Viber is one of the most prominent online messaging platforms worldwide.
Users can send text messages, photos, videos, files, and stickers and make voice calls.
This platform also allows users to create group chats, making it easy to connect with colleagues, friends, and family.
Statistics show that Viber saw significant growth in all group-related activities in 2020, accounting for a 170% growth.
Do you want to know more about Viber statistics? Just continue reading.
- Viber recorded an estimated 1.3 billion registered users in 2022, up from 1.2 billion the prior year.
- The Viber website recorded 10.3 million total visits in June 2023.
- Nearly 19% of the Viber website traffic came from Ukraine, while 4.91% came from the United States.
- Viber users spend over 35 minutes on the platform daily.
- There are more than 70 million interactions on Viber per hour. An average user sends approximately 30 messages daily.
- Viber Business Messages allow users to send longer messages with a maximum length of 1,000 characters.
- The primary visitors of Viber are the younger generation between 25 to 34 years old, accounting for almost 36%.
- Viber has a 97% delivery rate for sent messages.
- As of 2023, the Viber app on Google Play has over 1 billion downloads.
- Rakuten spent $900 million to acquire Viber.
- More than 8,500 businesses worldwide are using Viber Business Messaging Solutions today.
- About 40% of Viber’s revenue was from Business API.
Important Viber Statistics in 2023
1. The Number of Registered Viber Users Reached 1.3 Billion in 2022
Viber is a widely popular messaging and Voice over Internet Protocol application.
It recorded an estimated 1.3 billion registered users in 2022, increasing from 1.2 billion the prior year.
Here are the numbers of registered Viber users worldwide from 2018 to 2022:
- Registered Viber users in 2018 reached 1.074 billion
- Registered Viber users in 2019 reached 1.150 billion
- Registered Viber users in 2020 reached 1.169 billion
- Registered Viber users in 2021 reached 1.20 billion
- Registered Viber users in 2022 reached 1.30 billion
2. Uses From Ukraine Visited Viber Website the Most in June 2023
Viber.com recorded 10.3 million total visits in June 2023, up from 10.1 million last month.
The average visit duration reached 1 minute and 28 seconds.
The country that sent the most traffic to the Viber website was Ukraine, accounting for 18.43%, increasing from 11.74% in the previous month.
Russia follows, accounting for over 13%.
Here are the five countries that visited the Viber website the most in June 2023:
- 18.43% of the Viber website traffic came from Ukraine
- 13.27% of the Viber website traffic came from Russia
- 11.16% of the Viber website traffic came from the Philippines
- 6.09% of the Viber website traffic came from Bulgaria
- 4.91% of the Viber website traffic came from the United States
3. Viber Has Roughly 820 Million Monthly Active Users
Viber is a versatile messaging and calling platform, providing a range of features to facilitate connection and communication between individuals and groups.
It is available on iOS, Android, Mac, and Windows, enabling users to communicate seamlessly using different devices.
Because of its features and capabilities, it recorded approximately 823 million monthly active users.
Average Viber users spend over 35 minutes on the platform daily.
4. There are More Than 70 Million Interactions on Viber Every Hour
Viber became more popular as an instant messaging app.
Its user-friendly interface, extensive features, such as text messages, voice messages, and multimedia sharing, and the ability to make video and voice calls have contributed to its popularity.
There are more than 70 million interactions on the platform per hour.
An average user sends over 30 messages daily.
This is why social media marketers recognize the potential of Viber’s large and active user base.
They promote their brands, products, or services and engage in direct communication with potential customers.
The platform allows marketers to create engaging campaigns and drive meaningful interactions with their target audience.
5. Viber Business Messages Can Reach 1,000 Characters Long
Viber Business Messages allow longer messages with a maximum length of 1,000 characters.
This provides users more space to convey their message and provide detailed information.
Longer message limit enables businesses to engage with customers and effectively communicate with them.
Business owners and marketers can take advantage of this to deliver informative and impactful advertisements to their audience.
(Rakuten Viber for Business)
6. Nearly 36% of Viber Visitors were 25 to 34 Years Old.
The primary visitors of Viber are the younger generation, aged 25 to 34, accounting for nearly 36%.
More than three-fourths of Viber visitors are Millennials and Gen Zs, aged 18 to 44.
These users are often adopters of new technologies and are active in online messaging.
Below is the age distribution of Viber visitors in June 2023:
- 19.67% of Viber visitors are 18 to 24 years old
- 35.79% of Viber visitors are 25 to 34 years old
- 20.50% of Viber visitors are 35 to 44 years old
- 12.45% of Viber visitors are 45 to 54 years old
- 7.73% of Viber visitors are 55 to 64 years old
- 3.86% of Viber visitors are 65 years old and above
7. Viber Messages Have a 97% Delivery Rate
Viber stands out with a 97% delivery rate for sent messages.
This means that the majority of messages successfully reach their intended recipients.
Reports reveal that 89% of messages sent by businesses are viewed.
This high visibility rate shows that users actively view the messages they receive.
In terms of the click-through rate, the average CTR is 82%.
Around 82% of users who receive messages with links click on them to access further information.
The strong delivery rate, high message visibility, and impressive click-through rate show businesses and brand owners promising opportunities to reach their target consumers and increase conversions.
8. Viber App Has Over 1 Billion Downloads in Google Play
The pandemic had an impact on the number of Viber app downloads and users.
With lockdowns and social distancing, people stayed and worked at home.
Messaging apps like Viber have provided a convenient way to stay connected with colleagues, families, and friends.
As of 2023, the Viber app on Google Play recorded over 1 billion downloads, while its iOS version was downloaded roughly 452 million times.
(Google Play, SignHouse)
9. Rakuten Spent $900 Million To Acquire Viber in 2014
On February 2014, Rakuten, the Japanese e-commerce and internet services group, announced its acquisition of Viber for approximately $900 million.
This acquisition marked Rakuten’s entry into the messaging app market.
Since then, the exact valuation of the platform has not been disclosed publicly.
10. More Than 8,500 Businesses Worldwide Use Viber Business Messaging Solutions
Viber has experienced significant growth across various aspects.
The number of Viber business accounts grew by 55%, indicating a growing interest from businesses in utilizing Viber for communication with their customers.
Viber Chatbots recorded a 20% increase in user engagement, indicating effectiveness in enhancing user experience.
Likewise, Viber Ads increased by 70%.
Based on a recent report, more than 8,500 businesses worldwide use Viber Business Messaging Solutions today.
(Rakuten Viber for Business)
11. About 40% of Viber’s Earnings were From Business API.
Viber generated a significant portion of its revenue from its Business API feature, approximately 40%.
The Business API allows businesses to integrate Viber’s messaging capabilities into their own systems and applications, enabling them to communicate with their customers on the Viber platform.
Unlike some messaging apps that rely on paid ads, Viber’s primary sources of revenue are its Business API and paid in-app purchases.
By focusing on the Business API, and in-app purchases, Viber provides businesses with effective tools to engage with customers while monetizing its platform.
Viber is a free messaging and calling platform that empowers users to connect with others on a global scale.
It offers a convenient and efficient way of communication with a large user base across 193 countries worldwide.
Whether it is for personal or business purposes, the platform allows users to reach a wide audience.
Based on the latest data, the registered Viber users exceeded 1 billion, with an estimated 820 million monthly active users.
Its Android app version was downloaded more than 1 billion times today. That’s all about Viber statistics.