When you know how to set up NordVPN on a router, all the devices connected to it will benefit.
A VPN helps you remain safe and anonymous while browsing the internet.
Your online activities will remain invisible whether you’re streaming, browsing, chatting, or sharing data online.
Setting up your router to use the NordVPN service will enable all of your connecting devices to be protected.
The exact process of setting up NordVPN with your router will largely depend upon the manufacturer and the router’s make.
First, you must log in to your router and look for the VPN settings to proceed further.
What Is NordVPN?
NordVPN is one of the numerous VPN service providers that help people browse the internet safely.
With more than 5,000 services in 62 countries, NordVPN is accessible in most major countries.
Owned by Nordsec Ltd., NordVPN provides several features to its users that you might not find in other VPNs.
The Benefit Of Setting Up NordVPN On Your Router
NordVPN allows its users to connect a maximum of 6 devices simultaneously with the service provider.
In other words, you can use the VPN service on 6 different devices simultaneously.
However, setting up NordVPN on your router will enable you to connect all your devices with the service provider.
In short, if you browse the internet on 10 different devices, you can connect all 10 devices with NordVPN.
How to Set Up NordVPN On A Router
When learning how to set up NordVPN on a router, the exact steps depend on two primary factors.
They are the manufacturer of the router and its make. However, the general steps for the setup process are as follows:
- Type in the router’s IP address in the browser and log in. It will ask for the admin password, which you will find on a sticker on the router’s body.
- Search for the VPN settings. Usually, you will find it under the advanced settings. However, for some routers, it may be under a different section.
- Look for the VPN client settings and not the server settings.
- Add a profile. You will need your NordVPN username and password for the same.
- Choose ‘auto reconnection’ if you can locate it.
- Enter a unique name for the VPN connection.
- Choose a country you want to choose, or choose the country recommended by NordVPN.
- Download the OpenVPN configuration files to create the VPN profile.
- Save the configuration once it is complete.
- Finally, activate the profile or click on ‘connect.’
To safeguard your online privacy and remain anonymous while using the internet, you need to use a good and recommended VPN service.
NordVPN is one of those VPNs that allow you to set it up on a router.
However, the exact steps for the configuration might differ from one router to another.