Last Updated: December 30, 2020
- Go to Pinterest in your web browser. If you are already logged in, you will see the Pinterest homepage. If you aren’t logged in, you will need to enter your username and password.
- Select ‘+’ which will be in a white circle located at the bottom right of the screen. This will prompt a pop-up menu. If it asks you if you want the Pinterest browser button, select ‘not now’ and then select ‘+’ again.
- Select ‘upload pin’ This will be in the middle of the screen. You will go to a window with photo upload options.
- Select ‘drag and drop’ or ‘click to upload’. This will be on the left-hand side. Finder or File Explorer will open depending on whether you are using Windows or Mac. If you don’t see this, select ‘upload pin’ in the lower left-hand corner of the window.
- Choose your photo. Select the photo that you want to upload to Pinterest. You might have to select the photo folder first.
- Choose ‘open’. This will be at the bottom right of the screen. Your photo will begin uploading to Pinterest.
- Enter a description of the photo.
- Select ‘done’. This is the red button in the right-hand corner of the screen.
- Choose a board when asked. Hover your mouse over the board where you want to save the photo, then select ‘save’ to the right of the board’s name. Your photo will get saved. If you want to add your photo to a new board, choose ‘create board’ and enter a new board name.
- Open Pinterest on your smartphone. If you aren’t already logged in, you will need to do so.
- Click the ‘profile’ icon in the lower right-hand corner of your screen.
- Select ‘+’ in the upper right-hand corner.
- Select ‘photo’ at the bottom of the menu. Let Pinterest access your photos.
- Select the photo that you want to upload.
- Add your description to the photo.
- Select the board you want to share it on. You can also create a new board if you wish.