Quick Answer 🔍How many people use Coinbase in 2022?
Coinbase has 98 million registered users and 8.8 million monthly active users.
Enough of the sulking on the lukewarm crypto sentiment and let’s discover how many people use Coinbase in 2022.
Cryptocurrency exchanges have sprouted here and there. But there is nothing that could take Coinbase out of the top spot.
Its massive popularity paved the way to a record-breaking initial public offering staged in April of 2021 which sent the company’s market capitalization to roughly a hundred billion dollars.
Despite the stiffer competition against new platforms promising the lowest fees and double return for investment, users are still more inclined to stick with the good old Coinbase.
How Many People Use Coinbase in 2022?
How many people use Coinbase in 2022?
According to the company’s official website, it is now home to nearly a hundred million verified users— 98 million to be exact.
It managed to amass such a huge number of followers due to its accessibility in more than 100 countries and territories worldwide.
It has also strategically partnered with some of the world’s biggest businesses, currently tied with 13,000 institutions and 230,000 partners in the Coinbase ecosystem.
In 2021, Coinbase reported having 8.8 million monthly active users. This figure is comparatively higher than its 2.8 million monthly active users in 2020.
Coinbase User Count History
It is safe to say that Coinbase is among the most successful exchanges that withstood the test of time.
However, it is not sunshine all year round for the platform, and you will find out on the data of the company’s user count below why is this so.
- 2014 – 1 million verified users
- 2015 – 2 million verified users
- 2016 – 5 million verified users
- 2017 – 13 million verified users
- 2018 – 22 million verified users
- 2019 – 30 million verified users
- 2020 – 35 million verified users
- 2021 – 56 million verified users
- 2022 – 98 million verified users
Coinbase was established way back in June of 2012. But as seen in the data above, its user count remains minimal at only a million users after two years of being in the market in 2014.
The company started gaining the right traction only in 2017 when it managed to record an 8 million year-over-year increase in its user count.
Moreover, there is a sharp jump in its total user count between 2019 and to present. It added close to 70 million new users during this stretch.
Coinbase’s Monthly Active Users
Aside from looking at its overall user count, it is also important to check on the health of its monthly active users.
This information is important in determining the outcome of trading volumes as more active users per month means more trading volume for Coinbase.
- 2018 – the platform has 700,000 monthly active users
- 2019 – the platform hit 1 million monthly active users for the first time
- 2020 – the platform has 2.8 million monthly active users during the pandemic year, representing close to 200% year-over-year growth from the same period in 2019
- 2021 – the platform’s monthly active users increased further from 2020 figures and hit 8.8 million. This is by far the sharpest increase in monthly active users throughout Coinbase’s history
Top Countries Using Coinbase
Every crypto exchange has its turf.
Take, for example, Binance is more popular in Asia than in any other region of the world.
The same holds true with Coinbase.
The US-based firm enjoys massive popularity in its home country, as well as in some countries in Europe.
Here are the countries occupying the biggest share of Coinbase’s user base.
- United States – users from the country account for 53.14% of Coinbase’s total user base
- United Kingdom – users from the country account for 5.80% of Coinbase’s total user base
- Germany – users from the country account for 2.88% of Coinbase’s total user base
- Spain – users from the country account for 2.69% of Coinbase’s total user base
- France – users from the country account for 2.31% of Coinbase’s total user base
- Other countries and territories – users from the rest of the world account for 33.18% of Coinbase’s total user base
The data above suggests that more than half of Coinbase’s overall audience comes from the United States.
Aside from the platform, Coinbase stock is also massively subscribed and trades on the Nasdaq under the ticker “COIN”.
Coinbase Website Statistics
Coinbase sports an average monthly visit of 38.6 million, ranking #418 among all websites in the United States and #1088 on the global scale.
The site has a higher number of monthly visits compared to its direct competitor, Crypto.com, which only records an average of 5.6 million per month.
It ranks #5 in the finance category, with an average visit duration of 4 minutes 35 seconds and 5.28 clicks per visit.
About 74.59% of all coinbase.com website visitors are male while only 25.41% are female.
Coinbase Valuation Over the Years
Coinbase is a real-world example of the zero-to-hero adage, starting from the bottom before making its way to the top.
Take a look at the history of the company’s valuation from 2017 to 2021.
- 2017 – $1.6 billion total valuation
- 2018 – $8.0 billion total valuation
- 2019 – $19.0 billion total valuation
- 2020 – $28.0 billion total valuation
- 2021 – $65.0 billion total valuation
Experts predicted Coinbase hitting between $160 billion to $230 billion in valuation in 2021.
But the highest it went was only close to $100 billion hit during its initial public offering on the Nasdaq.
It fell all the way to $65 billion, taking pains from the rapid descent in the overall crypto market during the tail-end of 2021.
What do Users Like About Coinbase?
According to users, here are some of the factors they approve most about Coinbase:
- Beginner-friendly interface – it is easy to navigate around and trade on the platform manually or with a Coinbase trading bot
- Helpful education section – Coinbase supports a dedicated educational section dedicated to helping crypto junkies learn more about trading and investing
- Security – the site stores 97%` of all its Bitcoin holdings in cold storage which is the most secured form of storage available in the market today
There are close to a hundred million users trusting Coinbase for their crypto needs.
Over the years since its inception in 2012, the company established its name as a trusted site for crypto traders, whatever one’s competency level.
It flexes a beginner-friendly interface that can easily be navigated, even by people without prior knowledge of crypto.
Coinbase.com remains highly subscribed and records an average of 38.6 million visits monthly.
This is despite the souring sentiment surrounding the overall cryptocurrency market today.
Thank you for reading our article on how many people use Coinbase in 2022.