Quick Answer 🔍How many people use Trustpilot in 2024?
There are 32,000 firms using the site globally.
For those who are curious about how many people use Trustpilot in 2024, this article is made just for you.
Customer reviews are everything. But not every review site can be trusted—some are plagued with misleading information and fake ratings.
This is exactly the gap Trustpilot wants to address.
The company envisions making itself a symbol of trust by bridging customers and business through a genuine feedback mechanism where both parties will benefit.
But over the years, many review sites have been involved in several plots which allow fake accounts to post fake reviews to fulfill self-serving purposes.
This has negatively affected people’s perception of sites operating in this kind of business.
How Many People Use Trustpilot in 2024?
Since its founding in 2007, Trustpilot has established itself as a trusted platform in more than 65 countries worldwide.
While there is no specific data detailing the exact figures about how many people use Trustpilot in 2022, data shows there are close to 32,000 firms using the site globally.
Some of the top websites using Trustpilot include godaddy.com, ziprecruiter.com, linkrt.ee, and rakuten.com
Trustpilot’s Website Ranking
According to data from SimilarWeb, trustpilot.com generates 45 million monthly visits globally.
The site secured the #2 spot in the finance sector in the United Kingdom and ranks #225 among all websites in the country.
Below is the website’s average number of monthly visits from April to June 2022.
- April – 42.8 million monthly visits
- May – 45.2 million monthly visits
- June – 45.0 million monthly visits
An average visitor spends two minutes of their time going through Trustpilot’s content. Moreover, the average number of pages clicked per visit is two pages.
Leading Countries Using Trustpilot
Although Trustpilot is founded in Denmark way back in 2007, the platform is not as popular in its home country as compared to other nations in Europe.
Among the leading countries with the highest number of Trustpilot users are from the region, except the United States.
- United Kingdom – the country is home to 22.94% of all Trustpilot users worldwide
- United States – the country is home to 15.89% of all Trustpilot users worldwide
- Germany – the country is home to 8.14% of all Trustpilot users worldwide
- France – the country is home to 7.04% of all Trustpilot users worldwide
- Italy – the country is home to 6.09% of all Trustpilot users worldwide
- Other countries – occupy 39.92% of the total number of Trustpilot users worldwide
Number of Companies Using Trustpilot per Country
Below is the list detailing the number of companies using Trustpilot in countries that generated the highest number of Trustpilot users.
- United Kingdom – 8,900 companies
- United States – 8,100 companies
- Denmark – 2,000 companies
- Netherlands – 1,500 companies
- France – 1,100 companies
Trustpilot User Demographics
Trustpilot appeals to different people from across all age groups and genders. Below is data on the number of Trustpilot users per age cluster.
- 18 to 24 years old – 17.09% of all users come from this age group
- 25 to 34 years old – 29.10% of all users come from this age group
- 35 to 44 years old – 21.24% of all users come from this age group
- 45 to 54 years old – 15.31% of all users come from this age group
- 55 to 64 years old – 10.13% of all users come from this age group
- More than 65 years old – 7.13% of all users come from this age group
In terms of age demographics, the age group that ranges from 25 to 34 years old has the highest number of Trustpilot users. This cluster occupies 29.10% of the total.
Moreover, there are more male users on the site compared to female users.
Men make up 59.46% of Trustpilot’s user pool, higher than the 40.56% occupied by their women counterparts.
Trustpilot and their Fake Review Dilemma
Despite aiming to become the most trusted review platform all across the board, the company is still yet to work on counteracting fake reviews.
In 2020, Trustpilot reported having removed 2.2 million fake reviews. This is the first transparency update released since the company’s founding in 2007.
Such a figure occupies a significant percentage out of all the 40 million reviews posted on the site during the year.
The company had to take down nearly 700,000 fake reviews manually which its fraud detection site failed to detect.
The technology managed to take down 1.5 million suspicious reviews, 469,000 of which came from reports from businesses while 90,000 have been generated from customer complaints.
Spotting Fake Reviews
Spotting fake reviews on Trustpilot is harder than you think. But there is a way to get around this roadblock.
The most obvious way to detect one is the use of too-structured sentence formation but bad grammar.
What does this mean? It means the sentence looks like a scripted line out of a movie but the grammar is badly put.
Similarly, one should keep a keen eye on reviews that are too good to be true.
Companies are willing to pay people to write a well-constructed, honeyed review to entice customers.
Aside from grammar-related standards, you can also use the star distribution and review source section of business pages.
Filter the search response to “organic” to get rid of untrustworthy reviews from outside leads.
Top Industries Using Trustpilot
Take a look at the top industries using Trustpilot for their business needs.
The retail industry leads all the sectors, followed by financial services and computer software next.
- Retail industry – 4,018 companies in the industry use Trustpilot
- Financial services industry – 1,218 companies in the industry use Trustpilot
- Computer software industry – 1,083 companies in the industry use Trustpilot
- Construction industry – 818 companies in the industry use Trustpilot
- Wholesale industry – 788 companies in the industry use Trustpilot
- Leisure and Travel industry – 787 companies in the industry use Trustpilot
- Automotive industry – 773 companies in the industry use Trustpilot
- Real estate industry – 611 companies in the industry use Trustpilot
- IT industry – 605 companies in the industry use Trustpilot
Review sites like Trustpilot are becoming relevant in today’s society.
They greatly influence consumers’ perception of a brand, including their decision to purchase an enterprise’s products and services.
On the other hand, the rise of fake reviews poses a risk to users’ ability to trust review websites.
Luckily, Trustpilot has taken down more than 2 million sketchy ratings back in 2020 to establish its credibility and move closer to its goal of becoming a trusted platform for genuine and trustworthy reviews.
Thank you for reading our article on how many people use Trustpilot in 2024.