Let’s look at how to save YouTube videos to iPhone camera roll.
Downloading videos within the YouTube app is very easy. However, saving your downloads on the camera roll is not possible without the help of a third-party app.
Apple’s operating system, iOS, does not support downloading files directly from YouTube as this might bring malware or other forms of malicious threats to your iPhones.
Fair enough, Apple is a known leader in threat protection. It’s just acting on your behalf.
Nevertheless, there is a way to get around this ‘overprotective’ mechanism by downloading a dedicated app for this.
But before we proceed with the guide for saving YouTube videos to iPhone camera roll, check out these sites that lets you buy YouTube subscribers in an instant.
Take note that these platforms have clean safety records and will help in growing your fanbase by paying cheap.
How to Save YouTube Videos to iPhone Camera Roll
There is no direct way how to save YouTube videos to iPhone camera roll.
This does not come as a surprise, with Apple’s reputable record in combatting viruses and malware on its devices.
But for our readers willing to take it a step further to watch videos on their camera roll, you are in the right place.
Doing this comes with a lot of advantages, particularly in allowing users to any video offline and outside the YouTube app.
1. There are many download sites compatible with iOS, but Documents by Readdle is among the most recommended apps to date.
Download this platform from the App Store
2. Once installed, go to the YouTube app and find the video you want to download.
After finding it, click it and tap the ‘Share’ icon among the tabs and copy the video’s link
3. Head back to the Documents by Readdle app and click on the browser symbol located among the tabs at the bottom part of the screen
4. Find a website that allows downloading YouTube videos such as Y2Mate, Btclod, and X2Download, among others.
It is in the user’s discretion to choose which among these sites will be used.
In fact, you do not have to take much time choosing as these sites all have the same functions
5. After selecting a download site, paste the YouTube video link you have copied from the app earlier
6. Tap the ‘Start converting’ tab found at the end of the link tab
7. Select an mp4 format for videos and an mp3 format for audio. Similarly, choose among the video quality available.
The higher the resolution, the bigger space it will take up on your storage
8. Click the download button to start downloading the video. Tap ‘Done’ and you will find your newly-downloaded video in your iPhone’s ‘My Files’ folder
9. Now that it is already downloaded on your iPhone, it is time to move it to your Camera Roll.
To do this, tap the ‘Files’ app, and open the folder labeled ‘Downloads’ inside your app.
This means you are opening a folder within a folder which may sound confusing but this is how Apple likes to keep its files clustered
10. Browse through the folder until you find the video. Click it and you will see an ellipsis icon at the bottom part of the file
11. Select ‘Move’ and choose ‘Photos’ as the destination.
There are times when Apple will ask for your permission on whether you will allow access to all photos. Agree to this prompt and proceed
12. Your video will be automatically moved to your Camera Roll
13. Open the Camera Roll app and tap ‘All Photos’ to check if the video is there. If not, check your ‘Recents’ as new photos and videos automatically go to this folder
Watching Videos Offline Using the YouTube App
Meanwhile, users of selected countries may also opt to maximize YouTube’s offline watching feature by downloading a video within the app regardless if you are an iOS or Android user.
1. To start, you need to have a dedicated YouTube application. Download it on the App Store or Google Play Store
2. After downloading, enter your account’s login credentials to proceed
3. Using the search bar, type on the title of the video you want to download
4. Click on the video and look for the download button located just below the video player.
It sits on the same level as where the like, dislike, share, and create buttons are located
5. Tap the download button and the video will start downloading. Make sure to have a fast and reliable internet connection to hasten this process.
Take note that the download button is not accessible for all videos on YouTube.
Some of these videos cannot be downloaded for offline watching as the owner restricted the permission to watch them without connectivity.
There are more videos available for download when you have a YouTube Premium subscription than the free version
6. To access your downloads, click the ‘Library’ icon on the rear right side of your homepage.
After being redirected to a new page, you will see the ‘Downloads’ tab right after your watch history and the ‘Your videos’ label
7. Browse through your downloaded videos and listen to them even without internet connectivity.
YouTube also recommends videos for download below the downloaded videos you already have on your list.
To score any of these recommendations, click on the arrow down symbol next to the video and it will be automatically be included in your ‘Downloads’ folder once finished
Watch Offline Using YouTube Premium
To avoid the hassle of having to install an external app like Documents by Readdle to continue watching videos offline, you may also opt to just secure a YouTube Premium subscription which is safer and faster.
It also houses a wide number of video selections ready for downloads, including series, playlists, and the like.
A YouTube premium account only costs $11.99 a month which is already a competitive price compared to the benefits you will get upon availing of the service.
There you have the answer to ‘How to save YouTube videos to iPhone camera roll’ question. There is no fast and direct way to do it.
Going to this path requires the help of third-party applications to help with the initial downloading of an external file.
But after a few clicks and copying and pasting links, you are ready to watch videos on the camera roll without the hassle and lagging!
Make sure to use only the most trusted sites to do this as downloaded files are frequent targets of viruses and malware.