Quick Answer 🔍How many subscribers does Discovery Plus have in 2022?
There are 24 million paid subscribers.
How many subscribers does Discovery Plus have in 2022?
This article is for you.
Demand for streaming services around the world has increased over the years.
Many are fond of streaming shows and movies using their smartphones, televisions, and laptops.
Discovery Plus is an example of an on-demand streaming service offering access to Animal Planet, Discovery, Food Network, TLC, and the HGTV series.
The number of subscribers of Discovery’s direct-to-consumer video services continuously increases.
It gained approximately 9 million additional subscribers from April 2021 to March 2022.
Its subscribers can enjoy more than 70,000 TV episodes, exclusive shows, and live videos on the service.
How Many Subscribers Does Discovery Plus Have in 2022?
How many subscribers does Discovery Plus have in 2022? Discovery Plus continuously thrives in the number of subscribers.
One reason is it is cheaper than other streaming services, and another reason is it has big streaming libraries.
According to the company’s latest data, Discovery Plus has approximately 24 million paid subscribers in 2022.
It increased by around 9 million subscribers from the previous year.
Here is a list showing an increase in the number of Discovery+ subscribers:
- Discovery Plus had 15 million paid subscribers in April 2021
- Discovery Plus had 17 million paid subscribers in June 2021
- Discovery Plus had 18 million paid subscribers in August 2021
- Discovery Plus had 20 million paid subscribers in September 2021
- Discovery Plus had 22 million paid subscribers in December 2021
- Discovery Plus had 24 million paid subscribers in March 2022
Discovery Plus by Viewers
A single Discovery Plus account can create up to 5 user profiles and stream simultaneously using 4 different devices.
Currently, Discovery+ has over 70,000 TV episodes, hit movies, exclusive shows, and series for its viewers.
It was recorded that they had about 81 million US viewers and more than 260 million viewers outside North America in 2021.
Based on a survey, Discovery Plus viewership is mostly several times a week.
Approximately 30% of Discovery+ subscribers watch several times a week, and around 19% watch every day. While 14% of its subscribers watch in less than a month.
Which Devices Support Discover Plus?
The company jumped into the on-demand video streaming service, giving access to extensive libraries.
Discovery Plus contains 14 networks with hit programs, original shows, TV episodes, and live video feeds.
Users can watch using their Android, iOS, Apple TV, Samsung Smart TV, Amazon Fire TV, Vizio Smart TV, Roku, Chromecast, Xbox consoles, and web browsers.
How to Get Discovery Plus?
To access the best programs on Discovery Plus, users should sign up and subscribe to the best plan.
Here is how to get Discovery Plus:
- On a web browser, visit https://www.discoveryplus.com/
- Click “Watch” located on the homepage
- Click “Subscribe”
- Select the best subscription plan
- Create an account
- Input personal information including email address and password
- Provide billing information
- Click “Agree and Continue”
Users may opt to get Discovery Plus for free. Here is how:
- Get a 7-day free trial
- Get up to a year of free Discovery+ from Verizon Wireless Subscription
- Get up to a year of free Discovery+ from Verizon 5G Home Internet or New Verizon Fios Connection
How to Use Discovery Plus on the TV?
Consumers can find Discovery Plus on various devices including television, mobile, tablet, web, and game consoles.
Follow these easy steps on how to stream using a television:
- Turn on and connect the devices to the same internet source
- Launch Discovery Plus, choose a video, and click the Airplay or Chromecast icon located in the upper right corner of the screen
- Select and connect the preferred television
- Click AirPlay or Chromecast icon to disconnect
Discovery Plus Subscription Plan
Subscribing to any Discovery Plus plan gives access to thousands of programs, series, episodes, and original shows.
Choose from the two subscription plans, either “Discovery+” priced at $4.99 per month, or “Discovery+ Ad-Free” priced at $6.99 per month, and start streaming.
Discovery Plus Website Demographics
This streaming service website generates a total of 32.4 million visits in August 2022.
Here are the top countries that visited the website from June to August 2022:
- The United States accounts for 46.39% of the Discovery Plus website’s total monthly visits during the period
- Sweden accounts for 9.59% of the Discovery Plus website’s total monthly visits during the period
- Norway accounts for 8.37% of the Discovery Plus website’s total monthly visits during the period
Among the Discovery Plus total visits, the core audience was from ages 25 to 34 years old accounting for 26.58%.
They were followed by ages 18 to 24 years old with 20.79%.
Best Series and Programs on Discovery Plus
Discovery Plus gives its subscribers easy access to award-winning movies, TV episodes, original series, cooking shows, nature documentaries, crime series, and live events.
Aside from that, it also gives access to Animal Planet, Discovery, TLC, HGTV series, and Food Network.
Here are some of the best series on Discovery Plus:
- Anthony Bourdain: No Reservations
- Planet Earth Series
- Good Bones
- Barefoot Contessa
- 90-Day Fiance
- Fixer Upper: Welcome Home
- Home Work
- Say Yes to the Dress
- Ghost Adventures
Discovery Plus subscribers continuously grow in number since it is cheaper than other streaming services and it has extensive streaming libraries.
Users avail of a subscription plan to get access to thousands of original programs, shows, TV episodes, and live events.
Other users get Discovery Plus for free from Verizon.
Currently, streaming on Discovery Plus is only available in the United States, the US territories, Brazil, Canada, and some parts of Europe and Asia.
One reason for this is the copyright and licensing restrictions.
However, people from outside locations opt to use a VPN and connect to a US server to access Discovery Plus.
Thanks for reading our article about how many subscribers does Discovery Plus have in 2022.