Virtually every Instagrammer wonders if what they are doing at certain moments is worth sharing.
Even the top Instagrammers sometimes share things that don’t go viral, which is the main goal on this social media platform.
With all the posts that are submitted to Instagram, just how many Instagram posts are there?
The average is 95 million per day, almost 3 billion per month, and an average of 34,675 billion per year.
But these numbers depend on a few factors, we will discuss that in-depth below. How many Instagram posts are there is both a subjective and a quantitative number.
It depends on the who, what, when, where, why, and how posts are created and shared. There are plenty of statistics and facts related to Instagram posts.
How many Instagram posts are there? What’s the best time to post on Instagram? Who posts the most on Instagram?
What’s the most popular type of posts on Instagram. What makes an Instagram post go viral? What kinds of content can you post on Instagram?
These are all legitimate questions that you should be asking, especially when you are an influencer or an aspiring influencer. The same is true for brands, businesses, and organizations.
Whether you’re just getting started on Instagram, or you are already a veteran user, you can benefit from the following data about how many Instagram posts are there on the platform.
How Many Instagram Posts are There?
Let’s get right to it and discuss some facts and numbers about Instagram posts.
Instagram has 1.22 billion monthly active users. That number is growing, which will likely be revealed over the next year.
1,074 photos are uploaded to the platform every second. Let’s repeat that. 1,074 photos are uploaded to Instagram every second.
The number of daily Instagram posts is 95 million. That includes videos, photos, and any other form of visual content.
This number of daily Instagram posts comes from the 400 million daily users.
Taking the average for daily Instagram posts of 95 million, we can multiply by 365 days to get 34,675 billion posts per year.
We can then divide that by 12 to get a decent estimate of how many monthly posts are uploaded to Instagram monthly. That number is a little over 2,889,583 billion.
We can round up to get close to 3 billion posts as the estimated answer for how many Instagram posts are there uploaded monthly to the platform. Does that make sense?
As we estimated above, there are about 34,675 billion posts uploaded to Instagram each year. Imagine all that data!
So, how many Instagram posts are there? The average is 95 million per day, almost 3 billion per month, and an average of 34,675 billion per year.
Fun and Interesting Facts:
- Thus far, over 50 billion photos have been uploaded to the Instagram platform. This is data from 2021.
- About 5 million videos were uploaded in the first 24 hours in 2013 after the video feature was added to the platform.
- Of the 1.22 billion active monthly users on Instagram, 71% are under 35 years old.
- The potential advertising reach for Instagram is 1.6 billion Instagram users.
- 200 million-plus Instagram users visit a business profile every day.
- 70% of shoppers use Instagram to discover new products.
- Instagram is home to more than 500,000 active influencers.
- 55.4% of Instagram influencers use Sponsored campaigns and Instagram Stories for promoting products.
- 50% of Instagrammers use the Explore page each month.
- Women outnumber men on Instagram by more than double at 56.5%.
- In 2020, Instagram users spent around 30 minutes a day on the website.
- There are over 200 million businesses using Instagram.
- Hashtags, Instagram Reels, and Instagram Stories offer free ways to boost engagement.
- Data from 2019 shows that 80% of Instagram users make buying decisions based on what they discover on Instagram.
We all know how many Instagram posts are uploaded to the platform via various metrics, including daily, monthly, and yearly.
Hopefully, the information we have provides shows you how powerful and dynamic Instagram is for information sharing. The data that passes through this platform is astounding.
Let’s not forget that many of these billions of posts are also shared to other social media platforms like Facebook/Meta, TikTok, YouTube, WhatsApp, and more.
By engaging daily on Instagram and cross-promoting across social channels, a person can hit the 100,000 views that make their content viral faster and more easily.
We aren’t saying that getting a video or meme to go viral is easy or fast, but with multiple avenues for sharing nowadays, it helps boost engagement numbers.
Also, there are some Instagram users that buy engagement to force their content to go viral, but that data is for another article.
Whether you use Instagram for business or personal reasons, you can see how it empowers your voice, brand, and promotions.