Every person knows that all devices that can be connected to the Internet will have their unique IP address. Discord is a top chat platform that is widely used by corporate individuals as well as gamers. However, most users want to know whether it is possible to get a Discord user’s IP address.
It is quite easy to find the Discord IP address of any user; all you need to do is coax them to do certain tasks.
In this article, we will discuss how to get these Discord users to unsuspectingly reveal their IP addresses without letting them know.
Discord is considered a few of the most prominent instant messaging and community discussion apps today.
It is fitted with various types of features; for instance, there is a feature that allows several channels to split conversations based on teams or projects.
Similar to most other communication apps most of us use today, using and accessing a Discord service will reveal your IP address when you join a server.
However, the good news here is that Discord will not reveal your IP address; however, it does utilize the address internally to enforce various business logic. However, what are the ways to procure the IP address of other Discord members?
While the platform does not reveal the user’s IP address, it should not be as problematic as you may think.
As the matter of fact, you do not even have to be a tech whiz to get it done. However, there are two main aspects here – the first is that Discord will not hand over the IP address directly and the other is that you cannot get the address without the cooperation of the user.
However, if you make use of the right tactics, you can easily get the user’s IP address, anyone who is online and does not hide the IP address via spoofing technology.
We will talk about how to get the IP address of any Discord user in this article to find their real locations. Additionally, we will also talk about various ways to hide your IP address so that you are not discovered or accessed by others.
How to Find Someone’s IP Address on Discord
To find the IP address of a Discord user, there are two primary methods – you can either make use of a ready-made IP logger or you can create your own.
Both these methods are known to have their individual sets of benefits and downfalls and the base target.
One requirement here is that you should have basic engineering skills to lure the user into clicking the link – once successful, you will get their IP addresses without them knowing anything about it.
Using Grabify or Other Already-made IP Loggers
IP addresses are pinged for every individual request made via internet-connected devices.
Before, only the website admins could gain access to the IP addresses of the users. However, thanks to already-made IP loggers like Grabify, you can now do the same.
Even without being a coding expert or a website admin, you can access the IP addresses of users on the Internet with the help of Grabify.
It is a completely free tool and you do not even have to register to use the services. However, paid members are offered more features.
Here are the steps that can help you get the IP addresses of your Discord targets via Grabify:
- First, you need to copy the site’s URL; this site should be the one that your target interacts with the most. This platform will be used as bait to grab the IP address.
- You then have to visit the Grabify website; here, you need to paste the platform’s URL and paste it in the provided field.
- Next, tap on the button labelled as Create URL, after which Grabify will generate and show a shortened URL. Aside from the shortened URL, you will also be provided with the IP address being tracked .
- Now, you need to go to Discord and start messaging with the target. Talk in such a way that you get him/her to click on this shortened URL. Once the user clicks this URL, the request will first go to Grabify; before it gets redirected to the intended URL,the tool will capture the IP address.
- You need to visit the homepage of Grabify again and type down the tracking code; tap on the button called Tracking Code.
- On this shortened URL, you will find all the requests being redirected here. For every entry, you will access various details like user agent, operating system, geolocation, and IP addresses.
Creating your Own IP Logger for Discord
The above-mentioned method will only work with people who would not mind clicking a URL link sent by you. However, this could be a problem if you are not sure if the user will click on the link or not.
If they want to know more about the type of content, you will find various tools that will help expose the real shortened URL.
If you think that the user will recognize the shortened URL and dismiss it as foul play, you can also create a customized URL and domain name that the user will trust.
For this method to work, you need to have a basic understanding of coding and might also have to spend some money on a domain name.
Let us learn how to do this:
- You will have to learn some coding to create the website via the preferred coding software. The website needs to include a function for grabbing the IP address that is attached to all requests. Ensure that the platform has the functionality and content that will grab the attention of the target.
- Once you are done with the website coding process, host the platform on a domain that can be accessed remotely. To save costs, you can also opt for free hosting platforms. In the sections below, we will learn about a few of the top free hosting platforms.
- As for the domain name, there is a small requirement for a dot com extension; you will have to shell out money for it. Thankfully, there are various pocket-friendly registrars like GoDaddy, among many others.
- Once the website gets ready, head back to the Discord app and coax the target to head over your web platform.
- Once done, you will be able to check the IP log of the user to find his/her IP address.
How to Prevent IP Tracking on Discord
One of the first things that you should understand is that not all people will be on the lookout for your address as well when you are using Discord; in fact, most of the users have almost no idea about its meaning.
But, you cannot be too sure about it and it is recommended that you learn how to hide your IP address from prying eyes on the service.
We have discussed above that the use case is quite legal. But, your IP address may possibly be used for potentially several malicious acts, like remotely gaining access to your device or a DDoS Attack.
For similar reasons, experts recommend that you should keep spoofing your IP address with the help of a VPN or a proxy server.
FAQs About Discord IP Finder
Here are some common FAQs related to the Discord IP Finder
Is It Illegal to Access One’s IP Address without Their Consent?
Of course, accessing other’s IP addresses without their consent is considered illegal, particularly because they are very ‘private’. However, in reality, your IP address is always public, which means that your device keeps releasing it each time it sends a web request.
Therefore, it can be said that accessing other’s IP addresses is not against the law, per se. Additionally, you should also know that there is no specific law that makes this activity illegal.
What Is the Best Method of Preventing IP Tracking on Discord?
If you plan on using Discord on your mobile devices, experts recommend that you make use of a VPN service; such services are used to bypass proxies. On the other hand, for your computer to access Discord, you will have to make use of services like Proxifier.
Overall, VPN services are considered the best choice to prevent others from tracking your IP address on Discord, apart from rotating your IP address frequently.
From this article, we have learned that even if the user’s IP address is not disclosed by Discord, they are not very difficult to access. You can easily pinpoint the location of the Discord users.
Of course, you have the choice of attempting to view the IP addresses of other users, you also need to remember that you can just as easily become a target.
Therefore, it is recommended that you make use of a VPN or proxy server so that you can ensure your IP address is safely concealed from IP grabbers and loggers.