If you have signed up and paid for a LinkedIn premium account, then you might regret it at some point and want to reverse your decision. If this is the case, then we have the answers.
Let’s take a look at how to cancel a premium account on LinkedIn.
How to Cancel a Premium Account on LinkedIn in 2023
- Open LinkedIn in your internet browser. Sign in if you haven’t done so.
- Select the ‘me’ tab on the right-hand side, where you will see your profile picture.
- Select ‘settings and privacy’. This will be in the drop-down menu below ‘me’.
- Select the ‘account’ tab. This will be on the left side near the top of your page.
- Select ‘subscriptions’. This will be on the left side of your page underneath the ‘basics’ and ‘third parties’ options.
- Select ‘manage premium account’. This can be found almost at the end of your page.
- Select ‘cancel subscription’. This will be underneath the ‘account type’ option. If you have purchased your subscription through Apple, then you will need to cancel it through the iTunes store instead.
- Choose your reason for cancelling. There will be a number of options for you to choose from.
- Select ‘continue’. This will be at the bottom right of the screen.
- Select ‘cancel my subscription’. This is the blue button down towards the end of the screen. This will cancel your premium subscription and you won’t be billed further.
- Select ‘go to my homepage’. After this, you will be able to get rid of your LinkedIn account if you want.
Cancelling Through Apple Subscriptions
- Open your settings on your iPhone.
- Scroll down and select ‘iTunes and App Store’.
- Select your Apple ID. It will be at the end of the screen. If you aren’t logged in already, you will need to do so.
- Select ‘view apple ID’.
- Type in your Apple ID password. You can also scan your fingerprint if you use Apple ID touch.
- Select ‘subscriptions’ at the bottom of your screen.
- Select your LinkedIn premium subscription.
- Select ‘cancel subscription’. It will be at the bottom of your page.
- Select ‘confirm’ when the prompt appears. This will remove your premium account from your Apple subscriptions, and you won’t be billed further.
What is LinkedIn?
LinkedIn is an online service that is tailored to professionals, and it operates through mobile apps and websites.
It was launched back in 2003, and it is primarily used for career development and professional networking.
This means that if you are a professional in your industry, you can connect with other professionals in the same industry as you, and you can also look for a new job, if you have recently left your old one.
It is one of the only social media networks in the world that is catered mostly to professionals, who are able to showcase their skills and talents, and give their connections an insight into their professional history.
What Is a Premium Account on LinkedIn?
A premium LinkedIn account is an account where you’re going to be able to find like-minded individuals within your community and seek out the jobs that you are trying to get, on another scale.
Of course, you can do all of this with the free LinkedIn profile, which is why a lot of people quickly decide to go back to the free version.
However, there are other people out there that have specific goals when it comes to being on LinkedIn in general and find that the premium account on LinkedIn caters to these.
In general though, using a premium LinkedIn account isn’t going to be worth your time, unless you are trying to achieve something very specific.
Why Would I Want to Learn how Cancel My Premium Account on LinkedIn?
The issue with a premium account on LinkedIn is that the fee that you are going to pay for it is considered a vanity cost.
This means that you aren’t really paying for anything that you can’t really get with the free LinkedIn profile, so generally speaking, it is seen as a bit of a waste of money.
You might want to try it out initially, when you first sign up for LinkedIn, but you will soon come to realize that you can get just as much out of a free LinkedIn profile as you can with the premium one.
LinkedIn is a really useful social media platform to use if you are a professional, and you are trying to connect with other professionals in your industry.
It is also a really useful platform if you are currently unemployed, and you are trying to find a new job within your industry as well.
It is the virtual way to showcase your CV, and either be proactive about finding a job yourself, or waiting for somebody to reach out to you.
LinkedIn is also a really great place to keep all of your past job information, so if somebody asks for it at some point, you can simply give them a link to your LinkedIn profile.
However, as far as using premium LinkedIn, we don’t think that you are going to get that much more out of this paid version.
This is why we think it is pretty important to work out how to cancel a premium account on LinkedIn, so that you can save yourself some money, and still achieve the same goals.