important thing you need to know about the comments will not get deleted when you unfollow a person.
Since there are no tools that can do this task, you will have to delete these comments manually.
How to Unfollow Everyone on TikTok: Final Thoughts
With the help of the methods mentioned above, you will learn how to unfollow everyone on TikTok.
If you do not want to waste time unfollowing one person after another, it is always a better option to bulk unfollow these profiles.
If you have any other queries related to TikTok, you can head over to our website to learn more.