Who would not know Apple or any of its products?
Almost everyone and anyone have heard of Apple, iPhone, iPad, iMac, or MacBook since it is one of the most well-known tech companies worldwide.
This brand dominates the market in 2023, especially its smartphones. It accounts for a 27.11% share of the mobile vendor market.
Aside from its smartphones, personal computers, tablets, wearables, and accessories, it also offers Apple services.
You are probably now thinking about how many Apple employees are there in 2023 since it offers many products and services.
Let’s find out the answer.
How Many Apple Employees Are There in 2023?
When we talk about technology, one of the companies we automatically have in mind is Apple Inc.
since it is among the list of the fastest-growing companies and most-renowned brands worldwide.
Apple was founded in April 1976 by Steve Jobs and Steve Wozniak.
This means that Apple is 47 years old, and as each year goes by, it develops new products and gets more successful.
In fact, it is one of the biggest creators of jobs in the US.
How many employees does Apple have in 2023?
According to Apple’s most recent data, the company has approximately 2,000,000 direct and indirect jobs in the United States.
This includes full-time and part-time jobs, app developers, and suppliers.
Apple recorded about 80,000 direct employees in the country, of which 36,786 employees are from California.
When it comes to the number of Apple employees worldwide, there are 164,000 full-time employees from all over the world.
Apple offers a wide range of job opportunities and roles, including hardware and software engineers, construction, designers, manufacturing, scientists, marketing, retail, and customer support.
Apple Employees Count
Based on the latest report, Apple recorded 164,000 full-time employees in 2022, up from 154,000 in the previous year, equivalent to a 6% increase.
Below are Apple’s full-time employees count from 2005 to 2022:
- In 2005, there were 14,800 Apple full-time employees
- In 2007, there were 21,600 Apple full-time employees
- In 2009, there were 34,300 Apple full-time employees
- In 2011, there were 60,400 Apple full-time employees
- In 2013, there were 80,300 Apple full-time employees
- In 2015, there were 110,000 Apple full-time employees
- In 2017, there were 123,000 Apple full-time employees
- In 2019, there were 137,000 Apple full-time employees
- In 2021, there were 154,000 Apple full-time employees
- In 2022, there were 164,000 Apple full-time employees
Apple Employees by Ethnicity
Apple is committed to building and sustaining a more inclusive workforce.
It continuously improves diversity and equal access to opportunities for its employees.
According to Zippia, White employees are the most common ethnicity in the company, accounting for more than 50%.
Hispanic follows, accounting for almost 19%.
Here is a list of Apple employees by ethnicity based on Zippia’s data:
- 54.9% of Apple employees are White
- 18.9% of Apple employees are Hispanic or Latino
- 11.0% of Apple employees are Asian
- 10.8% of Apple employees are Black or African American
- 4.5% of Apple employees are from other ethnicities or races
Apple Jobs in Every State in the US
Apple is responsible for 2,000,000 jobs across 50 states in the United States.
It has around 450,000 jobs through its US-based suppliers, more than 1.5 million US jobs attributed to App Store, and 80,000 direct employees.
California has the most Apple employee count among other states in the country. It has 36,786 employees.
Texas comes next, with 8,407 Apple employees, and New York with 4,291.
Average Age of Apple Employees
Most Apple employees are from the younger generation, aged 20 to 30 years old. About 57% belong to this age group.
Here is the breakdown of Apple Employees’ ages based on Zippia’s data:
- 10% of Apple employees are between 18 to 20 years old
- 57% of Apple employees are between 20 to 30 years old
- 22% of Apple employees are between 30 to 40 years old
- 6% of Apple employees are 40 years old and above
Average Length of Apple Employment
Some Apple employees stay in the company for 11 years or more, while others stay for less than a year.
Most employees work with Apple for around one to two years, but according to statistics, the average length of Apple’s employment is 4.5 years.
Here is the average length of Apple employment:
- 23% of Apple employees work in the company for less than a year
- 30% of Apple employees work in the company for 1-2 years
- 9% of Apple employees work in the company for 3-4 years
- 16% of Apple employees work in the company for 5-7 years
- 8% of Apple employees work in the company for 8-10 years
- 13% of Apple employees work in the company for more than 10 years
Salary Distribution of Apple Employees
Apple employees have different salaries per sector and position.
The report shows that Apple employees’ median salary is around $127,197 yearly or $61.15 hourly.
The highest salary is more than $194,000 per year, while the lowest is less than $83,000 per year.
According to Apple Job listings in Zippia, most employees earn between $100,000 to $200,000 per year, accounting for 76%.
Here is the salary distribution of Apple employees:
- 0.1% of Apple employees earn less than $25,000 per year
- 5.6% of Apple employees earn around $25,000 to $40,000 per year
- 2.5% of Apple employees earn around $40,000 to $60,000 per year
- 9.2% of Apple employees earn around $60,000 to $100,000 per year
- 76.3% of Apple employees earn around $100,000 to $200,000 per year
- 6.3% of Apple employees earn more than $200,000 per year
Apple was not among the biggest companies in the world in terms of the number of employees in 2017.
Other tech companies like IBM and Samsung employed more people than Apple.
However, the revenue per Apple employee was the highest among other tech companies.
At present, there are more than 164,000 Apple employees worldwide working full-time, earning around $25,000 annually to more than $200,000 annually.
That is how many Apple employees there are in 2023.