If you use NordVPN, you know how remarkable it is. One of the best premium VPN services in the market that provides high-quality connection and speed.
However, still many people experience connectivity issues with it.
They freak out and start bombarding complaints on the support team even when they can solve the issues with a click of a few buttons.
This Is where this article comes in.
In this article, we’ll discuss why NordVPN behaves funny. We’ll also look into a step-by-step solution for all the problems.
Let’s get started…
Check the Status of Your NordVPN Account
We’ll start by making sure the status of your NordVPN account is up-to-date.
This Is because if there’s a problem with your account, like an inactive status, this prevents the VPN from functioning properly.
So, how can you solve this problem?
You can check status of your NordVPN account by following the steps stated below:
- Open the official website of NordVPN and login to your account.
- Navigate to the “Dashboard” > “My Services”. Here, you can check your subscription status.
- Check if the status is active. If it isn’t, then renew your subscription.
Now, run the VPN again.
Unsuccessful logins also cause problems with the VPN. Hence, make sure you have logged into your account properly.
- Open NordVPN and carefully enter your credential to login.
- Navigate to the right corner and click on “My Account”.
- Now, check if it’s your account you logged into.
- Now, you’re good to go.
Remove and Reinstall NordVPN
One best fix that solves almost every problem is updating the application. Updates fix bugs and improve the performance of applications.
Hence, if you’re using an old version, you need to update it.
- First uninstall the NordVPN and find the latest version.
- Reboot your device and download the updated version.
This’s one of the most effective solutions you can implement.
Check the Status of Your Internet Connection
Yes, this’s a problem faced and ignored by many. Having a stable internet connection is the foundation on which the VPN works.
Hence, if your connection is terrible, then you need to fix it before running the VPN.
- You can start by disconnecting from any VPN you’re using.
- Enter a URL and do a search.
- If you’re successful in opening the URL, then your internet connection is fine.
- If not, then you need to fix your connection.
How to Fix the Internet Connection?
If you’re using a Windows machine, then:
- Navigate to the “Control Panel”.
- Click on “Network and Internet,” > “Change Adapter Settings.”
- Right-click on the currently active connection > “Properties”.
- Go to “Network Tab,” > “Obtain DNS server address automatically,” > “OK.”
This must fix your internet connection.
You can also reset your network settings for Android and IOS devices.
Disable Your Firewall
Windows offers its Firewall to protect your device from malicious programs and viruses. It scans through your entire library and blocks suspicious applications.
Hence, there’s a probability that the Firewall identifies NordVPN as a threat.
You can solve this issue by temporarily disabling the Windows Firewall.
- Navigate to the “Control Panel,” > “System and Security.”
- Now, switch off the Windows Defender Firewall for both Private and Public network settings.
- Refresh the window and run the VPN again. This is a quick fix that works a lot.
Disable Your Antivirus
The antivirus on your device works similar to the Windows Firewall.
Except it’s a dedicated program you need to purchase to protect your device from threats.
This means antivirus blocks applications like VPNs, which is another reason the Nord VPN isn’t functioning properly.
- Navigate to the main panel of the installed antivirus > “Settings”.
- Disable the antivirus and close the panel.
Now, you’re good to go.
Include NordVPN in the Antivirus Whitelist
Another method you can choose to protect the NordVPN from getting blocked from the antivirus is by adding the VPN to the antivirus Whitelist.
Whitelist is a list of applications/ programs that the antivirus ignores. So, how can you do this?
- Open the main panel of the installed antivirus > settings.
- Now, look for “Exceptions” or “Whitelists” and add NordVPN to the list.
Now, run the VPN again.
Switch to Another Protocol
This is another quick solution that helps. You can apply this for Android, iOS, Windows and macOS devices.
Switching to another protocol fixes the NordVPN.
How to Switch to Another Protocol?
- Open NordVPN.
- Click on the cog icon > “Auto-Connect,” > switch off “Choose a VPN Protocol and server automatically.”
- Choose “UDP” or “TCP”.
This will help you switch to another protocol.
Switch to Another VPN Server Location
Now, if the previous solution doesn’t work, you can try switching to Another VPN Server Location.
Location of your IP is a critical factor in determining a stable VPN connection. Hence, if the current location isn’t working, you can try another.
- Open NordVPN > “Countries”.
- Now, choose a country from the list.
This will switch your VPN server location.
Restart the TAP Adapter
Sometimes an error message pops saying there’s something wrong with the TAP Adapter.
You can solve this by following the steps:
- Navigate to the “Control Panel,” > “Network and Internet,” > “Network and Sharing Center,” > “Change Adapter settings.”
- Now, right-click on the active connection > “Properties,” > “Networking tab” > “TAP-NordVPN Windows Adapter” > “Disable.”
- Wait for a few seconds and then right click on “TAP-NordVPN Windows Adapter” > “Enable”.
This way, you can solve the TAP adapter issue. You can also uninstall the adapter and reinstall it from the NordVPN website.
Now, this is all you can do to fix the NordVPN. But if you still face problems, try contacting the support team.
There you have it. You can apply these solutions to fix your NordVPN if it isn’t working.
This article covers everything you can do to fix NordVPN and smoothly run the VPN, but you can always contact the NordVPN support team.
You can’t go wrong with these solutions.