Curious about how to cancel ProtonVPN Subscription in 2023? This article is for you.
ProtonVPN is a high-speed Swiss VPN service that protects the privacy and keeps all data confidential and safe.
It has the best encryption, access to any content, no activity log, and allows the internet without surveillance.
This VPN service runs multiple servers, about 1,746 servers across 64 countries, and protect approximately 70 million people around the globe.
How to Cancel ProtonVPN Subscription in 2023
ProtonVPN is one of the largest VPN networks in the world.
It offers secured global VPN servers, advanced security and privacy, up to 10 Gbps server network, a no-logs policy, buffer-free streaming, unlimited bandwidth, and a VPN accelerator.
Despite the unique features and usage of ProtonVPN, some subscribers do not want to continue the service.
Some look for other VPN services with a cheaper price and better security features.
Always consider canceling the subscription before uninstalling the app and getting new VPN services to avoid monthly charges.
Here is how to cancel ProtonVPN Subscription in 2023:
- On a web browser, visit https://protonvpn.com/
- Sign in to the registered account
- Click “Sign in” at the upper right corner of the page by using the registered email and password
- Select “Billing” on the Dashboard
- Click “Downgrade account” at the lower left corner of the page
- Click “Downgrade” to downgrade the account to a free plan. Downgrading the plan will cancel the subscription and grant a refund
- After confirming the downgrade, ProtonVPN will add a credit for the unused subscription
- Contact customer support by clicking “CONTACT OUR CUSTOMER SUPPORT TEAM” at the lower right of the support page or go to https://protonvpn.com/support-form
- Fill out the support ticket
- Input “Credit Refund” in the subject
- Inform them that you downgraded your subscription and claim a refund
- Click “Send Support Request”
- ProtonVPN customer support team will reach out through email. Wait for their response within 24 hours
- Reply to their email why you are canceling the subscription and request a refund
- Wait for the confirmation email at least 24 hours after responding to their email
- A refund will be processed within 3 to 10 days and will be in your bank account.
Another way to request a cancelation and a refund is through email. Here is how:
- Open the email app
- Input “Refund request” as the subject and mention the reason why you are canceling the subscription and request a refund
- Send it to [email protected]
- Wait for their reply within 24 hours
- After confirmation, a refund will be processed
- Receive a refund within 14 days after confirmation.
Other subscribers prefer to purchase ProtonVPN on the App Store. In this way, canceling the subscription will be on the iOS device.
Requesting a refund will be subject to the refund policy of Apple.
Canceling ProtonVPN Subscription on iOS Devices
Here is a simple way to cancel ProtonVPN subscription on iOS:
- On the iOS device, find “Settings”
- Tap the Apple ID profile and click the name at the top most of the settings menu
- Click “Subscriptions”
- Find the ProtonVPN subscription and click it
- Click “Cancel Subscription”
The following steps will help you request a refund from Apple:
- Sign in to reportaproblem.apple.com using the registered Apple account
- Select “Request a refund” in the “I’d like to…” box
- Choose a reason for the request in the “Tell us more…” box. Make sure to mention the 30-day money-back guarantee of ProtonVPN
- Click “Next”, then submit
Aside from the App Store on iOS devices, other subscribers use Google Play Store on Android devices to purchase ProtonVPN.
Canceling the subscription on Android devices is nearly similar when canceling the subscription on iOS devices.
Always remember to cancel the subscription before uninstalling the ProtonVPN app.
Canceling ProtonVPN Subscription on Android Devices
Here are the steps on how to cancel ProtonVPN subscription on Google Play Store and request a refund:
- On the Android device, search the Google Play Store and click it
- Log in to the registered Google account
- Click the Profile icon located beside the search bar, and click “Payment & Subscriptions”
- Click “Subscriptions”
- Look for the ProtonVPN subscription and click it
- Click “Manage” and choose “Cancel Subscription”
- Input a reason for cancellation
- After requesting for cancelation, click “Account”
- Click “Purchase History” on the Account menu
- Look for the ProtonVPN purchase, and select “Request a refund”
- Fill out the form and input the reason why you are requesting a refund
Several users of ProtonVPN signed in through Mac devices. In this way, the cancellation will be on the App Store. Use the same username or ID in managing the account for better service and a smooth process.
Canceling ProtonVPN Subscription on macOS
Here is how to cancel the ProtonVPN Subscription on Mac devices:
- On Mac devices, go to the App Store
- Select the registered account name
- Click “View Information”
- Tap “Subscriptions” and choose “Manage”
- Click “Edit” beside the subscription
- Click “Cancel Subscription”
ProtonVPN Subscription Plan
At present, ProtonVPN offers 1,746 server networks in 64 countries. One account allows up to 10 connections.
This VPN provides free service with more than 100 servers across 3 countries, 1 VPN connection, medium VPN speed, and no activity logs.
For exclusive features that guarantee digital freedom, subscribe to their premium plans.
These plans include high VPN speed, no logs, seamless streaming, P2P, NetShield ad-blocker and malware, Tor over VPN, and Secure Core servers.
The 2-year plan is 4.99 € per month for the first 2 years or 119.76 € for the whole 2-year period.
While the 1-year plan costs 5.99 € per month for the first year or 71.88 € for the whole year period, and the 1-month plan is priced at 9.99 € per month.
All plans have a 30-day money-back guarantee and 24/7 customer support service to ensure the best experience while using it.
Some Reminders Before You Cancel Your ProtonVPN Subscription
Remember these tips before canceling the ProtonVPN subscription:
- Claim a refund within 30 days of purchase
- Cancel the subscription at least a day before expiration since subscription plans are automatically renewed after the duration of the cycle and will have recurring charges
- A canceled subscription will lose the remaining days of the subscription, make sure to request a refund for the unused days
- Check ProtonVPN’s terms of service to know the cancelation and refund policy
ProtonVPN safeguards its users’ privacy and security with unique features such as a secure core, perfect forward secrecy, NetShield, no-log policy, and Tor anonymity.
However, some subscribers choose to cancel the subscription and stop the service due to unsatisfactory experiences and high monthly payments.
Canceling the subscription will stop future charges, while the remaining days from the subscription can be refunded by requesting a refund.