Video marketing is one of the most effective marketing methods in today’s digital world.
Its use is most effective for engaging a targeted audience.
These days, more people are watching videos not only for entertainment, but also to learn new things and solve problems.
We have researched 20 key video marketing statistics to show you the importance of including this marketing method in your existing marketing strategy.
It’s worth noting that Cisco revealed that online videos accounted for 82% of all internet traffic.
This statistic reminds us that marketers need to stay updated on the latest marketing statistics and trends, but also stay updated on the latest statistics and trends in video marketing.
Otherwise, you’ll get behind and lose your edge.
In this article, we will share with you some vital video marketing trends and statistics.
This is our way of helping you to understand the current status of video marketing in today’s world and how you can use it to grow your business.
You will see from this data that video marketing is an essential part of every successful marketing strategy.
If you’re not utilizing video marketing, this article may convince you to do so.
We don’t want readers who need exposure to miss out on such a smart and amazing opportunity available to them.
Let’s dive into some video marketing data and trends to help you learn how to effectively grow your business.
- 86% of video marketers claim videos have increased their website traffic.
- 93% of businesses say they got new business through sharing videos on social media.
- 87% of video marketings say that videos have boosted sales.
- 91% of consumers say they want to see more videos online from brands.
- 3.1 billion people watch online videos every day.
- 96% of marketers perceive video as a major part of their marketing strategies.
- Consumers are 10 times more apt to engage with a video compared to a block of text.
- 53% of marketers claim video marketing is effective for brand awareness.
- 58% of video viewers watch an entire business video if it’s under 60 seconds long.
- People watch an average of 17 hours of online videos each week.
Top Video Marketing Statistics in 2024
1. 86% of Video Marketers Claim Videos Have Increased Their Website Traffic.
A whopping 86% of video marketers claim to have increased their website traffic from utilizing video content by 1% over the previous year.
This statistic shows us that videos can effectively boost your website traffic.
Moreover, 86% of businesses use video marketing as part of their marketing strategy, which is up from 85% in 2020.
2. 93% of Businesses Say They Got New Business Through Sharing Videos on Social Media.
A massive 93% of businesses share videos on social media and say they got new business this way.
This data confirms the efficacy of video marketing on social media platforms such as Facebook, Instagram, TikTok, etc.
YouTube isn’t the only game in town, but it’s one of the most visited sites on the internet today.
3. 87% of Video Marketers Say that Videos Have Boosted Sales.
One survey revealed that 87% of video marketers claimed that videos have helped directly boost their sales.
This means that most video marketers know that video is a direct and major contributor to generating revenue.
For perspective, this figure is up from 64% in 2016.
4. 91% of Consumers Say They Want to See More Videos Online from Brands.
With 91% of consumers claiming they want to see more videos from brands they love, we can see how much the demand for video is growing.
The popularity of online videos is growing every day.
For reference, in 2018, 85% of consumers wanted to see more brand videos.
From this statistic alone, we find that in only five years, videos have become 6% more in demand.
5. 3.1 Billion People Watch Online Videos Every Day.
Just imagine an audience of 3.1 billion prospective customers watching your video content.
While every brand and business has its own audience, the potential of getting exposure is still in the billions of people who watch online videos daily.
6. 96% of Marketers Perceive Video as A Major Part of Their Marketing Strategies.
In 2015, 78% of marketers viewed videos as an important part of their overall marketing strategy.
Today, in 2023, 96% of marketers are saying that videos play a key role in their marketing strategy.
From this we can garner that since 2015 this data has grown by nearly 20% (18%).
Even in 2021, this data was 93% and in 2022, 92%.
7. Consumers Are 10 Times More Apt to Engage with A Video Compared to A Block of Text.
We already mentioned that 91% of consumers want to see more brand videos, which relates to this data about videos increasing engagement by 10 times.
Consumer research showed that people are 10 times more likely to watch a video rather than to read a block of text, especially on social media posts.
8. 53% of Marketers Claim Video Marketing Is Effective for Brand Awareness.
If you’re seeking to build brand awareness, 53% of marketers say that’s what happens from using video marketing.
In fact, this data confirms the efficacy of using videos to build brand awareness.
Brand awareness is a step towards building your customer base and generating more revenue.
9. 58% of Video Viewers Watch an Entire Business Video if It’s Under 60 Seconds Long.
In terms of video length, 58% of video watchers say they will watch a full business video if it lasts less than 60 seconds.
As a result, short-form videos across social platforms like Facebook, Instagram, TikTok, and YouTube have become wildly popular.
Keep this statistics in mind when you’re creating your next business video.
10. People Watch an Average of 17 Hours of Online Videos Each Week.
In a Wyzowl report published in 2023, it was revealed that people watch 17 hours of videos online every week on average.
While this may seem like many hours to watch online videos, in 2022 it was 19 hours on average.
Even in 2021, people watched 18 hours of video online on average.
Keep in mind that in 2020 and 2021, we were in the middle of a global pandemic and lockdowns.
11. Half of The Marketers that Use Video Say They Have Been Using Video for At Least One Year.
Data shows that 50% of marketers who use video marketing claim they have been using video for marketing for at least one year.
Therefore, we can surmise that the other 50% have only just begun to use video as part of their marketing strategy.
This further shows the growth in popularity of video marketing.
12. Tweets with Videos Generate Five Times More Replies.
On Twitter, now X, tweets with videos are generating five times the replies and 2.8 times the retweets than those without videos.
Moreover, posts on X with videos get 19 times more likes than those with just text or images.
13. 50% of Instagram Users Have Visited a Site to Purchase Something After Watching a Video Ad on Stories.
Half of Instagram’s users say they went on to visit a website to buy a product or service after seeing a video ad via the Stories feature.
Another 70% said they swiped up on a Stories ad to see what product or service was being promoted.
Moreover, 60% of IG Story videos are watched with sound.
14. You Tube Is the Most Effective Video Marketing Channel at 78% Among Marketers.
According to the Wyzowl report, 78% of marketers say that YouTube is the most effective social media channel for video marketing.
Believe it or not, LinkedIn came in second at 69% and Instagram followed closely behind at 67% among video marketers.
By rank, these video marketing channels follow Instagram: Facebook, Webinars, Interactive Video, TikTok, and Twitter (X).
15. 66% of Consumers Say Short-Form Video Is the Most Engaging.
Among video–watching consumers, 66% say that short-form videos are the most engaging for social media content.
People are enjoying watching videos on social platforms including Facebook, Instagram, TikTok, YouTube, and others.
Whether it’s the quick quips or the shorter attention spans, people prefer short-form videos.
16. Music Videos Are the Most Popular Videos at 51%.
In terms of what kind of videos are being watched by consumers, music videos are the most popular with 51% of the share of survey respondents.
Second to music videos, comedy, meme, and viral videos combined had a respondent share of 36.7% in a survey.
17. 30.6% of Survey Respondents Said Tutorials and How-To Videos Are Their Favorite.
Music videos may be number one among video watchers, but how-to videos and tutorials have a 30.6% share of video watchers.
Therefore, if you have a product or service you may want to consider this as part of how you promote your offerings.
Additionally, you can use product reviews which have a share of 27.4% of video watchers.
18. 79% of People Claim a Video Convinced Them to Buy Software.
Not all products sold are physical.
In terms of selling digital products, 79% of people said that because of a video they watched online, they purchased downloadable software.
Based on this data and overall data generated in terms of driving sales, video marketing is effective and popular.
We all know that watching videos on a smartphone or tablet is also at an all-time high.
Data shows that 92% of mobile users who watch videos are prone to sharing videos with their friends, family, and others in their social network.
This is significant data in terms of social media engagement and video sharing.
20. In 2023, Video Ad Spending Is Set to Reach $176.60 Billion.
According to data from Statista, video ad spending is set to reach $176.60 billion (USD) by the end of 2023.
Moreover, the video advertising market is forecast to achieve $134.10 billion (USD) by 2027 with a CAGR of 11.09%.
What Is Video Marketing?
As the name implies, video marketing is the use of videos to market or promote your products, services, or brand.
It’s used for a variety of purposes such as to increase brand awareness, lead generation, driving sales, and educating your audience.
What’s so Important About Video Marketing?
Video marketing has become the most effective and efficient way to reach and engage your target audience.
In fact, videos are widely shared more than images, articles, memes, etc. across social channels.
Moreover, videos can be used to tell a story that can help you connect to your audience at an emotional level.
What Are Some Different Types of Video Marketing Videos?
There are a plethora of types of video marketing videos that can be created depending on your target audience and your goals.
Here are some of the “genres” of video marketing videos:
• Product Videos: This is where you showcase a product or service and discuss the benefits of your offerings.
• Explainer Videos: You would use this type of video marketing to explain a sophisticated concept or process in simpler, easier to understand terms.
• Testimonial Videos: These types of videos are used for customers who want to share their experiences with your product or service. Preferably a positive • experience.
• Brand Videos: This kind of video tells the story of your brand and what it stands for.
• Case Study Videos: This is how you can share your products and services that have helped your customers achieve their own goals.
Remember, these are just a few of the types of videos used in video marketing.
How Can You Create Effective Video Marketing Videos?
We dug up some reliable tips for you to help you create and brainstorm some effective video marketing videos:
• Start with a clear goal and tailor your content to achieve it.
• Know your target audience so you can connect with them via video marketing. It’s crucial to know your audience.
• Produce high-quality videos that are visually appealing, engaging, and informative as needed. Hint: You don’t need to spend a lot to do this.
• Optimize your videos for search engines so that you can get the most exposure possible. For this, you must use pertinent keywords, tags, descriptions, and video titles.
• Use social media to get your videos out there. Share to social platforms like Instagram, TikTok, X (formerly Twitter), and Facebook. You have a potential reach of billions of people, so use that.
Now we know the significance of video marketing whether its paid or free across networks.
We have shared statistics from reliable studies and reports to reveal how marketing experts and consumers perceive video marketing.
After reading these video marketing statistics, FAQs, and tips you should be more aware of the popularity of this kind of marketing and how to use it to your advantage.