Quick Answer 🔍How many people use Gate.io in 2024?
Gate.io has 10 million users.
Today’s highlight is about how many people use Gate.io in 2024.
Easily sweeping the list of crypto platforms offering strategy bots, non-fungible tokens, and futures trading is Gate.io.
The site offers a wide selection of cryptocurrencies and generous offers to make the trading experience better.
But we can’t deny the presence of head-to-head competition against big names in the crypto industry which makes you think twice about selecting Gate.io over its rivals.
If you are at crossroads, this article about the usage statistics of this Cayman Islands-based enterprise is made just for you.
How Many People Use Gate.io in 2024?
To answer the question, “how many people use Gate.io in 2024?” there are now 10 million users trading, staking, and storing crypto holdings on the app.
It operates in over 200 countries and territories globally.
But users in the United States might have a hard time accessing the site due to its unclear licensing status in the country.
Being in the market since its founding in 2013, Gate.io has had several shortcomings. This includes a hacking incident in 2015 where it lost a total of 7,000 Bitcoins.
Nevertheless, it managed to become among the most-trusted crypto sites available to investors from beginners to advanced.
Gate.io’s Number of Website Visits
Gate.io witnessed a downtrend in the number of its website visits during the three months covering April to June 2022.
In April, the site’s stopovers came at 15.0 million. This is at a time when crypto winter is just starting to gain traction.
The next month, the number of visits fell to 13.6 million and further tanked to 10.8 million in May.
Currently, its domain “gate.io” ranks #4,875 globally. It generates an average duration per visit of 4 minutes 40 seconds, and 4.62 pages clicked in one visit.
Gate.io’s Website Traffic Sources
Gate.io’s website traffic comes from some marketing channels namely direct, referrals, search, social, email, and display.
The information below details the site’s traffic sources and the percentage that each one captures from the total.
- Direct – 66.72% of Gate.io’s total website traffic comes from visitors who deliberately search for the site without clicking a link or being redirected from another site
- Referrals – 24.26% of Gate.io’s total website traffic comes from referrals
- Search – 4.20% of Gate.io’s total website traffic comes from visitors who searched for the platform’s website on a search engine like Google. This type of web traffic counts those who clicked among the links on the search results that redirected them to Gate.io
- Social networking sites – 3.04% of Gate.io’s total website traffic comes from social networking sites
- Display – 1.48% of Gate.io’s total website traffic comes from display
- Email – 0.28% of Gate.io’s total website traffic comes from email
Top Countries Using Gateo.io
Gate.io enjoys huge popularity in Eurasia, as well as in the United States, despite its undefined licensing status in the country.
- Take a look at this list of countries that captured the highest percentage among Gate.io’s total user base.
- Russia – the country accounts for 9.73% of Gate.io’s total user percentage
- Ukraine – the country accounts for 9.00% of Gate.io’s total user percentage
- Turkey – the country accounts for 6.83% of Gate.io’s total user percentage
- Vietnam – the country accounts for 5.55% of Gate.io’s total user percentage
- United States – the country accounts for 4.09% of Gate.io’s total user percentage
Other countries – the rest of the world accounts for 64.81% of Gate.io’s total user percentage
Age Demographics of Gate.io Users
Like the trend observed in its counterparts namely Binance, Coinbase, Crypto.com, and OKX, there is a significant concentration of Gate.io users under the age group 25 to 34 years old.
Check out this data on Gate.io demographics and each category’s share from the total.
- 18 to 24 years old – this age group captured 22.52% of Gate.io’s total user percentage
- 25 to 34 years old – this age group occupies the biggest percentage among Gate.io’s total user base, capturing 36.17% of the total
- 25 to 44 years old – this age group captured 19.74% of Gate.io’s total user percentage
- 45 to 54 years old – this age group captured 10.98% of Gate.io’s total user percentage
- 55 to 64 years old – this age group captured 6.79% of Gate.io’s total user percentage
- 65 years old and up – this age group captured 3.80% of Gate.io’s total user percentage
Gate.io’s Maker and Taker Fees vs Competitors
Gate.io is not exactly known for low fees, but still at a level that can compete against its direct rivals. The platform charges 0.2% in both maker and taker fees.
Below is the information on market and taker charges on Binance, KuCoin, Bittrex, and Poloniex.
- Gate.io – charges 0.2% in maker fee and 0.2% in taker fee
- Binance – charges 0.1% in maker fee and 0.1% in taker fee
- KuCoin – charges 0.1% in maker fee and 0.1% in taker fee
- Bittrex – charges 0.25% in maker fee and 0.25% in taker fee
- Poloniex – charges 0.08% in maker fee and 0.2% in taker fee
Gate.io’s trading fees are roughly on the same level as Bittrex and Poloniex.
But other leading platforms like Binance and KuCoin employ lower charges at only 0.1% on either maker and taker fee.
What Do Users Love About Gate.io?
Gate.io users love that Gate.io supports a wide selection of fiat currencies.
The platform currently accepts close to 50 denominations, acknowledging the need of its users from more than 200 serviceable countries and locations.
However, it is worth knowing that Gate.io does not support fiat withdrawals. So for investors who are not a big fan of this, you can check out other exchange options.
Another factor that users approve of Gate.io is the availability of many crypto pairs and non-fungible tokens for trading manually or with a Gate.io trading bot.
Aside from this, the company supports strategy bots to cater to the needs of traders wanting to increase their winning rate and take home bigger stakes.
In its nine years in the market, Gate.io has undeniably withstood and thrived through the test of time.
While it did not go as big as other crypto trading platforms like Binance, the company has always had a steady user base which is currently at 10 million users.
There are many reasons why crypto investors are drawn to the app, but mostly because of the availability of advanced trading options which helps traders make the most out of their investments in just a click.
Thank you for reading our article on how many people use Gate.io in 2024.