YouTube Growth Services
Sending a message on YouTube is possible. Just not on the way you think it is.
Unlike other platforms like Twitter, Instagram, and TikTok where you can message another user without leaving the app, YouTube does not allow direct messaging on its site.
Nevertheless, you can still reach out to someone and you will find out in this article how.
Now that you are already in the zone of knowing how to message someone on YouTube, you may also check out ways to increase your viewership using trusted sites that let you do so.
Buy YouTube views fast and cheap and enjoy instant popularity by following just a few steps.
How to Message Someone on YouTube
As highlighted in the introduction, sending a direct message to another YouTube user is still not possible on the app.
On the other hand, brands and fans can still reach out to their favorite YouTuber by sending an email message through social media platforms linked to accounts.
These are fast and efficient ways to increase rapport with content creators and possibly engage in a collaboration in the future.
Here is a guide on how to message someone on YouTube:
1. Go to YouTube’s official website or download its dedicated app from Play Store or App Store, depending on which service provider you are using.
2. Enter your YouTube login credentials which is the same as your Google Account
3. Once already on YouTube’s homepage, there are three courses of action you can choose from to find the person you want to message:
- Scroll down on the videos found on your homepage. Often, the content creators you watch often are on the suggestions
- Click on the ‘subscriptions’ tab found on the lower part of your screen. Swipe through the channels you have subscribed in
- Make use of the search bar and directly type the username of the YouTuber you want to send a message
4. After finding your intended receiver, click on their username and swipe to the left until you reach the ‘About’ tab
5. Most of the time, the channel owner’s email address/es is detailed in the description.
Make it a habit to read the description as this contains relevant information on how to establish direct contact through email.
6. In some cases, channel owners also provide a business inquiry email which you can view and message by clicking ‘View Email Address.’
In case this button is not available, it means the channel did not provide one
7. Below the description, you will see the links to the social media pages.
Click on any or all of them and send a message directly to your intended receiver using any of their socials
This is how to message someone on YouTube.
While the platform still does now allow users to directly converse with each other within its boundaries, messaging is still convenient as email addresses and social media accounts are readily linked and indicated.
Using YouTube Live Chat to Send a Message
Meanwhile, there is another get your way into a channel’s inbox as fast as sending a direct message, or even faster, through YouTube Live Chat.
However, this is only available during live streams. Users cannot post a chat after the stream has ended.
This is how to send a live chat on live streams:
1. Go to a channel airing a live stream
2. Click on the tab labeled ‘Say Something’ and type your message
3. Click ‘Send’ and your message will be posted publicly. The owner of the live stream along with other viewers can read your message after sending
4. When someone has mentioned you during a stream, you can reply by directly mentioning their username on your comment/live chat.
To do this, type ‘@’ followed by the username of the person you intend to reply to and click their name among the choices of usernames that will pop up.
Type your message and click ‘Send’
Take note that live chat messages are limited to only 200 characters so make sure to maximize this length to get your thoughts across.
Similarly, some channel owners limit live chat participation to members or subscribers only.
Interacting Using YouTube Community Post
As YouTube continues to find innovative ways to help content creators interact with their audience better, even without the presence of direct messaging, the app has introduced creative features on its ‘Community’ tab.
Among these are images, videos, polls, and other content that users can comment on and participate freely, getting them involved in the discussion.
Here is how to reply to posts on a channel’s Community tab using the YouTube app:
1. Open the YouTube app and enter your login credentials
2. To go to the channel you are intending to comment on, simply type its name on the search bar or find them using the ‘Subscription’ tab found at the bottom of your screen
3. Click the channel’s profile and swipe to the left until you see the tab labeled ‘Community’
4. Tap on the ‘Community’ tab to see all the creator’s posts from the past to the latest
5. Whether it is a photo, video, poll, or a plain text, you can comment by clicking on the ‘Comment’ icon or the message symbol found on the rear right corner of the post
6. Fill the ‘Add a comment’ tab with your message which could be a simple emoji, an answer to a community poll, or question
7. Click on the arrow sign on the right side of the comment to post your insight. This is how to post a comment and answer questions on the Community page
To end, direct messaging on YouTube remains out of reach for users for now.
But the platform is constantly discovering new and creative ways to get content creators and their audience engaged with one other with the use of live chats and Community posts, among others.
We hope to see you back on this post once you look for ways how to message someone on YouTube in the future.
Remember, there are many ways to do it and only the people who have read this guide will know how to get around this seemingly impossible way of messaging someone on the video streaming platform.
Don’t keep this a secret and help others communicate better on YouTube.