When you make use of a lot of proxies, chances are that you will find yourself switching between them a lot many times.
Overall, this can make the process of sorting through the processes of your device proxy quite tedious. Therefore, most users prefer using proxy switchers to make this task easier.
By definition, proxy switchers are extensions that can help you switch between proxies. They allow you to hide your real IP so that you can start browsing anonymously without breaking a sweat.
You will also be able to access various types of blocked sites like streaming sites and social media platforms on the fly.
With the help of this anonymous browsing technique, you can easily eliminate limitations from different online services and sites. Today, one of the most popular proxy switchers is FoxyProxy.
What is FoxyProxy?
FoxyProxy is a browser extension that can help you configure proxies on your browsers with ease. It is easily one of the more advanced proxy switchers today.
What makes it so special is that it is fitted with more features than most other proxy switchers in the market today.
One of the most important benefits of using FoxyProxy is that you can use this extension from your browser itself.
In most cases, you will have to configure the proxies from the system level; this means that all other apps and browsers will have access to the Internet via the configured proxies.
In the case of FoxyProxy, all the proxy-related settings can be accessed on your browser instead of your system. This happens because it will utilize the proxy API of the browser only.
We can understand that FoxyProxy is quite a popular choice if you take a close look at the download numbers.
There are several reasons for it – for instance, FoxyProxy is also fitted with a large number of features that you will not find in other proxy switchers.
For instance, the event handler will trigger the proxy switcher depending on the events.
Additionally, FoxyProxy also allows you to import/export proxies as well as switch the URLs automatically. If you make use of proxies regularly, you should consider using it on your web browser.
FoxyProxy allows you to add and manage Socks protocol (*) based proxies of your browser without having to access the settings of your browser in the first place.
Additionally, you will also be able to define a list of usable proxies that often get blocked. With the help of FoxyProxy, you can use any proxy w.x.y.z internationally for any type of URL.
Alternatively, you can also define URL string patterns that can be utilized with any other specific proxy.
The tool will black and white list different URLs. Lastly, you can also switch the proxies based on the local IP address.
How to Use FoxyProxy in 2023
In this section, we will learn about how to use FoxyProxy on the Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox browsers.
FoxyProxy for Chrome
When you take a look at the numbers, you will see that FoxyProxy has been downloaded more than 200,000 times on the Google Chrome Store. This makes Chrome the biggest platform for FoxyProxy.
This number should not come as a surprise since the majority of Internet denizens use Google Chrome as their default web browser.
If you are a Google Chrome user and want to understand how to use the tool on this browser, you simply need to follow the steps below:
- Head over to the Google Chrome Store and type in the search box ‘FoxyProxy’; tap on the result to download it. Or, you can simply head to FoxyProxy.org and download the Google Chrome variant of the same.
- Once you install the program, the icon will be listed in the extension bar just next to the address bar. When you tap on it, you will see a pop-up, something like this:
- Tap on the ‘Options’ button and an interface, like below, will open; here, you will be able to configure FoxyProxy.
- All you have to do now is tap on the ‘Add New Proxy’ button to add a proxy. The interface will look like this:
- As you can see on the interface above, you will have to type in the proxy details. You can also choose to save the login credentials by taping on the ‘Save Login Credentials’ checkbox.
- To give the proxy a color, note, or a name if you want, you need to tap on the General tab.
- Head to the URL Pattern tab if you want to specify when to use the proxies based on the URL or API patterns. The interface will look like this:
- Tap on ‘Add New Patter’. A page like this will open up.
- With the help of Regular Expression or wildcards, you can enter the patterns.
- Once you have provided the required details, you simply need to tap on the Save button.
- Once you have set the proxies successfully, you need to head back to the extensions list and tap on No on the FoxyProxy icon.
FoxyProxy for Firefox
Next to Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox is the second-most popular Internet browser, with an impressive number of 180,000 downloads. If you want to use FoxyProxy on Firefox, you simply need to click on this link.
Thankfully, configuring and using it with the Firefox browser is fairly similar to Chrome. While the interface is also the same, there are some definitive styling changes.
Therefore, you can simply make use of the steps mentioned above for Google Chrome.
When you take a look at the steps mentioned above, you will understand that installing and setting up FoxyProxy is not as difficult as it may seem.
However, one thing that you should always remember is that FoxyProxy will not provide you with free proxies; instead, you will have to use your own proxies.
Alternatively, you can also purchase them from the official FoxyProxy website.