The age-restricted videos on YouTube are pretty difficult to access if you don’t have an account on this platform. However, you can still access them through a few techniques that bypass restrictions such as this as listed in this article.
As per YouTube’s policy, you cannot watch some videos that are not suitable for some age groups. This is for several reasons.
If you want to watch such age-sensitive clips, then you have to log into your Google account so that YouTube can know your age.
But, if you want to watch age-restricted videos without signing in or making an account on YouTube, then you can do so through a few methods.
YouTube has caught many methods earlier that were used to bypass this age gate; for example, watching through embedded videos and NSFW YouTube.
Still, we have made a list of a few great ways that can help you to avoid YouTube’s age restriction policy.
Use FreeTube for PC or Mac
You can use FreeTube to watch age-restricted content on your Mac or Windows computer. It’s simple to use plus does not have any advertisements.
Plus, you can download it without any fees. In order to use this program, follow the steps mentioned below:
- First, you have to go to the official website of FreeTube and then download the program for the specific computer you are using.
- Then, just download your content and if required, extract them.
- After this, launch FreeTube and then paste the age-restricted video’s URL. Now, you can watch the video.
With FreeTube, you can also make playlists, subscribe to YouTube channels, and watch the most trending and popular videos on YouTube.
Use NewPipe for Android
You can view age-restricted content on your smartphone with the help of NewPipe. In order to use it, you must download it as an APK document since it’s not available on the PlayStore.
For this, follow the below-mentioned steps:
- First, you have to start the internet browser on your mobile device and navigate to the page of Team NewPipe Github.
- Then, you must download the program’s latest version.
- After this, you have to set up the app from the ‘Downloads’ section.
- Then, look for the content you wish to watch.
You need to make sure that you download the software’s latest update that is provided on the Github page, particularly if the video you want to watch doesn’t start instantly.
For further assistance, you can visit the website of Team NewPipe.
Listen on Repeat
You can avoid YouTube’s age limitations by modifying the link. For this, you can use Youtube’s feature of ‘Listen on Repeat.’
Do as follows to use this feature:
- First, you must visit the restricted video.
- There, you will see the video’s address in the address tab provided at the page’s top. It will be something similar to “https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ApRGN.”
- You have to add “repeat” following “YouTube” in the link, which will make similar to “https://www.youtuberepeat.com/embed/ApRGN.”
- Now, you can play the video.
In case, the video doesn’t play with this method, then you can also watch it on the ‘Listen on Repeat’ site by searching it using the search box provided at the page’s top.
You can also use proxy sites in order to watch age-sensitive or censored videos on YouTube.
However, you should use this method at your own risk since it’s not as safe as the other methods listed here.
Therefore, we do not recommend using this method. Still, if you would like to use it, there are several proxy websites you can choose from.
Do as follows:
- First, you need to go to the restricted video you want to watch. Here, you can see the video’s address in the address tab.
- After this, click on the plus sign to open a new tab on the same browser.
- Then, open a proxy website in the address tab of the new page.
- Now, you have to copy the link that you saw in the first step and paste it into the tab of ‘Enter URL’ of the proxy site.
- After this, just click on ‘GO.’
You can also circumvent the age restrictions of YouTube by entering a few letters at the beginning of the URL.
For this, you have to do as follows:
- First, visit the restricted video you want to watch.
- Now, you can see the video’s link in the address tab.
- There, you have to add ‘PWN’ as a prefix for ‘youtube,’ that is, after ‘www’ and before the word ‘youtube’ in the address tab.
- Then, you only have to hit the ‘Enter’ button in order to see the clip.
Here, you must note that with this method, you would be changing the YouTube website to deturl.
Among these, FreeTube is the most reliable choice as it is safe to use for bypassing the age restriction policy of Youtube.
You can use the above-mentioned methods on your PC, smartphone, or tablet as per your convenience.