For those who are curious to know how to cancel Surfshark subscriptions and get a refund, this article is for you.
One of the award-winning VPNs that offers advanced privacy and security among internet users and prevents them from online tracking is Surfshark.
This VPN service changes IP address, secures an untraceable ISP, encrypts internet activity, secures digital identity, and blocks ads.
Currently, Surfshark has over 3,200 server networks across 95 countries worldwide.
In 2020, it was revealed that Surfshark was continuously growing fast and reached its first million paying subscribers in just 30 days.
How to Cancel Surfshark Subscription in 2023
There’s a few steps involved in canceling a Surfshark subscription.
Surfshark’s subscription plan is one of the cheapest VPNs with premium features.
Aside from that, it offers a 30-day money-back guarantee for its subscribers to ensure that the service is on top of the line.
However, there are still some users who prefer to cancel their subscriptions. Unsatisfied subscribers have the right to request a refund within 30 days from the date of purchase.
Before granting a refund, Surfshark will try to solve any problem encountered.
Here is an easy way to cancel Surfshark subscription and stop future charges:
- On a web browser, visit https://surfshark.com/
- Contact Surfshark’s 24/7 customer support by clicking “Support” at the lower right of the screen
- Input name, email, and concern. Inform them about the cancellation of recurring payments through live chat
- Aside from informing them through live chat, users can also send an email at [email protected]
- Ask for a refund if the cancellation is within 30 days from the date of purchase
- Customer support will ask for the reasons for the cancellation and will try to solve the concern
- The team will approve the request for cancellation and will provide an estimated date to receive the refund
If the user purchased the subscription plan through App Store or iTunes, the process of the cancellation goes differently.
However, purchasing through App Store or iTunes will not grant a refund since the subscriptions are subject to Apple or iTunes refund policy.
How to Cancel Surfshark Subscription on iOS Devices
Here is another way to cancel Surfshark subscription on iOS:
- On the device’s screen, search “Settings” and click it to open
- Click the name at the top most of the settings menu
- Click “Subscription”
- Select the Surfshark subscription
- Click “Cancel Subscription” and continue canceling the Surfshark account
Other users purchased the Surfshark subscription plan through Google Play Store. The process of cancellation is almost the same as with App Store or iTunes.
Uninstalling the Surfshark app from the device will not cancel the subscription.
Surfshark will continue charging the registered subscriber unless the subscription is canceled correctly.
How to Cancel Surfshark Subscription on Android Devices
Here are the steps to cancel Surfshark subscription from the Google Play Store:
- Search for the Google Play Store on an Android phone and click it to open
- Sign in to the Google account and click “My Subscriptions”
- Select the Surfshark subscription
- Click “Manage” and choose “Cancel Subscription”
How to Cancel Surfshark Subscription on macOS
For all users using Mac, make sure to use the same username and ID when managing the account used.
Canceling using a different ID will not allow it since it will request the signed-in ID.
Here is how to cancel the subscription on Mac:
- Click “App Store”
- Click the name or “Sign In”
- Select “Account Settings”
- Find “Subscriptions” and click “Manager”
- Select “Edit” beside the app
- Click “Cancel Subscription”
Some Reminders Before You Cancel Your Surfshark Subscription
Always put in mind these tips before canceling the Surfshark Subscription:
- Cancel all free trials at least 24 hours before expiration since subscription plans are automatically renewed after the free trial and will continuously charge the registered account
- A canceled subscription will lose the remaining days of a free trial, make sure to maximize the free trial period
Once the subscription was canceled, users delete or shut down the whole account to remove the payment details including the debit or credit card.
Surfshark Subscription Plan
Currently, Surfshark has over 3,200 servers in 95 countries around the world.
A single Surfshark subscription account allows unlimited installs, with the average number of devices per account being 5 to 10 devices.
Surfshark is one of the most affordable VPNs worldwide. It offers it’s “Surfshark VPN Plan” priced at $2.49 per month for the first 24 months.
This plan includes a no-log policy, advanced security features, fast content delivery, access from unlimited devices, a 30-day money-back guarantee, and 24/7 customer support.
Another plan is the “Surfshark One Plan” priced at $3.98 per month.
It has the same inclusions as the Surfshark VPN Plan with additional real-time alerts, antivirus, changing digital location features, getting organic results, and removal of spam and harmful files.
How to Change Surfshark Payment Method
Updating Surfshark’s payment method every time the user’s credit card or debit card expires is one of the best things to do to have a smooth Surfshark experience.
Here is a simple way to update the payment method on the Surfshark account:
- Visit https://surfshark.com/
- Input registered email and password
- Log in to the registered account
- Click “Subscription” at the top right corner of the screen
- Find “Payment Settings”
- Click “Edit” to update the payment method
Virtual Private Networks like Surfshark are becoming more popular these days. In an estimated ratio, about one out of three internet users worldwide use a VPN.
The global VPN market was approximately $25.41 billion in 2019 and is expected to reach around $75.59 billion in 2027.
It is growing at a compound annual growth rate of 14.7% from 2020 until 2027.
Subscribing to a VPN will advance internet users’ information security and privacy.
It adds protection to searches, safely accesses content like movies on Netflix, and secures untraceable ISP.
This will ensure its users’ protection and security against the growing number of data breaches.
According to a survey, people usually use Surfshark for security, privacy, streaming, accessing content, travel, gaming, and work purposes.
Despite the advantages of using a Surfshark VPN, some users prefer canceling a subscription.
A few reasons are the monthly subscription cost, increase in data usage, and unsatisfactory experience.
Always remember that uninstalling the app without canceling the subscription will renew and continue to charge the registered user account.
Make sure to cancel the Surfshark subscription and request to shut down the payment method details.
Thanks for reading our article on how to cancel Surfshark subscription in 2023.