Quick Answer 🔍How many customers does Salesforce have in 2022?
Salesforce has 150,000 customers.
Many businesses have migrated their operations to the cloud during the pandemic.
Software businesses like Salesforce experienced double-digit growth, making their stocks come under the radar of the market’s biggest investors.
In this article, you will find out how many customers does Salesforce have in 2022, the percentage of customers by country, and the company’s annual revenue from 2013 to 2022.
Continue reading to see other interesting facts about Salesforce.
How Many Customers Does Salesforce Have?
Let us now find out how many customers Salesforce has in 2022! According to the latest statistics released by the company, it has 150,000 customers.
The tech firm’s customer growth is steady and it aims to pull in more paying customers in the upcoming years ahead as it implements a strong growth strategy, which makes it the largest and the most dominant in the industry.
Salesforce Customers Satisfaction Rate
More than 58.00% of the entity’s customers stated that they have plans to integrate additional Salesforce clouds.
Also, its customer satisfaction rose by 35.00% after several companies switched to using Salesforce’s software.
Fortune 100 Companies and Salesforce
Besides, over 88.00% of Fortune 100 companies are using at least one application from Salesforce, which is a big deal as it shows that the largest and most successful players in the world of business see Salesforce as the best option for them.
In addition, 71.00% of the company’s customers are using applications from the AppExchange, which is part of the wider ecosystem that was set up by Salesforce.
Based on the firm’s latest ecosystem day, more than seven in ten of their customers are using AppExchange.
The Salesforce ecosystem is actually much larger than the entity itself, and that set to further increase.
Over the next few years, it is anticipated that the overall Salesforce ecosystem will grow to be five times bigger than the company.
It is one of the main reasons why many businesses choose Salesforce over the other options out there.
Percentage of Salesforce CRM Customers by Country in 2022
As of May 2022, roughly 50.00% of Salesforce customer relationship management (CRM) software customers are residing in the United States.
Some well-known Salesforce CRM customers include Walmart, UnitedHealth Group, and McKesson.
The software company’s main services are tools for task and issue management, which also include customer tracking abilities.
- 59.00% – Salesforce CRM customers located in the United States
- 16.50% – Salesforce CRM customers located in the United Kingdom
- 4.60% – Salesforce CRM customers located in France
- 3.20% – Salesforce CRM customers located in the Netherlands
- 2.60% – Salesforce CRM customers located in Germany
- 2.10% – Salesforce CRM customers located in Australia
- 1.30% – Salesforce CRM customers located in Canada
- 1.00% – Salesforce CRM customers located in Belgium
Percentage of Salesforce CRM Customers by Industry in 2022
According to a survey conducted by Statista Research Department in May 2022, approximately 30.00% of Salesforce customer relationship management (CRM) customers come from the professional services industry.
Other large segments of the data include manufacturing, banking, and financial services.
Based on the company, their CRM product is composed of different cloud services that help their customers in managing contact information and support sales, marketing, as well as customer support.
- 29.20% – Salesforce CRM customers in the professional services industry
- 11.90% – Salesforce CRM customers in the manufacturing industry
- 9.70% – Salesforce CRM customers in the banking and financial services industry
- 8.50% – Salesforce CRM customers in the retail industry
- 4.90% – Salesforce CRM customers in the consumer packaged goods industry
- 3.60% – Salesforce CRM customers in the media industry
- 3.50% – Salesforce CRM customers in the utility industry
- 3.40% – Salesforce CRM customers in the leisure and hospitality industry
- 3.00% – Salesforce CRM customers in the life science industry
- 3.10% – Salesforce CRM customers in the healthcare industry
- 3.10% – Salesforce CRM customers in the construction and real estate industry
- 2.40% – Salesforce CRM customers in the communications industry
- 2.80% – Salesforce CRM customers in the insurance industry
Now that you’ve seen the company’s customer-related data, let us dive into its financial statistics.
Salesforce Annual Revenue from 2013 to 2022
As the company became well-known throughout the years, gaining a lot of customers, Salesforce was able to push its annual revenue from $3.00 billion in 2013 to $26.49 billion in the first quarter of 2022.
- 2013 – $3.00 billion in sales revenue
- 2014 – $4.00 billion in sales revenue
- 2015 – $5.30 billion in sales revenue
- 2016 – $6.67 billion in sales revenue
- 2017 – $8.39 billion in sales revenue
- 2018 – $10.48 billion in sales revenue
- 2019 – $13.20 billion in sales revenue
- 2020 – $17.10 billion in sales revenue
- 2021 – $21.25 billion in sales revenue
- Q1 2022 – $26.49 billion in sales revenue
Annual Net Income of Salesforce from 2017 to 2022
In the fiscal years 2015 and 2016, the software company had net losses of $263.00 million and $47.00 million, respectively.
Yet, the tech firm rebounded and accumulated a net income of $323.00 million in 2017.
Similarly, it hit the four billion-dollar mark in 2021 at the heightened level of the coronavirus pandemic, wherein most businesses together with their employees were forced to work from their respective homes.
- FY 2017 – $323.00 million net income
- FY 2018 – $360.00 million net income
- FY 2019 -$1.11 billion net income
- FY 2020 – $126.00 million net income
- FY 2021 – $4.07 billion net income
- FY Q1 2022 – $1.44 billion net income
There you have the answer to how many customers does Salesforce have in 2022— It is 150,000!
The software company enjoyed double-digit growth across all sectors during the pandemic.
This comes as many businesses are encouraged to migrate their operations to the cloud and support a remote work setup.
We hope you enjoyed this article about Salesforce.
This San Francisco, California-based company has become one of business entities’ go-to companies for their business automation needs.