Do you want to know how to find someone’s IP address on Snapchat?
In this article, we’ll show you how to do it.
Snapchat is a popular social media app that allows you to share short and sweet moments with your friends, family, and loved ones through videos and photos (called ‘snaps’).
This photo-sharing application is used by billions of people today.
Snapchat lets you share videos and photos for a certain time period for the other person to view them, after which they vanish permanently.
Its photos are not normal pictures as the app allows you to add funny effects and emojis to them.
Snapchat also functions as a camera as it can be used to take pictures, edit, create videos, etc. It is also known for its various filters.
This is an addictive social media networking app that has several features, such as location sharing through ‘Snap Map’ and text messaging.
The location-tracking feature informs you about your friends’ current location. You must register on Snapchat using details like your name, date of birth, and email address in order to use it.
Snapchat does not publicly display your actual IP address, though it uses it internally. It does not disclose the IP address of its users since it takes the security and privacy of its users very seriously.
Thus, if you would like to know someone’s IP address on Snapchat, then you have to do it on your own without Snapchat’s help.
You can do so easily. In order to obtain the user’s IP address, you just have to persuade them to press a URL link.
This technique helps users who want to know someone’s home location in case they suspect that the other person is lying.
However, we do not encourage getting someone’s IP address for malicious reasons, such as for hacking.
Moreover, when you find out one’s actual location through these methods, you must know that it is not their exact location so you cannot track them to their home, but only know the city and country they reside in.
How to Find Someone’s IP Address on Snapchat
Snapchat is a secure app.
Therefore, if someone tells you that they can know your IP address from your Snapchat messages, like cyberbullies usually do, then you must know that they are probably lying.
This is because only the employees of Snapchat who have the permission to access your data can see your IP address.
Here, you can learn how users can know your IP number and how you can find out the IP address of someone to obtain their location.
You can detect the IP address of Snapchat users via only a few methods, which are listed below.
Using an Already-made IP Logger
IP loggers, also called IP grabbers, allow you to track anyone’s IP address who visits such tools.
Most of these loggers are camouflaged as URL shorteners, which is why the user would not even know that someone has detected their IP address. You can find several IP loggers out there.
Here, the Grabify IP Logger & URL Shortener is used. It is a leading service to find Snapchat and internet users’ IP addresses.
Moreover, Grabify is simple to use, available free of cost, and does not need registration.
You can use this tool to identify a Snapchat user’s IP address by following the steps listed below.
- First, you must learn about what type of content the target person is interested in. Then, you have to find that content online and copy that content’s URL so you can use it to entice that person.
- Now, you have to visit the homepage of Grabify and paste this URL in the space provided.
- Then, you have to hit the button of ‘Create URL’ in order to get a compressed URL that you can use. Next to the compressed URL, you will see a tracking code, which will help you see the IP addresses of people who tried to visit your condensed URL. You need to copy both the URL and tracking code.
- Now, you have to visit Snapchat and lure your target to press the compressed URL so that they can see the content they are interested in. Before the shortened URL is opened, the request is initially sent to Grabify. Through this, it captures the IP number of the web request. The tool then directs the web request to the real URL for the user to view the content that you would like them to see. This process does not let the user doubt anything.
- When you know your target has clicked on the URL, you can visit the homepage of Grabify and type the track code in the same space where you put the URL in the above-mentioned second step.
- Now, you have to click on the button of ‘Tracking Code’ to see the logged IP address. This will tell you the user’s IP address, location, user agent, Operating System, and a lot of other information.
Create Your Own IP Logger
The first method is easy to use and free of cost. However, it masks itself as a URL compressor to lure the target.
And, a lot of online users, particularly technology fanatics, are cautious of compressed URLs.
Many tools can disclose the actual IP address that is behind a condensed URL and several users can use these tools to sidestep your link of Grabify.
And, if your target has visited the website without you getting their IP address, then you must know that they have outsmarted you by employing such a tool to disclose the real URL masked by a shortened one.
You can use the method listed below if your target is cautious of compressed URLs.
However, you must know coding for this method to work.
- You should know a content management program or any of your preferred programming languages so you can create a site that the user can visit and you can access its IP logs. Anytime a device sends an online request, it provides its IP address, so when your target visits your created website, you can see your IP record to detect their IP address.
- You can employ a free of cost hosting site for hosting your developed site. In this blog, you can know about the top free hosting site that you can use. You can use this service for your IP logger and not for hosting real sites that can get decent web traffic on hosts that are free of cost.
- However, you might not find a quality domain extension free of cost, such as dot com. Therefore, you must purchase a domain. You could find one at Godaddy, which offers you a domain at an inexpensive cost of $0.99.
- Once your website starts to function, you can give its URL to your target. Your site should have something to entice your target user.
- And, when they go to your site, you can see your IP record or log and identify their IP address.
How to Prevent IP Tracking on Snapchat
The above-listed methods show you that you’re not safe on Snapchat unless you do not use links at all on this app.
But, you can avoid getting your actual IP address tracked by IP grabbers and loggers by using a different IP address than your actual IP address.
Can My IP Address Be Detected from My Messages on Snapchat?
Even though a few cyberbullies might say that they can detect your IP number from your messages on Snapchat, it is completely false.
Snapchat does not reveal your IP number to the public.
You need to press a URL to go outside Snapchat so that a user can obtain your IP number.
If you do not do so, no one can detect your IP number from Snapchat.
Is it Illegal to Access One’s IP Address Without their Consent?
An IP address is a part of public info that is sent by a device with every web request.
This shows IP addresses are not private.
Moreover, no law criminalizes detecting someone’s IP address, which is why it is not against the law.
However, it can be illegal depending on what you are using it for.
In this article, we look at different ways to find someone’s IP address on Snapchat.
All these methods are effective for finding someone’s location and IP address on Snapchat.
Anyone can use your IP Address to know your location. Plus, expert hackers can use it to track you down, remotely access your PC, and profile you.
So be aware of your activities online, and use a VPN if necessary so it doesn’t happen to you.