BEST INSTAGRAM GROWTH TOOLS
Do you know how to search Instagram?
If your answer is no, you have come to the right place. In this article, we are going to teach you how to use the search feature for Instagram.
Instagram lets you search for anything from hashtags to specific topics, both on desktop and through the app. Let’s dive in.
How to Search Instagram in 2023
- Open the Instagram app. If you aren’t already logged into Instagram, you will need to do so now.
- Select the search icon. This is a magnifying glass, and you will find it at the bottom of your screen to the left.
- Select the search bar. This is at the top of your screen, and it is going to bring up your keyboard, as well as filter tabs where you can choose how to refine your search.
- Select a filter. Choose how you want to refine your search. There are four different filters to choose from: top, people, tags and places. Top will show you the most popular tags, places and people that are relevant to what you have searched. People will limit your search results to people whose usernames match up with what you have searched. Tags is going to limit your search results to hashtags that directly match your search, and lastly places is going to refine your search results to locations that line up with your search.
- Enter your search keywords. Enter a keyword that you want to use to search, then select ‘search’ on your keyboard. With Android, you can select ‘enter’ or the magnifying glass icon instead. When you are searching for hashtags, you don’t need to include the hash symbol at the beginning of every tag.
- Review your results. Scroll through the results until you have found what you are looking for.
- Open the Instagram webpage through your web browser. If you aren’t already logged in, you will be prompted to do so.
- Select the search bar. This will be at the top of your page, to the right of where it says ‘Instagram’.
- Enter your search keywords. You can either type in a location, word or name for what you are wanting to search.
- Check out your search results. As you type, you will see your search results start to appear underneath in a menu that will drop down. You can go through the results until you find what you are looking for.
Why search Instagram?
There are many reasons that we can think of why you might want to learn how to search Instagram.
Whether you are trying to get more information so that you can conduct market research for your brand, or you are trying to leverage the competition, if you are an Instagram influencer, there are tons of reasons why you would want search Instagram successfully.
Instagram has a wealth of information out there when it comes to projects like this, so they are definitely worth exploring, so that you are able to get what you need from the popular social media sharing app. Figuring out how to search Instagram is well worth it.
As you can see from the article above, we have laid out a couple of ways on how to search Instagram and make your life a lot easier when it comes to finding the information that you need.
Instagram is a big place, which means that you might be feeling a little bit overwhelmed by where to even begin.
As you can see from the steps above, finding the right information on Instagram, and searching Instagram, in general, is actually really easy. If you break it up into keywords, hashtags, and other facets of Instagram, the entire process can be really simple and straightforward.
Just make sure to follow the instructions that we have laid out above, and we also recommend that you make the most of a service or a tool that can help you extract the right data from Instagram as well.
There is merit in being able to extract data in a way that is subtle and discreet, so people aren’t necessarily going to know that you have done so.
At the end of the day, there are many ways to use Instagram to your advantage beyond just uploading content, and hoping that your audience interacts with it.
We hope, you found our guide on how to search Instagram useful.