Are you trying to learn how to find someone’s IP address on Telegram?
Then, you are at the right place because this article will tell you about all the ways that work for quickly obtaining a Telegram user’s IP address.
Telegram is a messaging software that competes with Whatsapp and other social media platforms. It includes a wide range of features that allow you to have a great social media experience.
On Telegram, users find it simpler to communicate with a community of like-minded people. After all, it’s a diverse group of people from various backgrounds.
But, not every Telegram user you encounter on media platforms would reveal their true identity; that professional-looking account you come across might be hiding a scammer or fraudster.
Telegram is an extremely famous social networking platform that has lately grown in popularity. Then again, this social networking software allows you to interact with millions of individuals all around the world.
However, owing to a large number of malicious users on the platform, one may need to discover Telegram users’ IP addresses and utilize them as part of their investigative work.
Although the IP address indicates the location from where the user is contacting you, it is essential to remember that the IP address by itself does not offer you the ability to monitor the user’s present location.
By finding their IP address, one can’t tell where the user is based or where they’re now situated. It only provides you with the user’s geolocation.
However, only trained and knowledgeable hackers can truly use them. The average person can only look up someone’s location.
In this guide, we will teach you about all the possible ways to find someone’s IP address on Telegram.
How to Find Someone’s IP Address on Telegram in 2022
Although finding a person’s IP address via a peer-to-peer network is easy, Telegram is a social media service that links you to individuals via the Telegram server.
This means that individuals access Telegram via its official server rather than directly to the person.
As a result, the person’s IP address will never be revealed by Telegram. It prioritizes the privacy of its consumers over anything else.
Simply said, you cannot count on Telegram to reveal a person’s IP address regardless of where they are based or how frequently you communicate with them. This implies you’ll have to figure out IP addresses on your own.
Thankfully, there are various easy techniques for obtaining a user’s IP address. If you are aware of a few basic IP-grabbing methods, you can trace down a Telegram user’s IP address.
Before we begin, keep in mind that retrieving someone’s IP address using Telegram does not necessitate any professional-level technical expertise.
Let’s take a peek at some of these techniques.
Using an Already-made IP Grabber
Many individuals are unaware that tracking links can be used to trace down someone’s IP address on Telegram.
They appear to be ordinary links, yet they contain code strings. This code makes it simple to collect IP addresses.
An IP grabber, as the name implies, is intended for individuals who want to find someone’s IP address. The IP address of the user who accesses the website is immediately logged.
All you have to do is direct the individual to the IP grabber page and you’re done! The IP address of the user will be saved in Telegram’s IP database.
For this guide, the tool we will be utilizing is the Grabify URL Shortener and IP Logger. This application’s operation is easy as you just need to generate a shortened web address and have the user on Telegram visit it.
You should offer them a URL to any random website with the content material on something the user could be interested in.
Once the user visits the link, the application records the user’s IP address before redirecting them to the correct website.
Here’s how to use Grabify to acquire a user’s Telegram IP address:
- Find the URL of some internet material you think the user would enjoy.
- Copy and paste this URL into the Grabify input field and click the “Create URL” button. The platform will supply you with a tracking code and a shortened URL. Note this tracking code since you’ll require it to find each logged-in user’s IP address.
- Go to Telegram and try to make the user visit the address. You must do so convincingly without raising any suspicions in the person’s mind. Do not give the person the URL directly as this may appear suspicious. Instead, attempt to start a discussion and stay in touch with them for a few hours before providing them with the URL. Make sure to do this properly and there will be no reason for the user to not visit the website.
- Return to the Grabify webpage and paste the tracking code you noted down previously if you’re certain the person visited the URL. Rather than clicking on the “Create URL” button, select the “tracking code” option.
- You’ll see details on the Telegram user, such as his IP address, geolocation, operating system, browser, and other data.
Make Your Own IP Grabber
Although the aforementioned method works in most cases, it is unsuccessful in others.
Some people are conscious that shortened links can be exploited to obtain their IP address so they do not click on them.
Some might use a tool to discover the real URL and in doing so, expose their IP address rather than the other user’s.
Here’s how to build your IP logger to gather Telegram users’ IP addresses.
- Create a website with material that will appeal to your target user. This is necessary in order for them to be interested. Ascertain that your middleware has a method for extracting the IP address connected with requests from the request header.
- Since the website isn’t designed to manage a large number of requests at once, you may utilize free hosting. Purchase an inexpensive domain name with the help of Godaddy.
- Make the target visit the site once it’s launched and available via a browser. The moment the user does this, the component of the middleware set to gather IP addresses for you will acquire the IP address.
How to Protect Your IP Address on Telegram
Considering the two techniques outlined above, it is evident that you can never know when you’ll be fooled with the help of an IP grabber.
Although your IP address is worthless to naïve web users other than to provide an approximate idea of your whereabouts, skilled hackers can exploit it in conjunction with other tactics to launch a botnet attack and close down your network.
Since you don’t know how skilled the user on the opposite end is, it’s better to prevent your IP address from being tracked.
This is called IP spoofing.
When you use a VPN server or a proxy, your queries to Telegram are routed via the proxy, and the IP address shown is provided by the proxy instead of the actual IP address.
Here are some commonly asked questions about Telegram IP Finders.
Why Find Someone’s IP Address on Telegram?
An IP address is a unique identifier that conveys geolocation information.
However, the geolocation data is inaccurate, so you can’t use it to hunt down a person other than to have a general sense of where they reside.
Hence, you will need to know a user’s IP address if you wish to know where they reside. But, only skilled users will be able to utilize it for anything else.
Is It Illegal to Find A Telegram User’s Ip Address?
Telegram prioritizes its users’ privacy and as a result, it does not share IP addresses with anyone apart from government intelligence services.
However, obtaining someone’s IP address is not unlawful.
IP addresses are publicly disclosed and transmitted out by your device whenever it puts out user requests.
It’s also important to note that obtaining a user’s IP address is not unlawful under any legislation.
Telegram is a relatively safe app in comparison to many others.
However, the IP addresses of its users may still be obtained.
If the user trusts you enough to visit the URL provided by you, link-grabbing websites work wonders.
There are a variety of reasons why you might want to find someone’s IP address on Telegram.
Whatever the case, the methods listed above will assist you in obtaining the correct IP addresses and user locations.
Some hackers and fraudsters may also try to obtain your IP address and violate your privacy using these methods.
Hence, it’s a good idea to protect your IP address using VPNs and proxies. To reduce your chances of getting hacked, use complex passwords and resist random links.