Want to know how to delete Twitter search suggestion?
If you have been using Twitter for a while now, then there’s a good chance that you have come across content that you don’t really want to see.
Yes, Twitter has a wealth of information, but some of this information is either irrelevant, or just straight up bizarre.
If you feel like the last few times you’ve been on Twitter you have been suggested stuff that has nothing to do with what your interests are, that you don’t plan on clicking on, then you might want to learn how to delete Twitter search suggestion.
Let’s take a look.
How to Delete Twitter Search Suggestion
As well as it being frustrating when you’re suggested things you aren’t interested in on Twitter, it also isn’t a good look if you are being suggested content that is considered unacceptable.
Of course, your social proof when it comes to your Twitter profile is really important, and if you want to maintain this credibility, you’ve got to really think about what you’re being suggested by Twitter, and how this reflects your Twitter profile in general.
- How to delete Twitter search suggestion on desktop
- Log into your Twitter profile through your web browser.
- At the top of the screen, you will see a search box. Select this.
- When you select it, all the searches that you have made in the past are going to come up.
- From here, all you need to do is hover your mouse over a search that you want to delete.
- Select the cross icon that you will see beside the search item. You can also select the delete icon if you want to be able to get rid of all of your past searches.
- How to delete Twitter search suggestion on the app
- First, you will need to access the Twitter app through your mobile phone.
- When you are in the app, you are going to see a magnifying glass icon. Select this.
- Now, you are going to see the option for being able to search Twitter that will come up at the top of your screen.
- Select this. It is going to show you all of the recent searches that you have made.
- From this list, hold down on the search that you want to delete. If you want to delete all of your searches, select the x icon.
- You will see a prompt on your screen which will ask you if you want to delete the searches. Select ‘yes’.
- All of your searches are going to be deleted, and this can’t be undone.
Growing Your Twitter Profile
As you can see, it isn’t actually all that difficult to work out how to delete your Twitter search suggestions, and the good news is that you can do this either through your desktop or on your mobile phone.
It really all comes down to where you access Twitter the most.
As well as being able to delete your Twitter search suggestion, it’s also really important that you think about your engagement strategy.
Your engagement strategy is a really important aspect of your Twitter profile in general, and if you are a business, you will want to do everything that you can to increase your credibility.
This is why we suggest that you make the most of a third party company to buy real Twitter followers, so that you can keep on top of your engagement strategy, as well as your search history.
How Can I Stop Suggesting Topics on Twitter?
Now that we have worked out how to delete your Twitter search suggestion, if you wish to get rid of suggesting topics when it comes to Twitter, you can select the ‘stop suggesting topics’ option that you’ll see to the left of your profile.
This is going to prevent you from recommending topics for other people to look at. If you want to turn this on again, you can select the ‘start suggesting topics’ option.
How Does Twitter Search Suggestions Work?
Twitter determines its search suggestions based on previous searches that you have executed.
They also consider what other people are looking for.
Their suggestions are put in order of the chances of you selecting them, so the ones that are suggested first are going to be the ones that Twitter believes you are highly likely to select.
How Long Is a Twitter Search Suggestion Ban?
When it comes to Google, a search suggestion ban is going to last for 90 days.
Don’t underestimate the importance of being able to delete your Twitter search suggestions.
At the end of the day, what you might have searched for in the past is old news, which means that it doesn’t necessarily reflect what you would like to search for now.
To maintain the credibility of a Twitter profile, it’s important you keep on top of things like this, so that you’re always updating and improving your Twitter account in general.
Work out how to delete Twitter search suggestion and stay ahead of the pack as far as competition goes.