In a hurry?
The best VPN for the Middle East, as found in our independent testing, is NordVPN!
Whether you live in the Middle East or visit there, using a VPN service provider can keep your online activity secure and private.
It even allows users to access restricted websites, content, apps, and TV from any country.
Here we will share our list of the 8 best VPNs for the Middle East.
Best VPN for the Middle East 2023
- NordVPN – 🏆 Winner!
- Surfshark VPN
- Atlas VPN
- Private Internet Access
NordVPN is categorized as one of the prime VPNs in the industry. It, in fact, became the industry leader in the year 2019.
All credit goes to its efforts in promoting its services on renowned social media such as Instagram, YouTube, and more.
It has been trying hard to develop a good name for being a fast and loyal VPN service provider with high-level privacy standards since its establishment in 2008.
And today, NordVPN is considered the best VPN for the Middle East.
- NordVPN is the industry leader (by a long way)
- 30-day risk-free trial
- Superfast speeds
- 5,442+ servers in 60+ countries
- Strict no-logs policy
- Next-generation military-grade encryption
- DoubleVPN, double privacy
- 6 simultaneous device connections
- Great for: Safety, security, anonymity & peace of mind
- Compatible with: Windows, Mac, Android, iPhone, iPad & iOS, Linux, routers, Apple TV, FireFox, Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge, and more
The VPN provider is registered by Tefinkom and Company, with its headquarters in Panama.
Nord and its users enjoy an appreciable amount of freedom in terms of internet legislation. Moreover, it isn’t vulnerable to data exchange across the “14 Eyes” alliance.
The NordVPN service provider operates on diskless RAM servers to avoid server hacks and ensure its “no logs” policy.
In fact, diskless RAM servers can’t store data; they can’t store any sensitive information. And as a result, in case of a hack, there won’t be any information to steal.
In addition, NordVPN supports obfsproxy. It allows split tunneling, which is best for individuals who wish to divide their internet traffic.
Its Tor technique helps in preventing Deep Packet Inspection, which enables all data packets sent via the NordVPN tunnel to stay undercover.
Plus, it offers extra protection against Internet Protocol (IP) leaks. NordVPN offers a kill switch tool for extra protection.
Like other popular Virtual Private Network providers, the kill switch option of NordVPN prevents all sorts of personal data leaks when a user temporarily drops their connection to its server.
Moreover, their network will be shut down entirely until the NordVPN connection is back up. It also allows its customers to place specific programs and apps on an app kill list.
And after that, only those particular programs and apps will be terminated when the VPN connection drops.
Talking about servers, NordVPN has around 5,200 servers across 60 countries as of September 2021 and even has specialized servers.
Some of its servers offer a double VPN connection for additional security.
It routes traffic via two VPN servers rather than one. Well, it might slow the browsing speed, however, provides maximum privacy.
Being the best VPN, NordVPN is packed with a list of unique features. These include:
- NordVPN can secure a maximum of 6 devices at once with its apps.
- It offers a Double VPN that transmits a user’s data via two servers located in two countries before reaching its final destination.
- The kill switch option of NordVPN ensures the privacy of its clients when their VPN or internet connection drops.
- Nord doesn’t log users’ IP addresses, the amount of time they spend on the service, the websites they visit, the customers’ data, or the files they download.
- This VPN service provider employs AES with 256-bit keys that provide high encryption.
- IKEv2 and IPSec are the two internet protocols that NordVPN uses.
Pros and Cons of using NordVPN
Surfshark is an outstanding VPN service provider-initiated in 2008 and has quickly become a fantastic VPN for Middle East.
It offers excellent speeds, strong encryption, and user-friendly software.
The VPN service provider originally began with an Android app and a browser extension.
However, today, it’s one of the most popular and reliable VPNs.
In addition, it had its first external audit the same year Surfshark VPN was established, accompanied by the approval seal of AV-Test in 2019.
- Surfshark is the best budget VPN
- 30-day risk-free trial
- Strict no-logs policy
- 3200+ servers in 95 countries
- Unlimited simultaneous device connections
- Great for: private browsing on a budget
- Compatible with: Windows, Mac, Android, iPhone & iOS, Linux, FireFox, Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge, and more
On top of that, it has AES-256-bit encryption and employs IKEv2/IPSec and OpenVPN (two of the safest internet protocols these days).
This clearly shows that the company isn’t ready to compromise its users’ security.
Surfshark VPN stopped offering Shadowsocks, which was designed to avoid censorship in China, in November 2021.
It now provides a NoBorders mode that helps customers in restrictive areas.
Here is a list of some of the highly-remarkable features of Surfshark VPN:
- One of the best features of this VPN service provider is that it helps its customers keep their IP addresses and URL activities secret with WebRTC and DNS leak technologies.
- Surfshark VPN enables its customers to torrent different files and allows them to use additional online video streaming services.
- The bypasser feature of this service provider makes it a fantastic VPN in general. It allows users to bypass various specified apps and URLs via the VPN.
- It works well on almost all devices and offers unlimited simultaneous device connections to its users.
- The unique Camouflage Mode of Surfshark VPN allows its users to remain private while using the VPN.
Pros and Cons of using Surfshark
3. Atlas VPN
- Atlas VPN is the best free VPN
- Privacy Pro servers
- 750 servers in 40+ locations
- Unlimited simultaneous device connections
- Great for: people seeking a freemium VPN
- Compatible with: Windows, MacOS, Android, iPhone & iOS, Android TV, Fire TV Stick
Atlas VPN has successfully made it to the top of the Virtual Private Network industry since its establishment just a few years ago.
It has developed a reputation for top-tier security and outstanding performance, making it a popular VPN.
Atlas VPN service provider is a beginner-friendly service packed with some fantastic features.
Moreover, it offers insightful apps which are simple to install and use. The VPN also boasts a good collection of VPN protocols.
In addition, Atlas VPN has AES-256 encryption that gives top-level security to its users.
On top of that, it has more than 3,000 servers across 94 countries globally.
It doesn’t keep any activity or other data logs that any third party can use against its users.
Some of the top features of Atlas VPN are as follows:
- Atlas VPN boasts that it never logs IP addresses, browsing histories, or timestamps that offer users high-level protection against hackers.
- It comes with a gold-standard kill switch add-on.
- The company offers a Split tunneling add-on that provides excellent assistance for its clients.
- It has a DNS leak test on its website so that any user can test if the VPN has any sort of DNS leaks or not. Thankfully, it has no DNS leaks so far.
Pros and Cons of using Atlas VPN
Another top VPN, VyprVPN, is owned by the Golden Frog company.
It’s located in Switzerland, a place where the privacy laws for a VPN service provider are very convenient.
The company has developed and managed most of its technologies and services that guarantee ultimate safety and protection.
In fact, it has built its own VPN protocol and has complete control over its server network. No doubt, it’s one of the safest VPN service providers.
The VyprVPN service provider is packed with a good range of features, which are as follows:
- The kill switch add-on that Vypr offers to its users is one of its best features.
- VyprVPN made it very simple to torrent each of the materials without any risk of privacy.
- It even comes with a split tunneling tool, but this tool only runs on Android and Mac.
- A VyprVPN user can pay an extra fee to get static or dedicated IP addresses.
- The company uses four highly-secured internet protocol Selections: OpenVPN (256-bit), WireGuard, Chameleon, and L2TP/IPSec.
Pros and Cons of using VyprVPN
5. Private Internet Access
Private Internet Access (generally abbreviated as PIA) is an excellent VPN for Middle East and is currently one of the largest VPN service providers in the market.
One of the best things about this VPN is that it primarily focuses on its privacy. In addition, it has minimalistic and compact programs and apps.
The strict no-log policy makes it a popular VPN, especially among (bit)torrent users.
Here is a list of some noteworthy features of Private Internet Access:
- The unique kill switch add-on of Private Internet Access provides air-tight leak protection whenever its user’s VPN connection drops.
- One of its best things is that PIA doesn’t log browsing data.
- The split tunneling feature of Private Internet Access works perfectly on Mac, Android, Linux, and Windows.
- PIA allows the customers to select an encryption method that they like from a list.
- The company uses different protocols to achieve high security and speed.
Pros and Cons of using Private Internet Access
The Sweden-based VPN service provider, PrivateVPN is affiliated with Privat Kommunikation Sverige AB.
Since its establishment in 2009, it has marked itself as one of the best VPN providers in the market.
It has a strict no-log policy, offers stable connections worldwide, and uses strong encryption.
In addition, a PrivateVPN is available for Mac, Android, routers, Windows, Linux, and iOS.
Below are some of the remarkable features of a PrivateVPN:
- You can connect 10 devices simultaneously with a PrivateVPN, enough for an average user.
- It comes with 2048-bit encryption with AES-256.
- PrivateVPN’s five internet protocols include IKEv2, IPSec, OpenVPN, L2TP, and PPTP.
- The best part is PrivateVPN supports all operating systems platforms.
- The VPN offers server locations in more than 63 countries.
Pros and Cons of using PrivateVPN
PureVPN has been in the business since 2007; however, it has recently made significant changes in its policies and service to compete against other top-rated VPN service providers.
It offers unique P2P servers for torrenting and has devices for almost all kinds of devices.
It succeeded in winning customers’ trust as PureVPN is considered a good VPN for the Middle East right now.
These are some of the fantastic features of the PureVPN service provider:
- It uses a high-quality military-grade 256-bit encryption that protects users’ data.
- The Port Forwarding add-on offers an extra coat of privacy that prevents hackers or third parties from endeavoring loopholes.
- Its kill switch add-on makes sure that the security of its customers remains intact 24-7. It deactivates the network when the VPN connection drops.
- PureVPN even offers a dedicated IP to its customers.
- Its DDoS protection add-on helps a user identify any sort of DDoS attacks, offering excellent protection.
Pros and Cons of using PureVPN
Proton is a secure VPN powered by Switzerland-based Proton Technologies AG.
It puts anonymity, encryption, and privacy above everything else to ensure its customers have solid online security.
These are some of the unique features of ProtonVPN:
- ProtonVPN offers high-speed connections (up to 10 GBP).
- It provides a NetShield tool, a DNS filtering feature that protects users from any malware and blocks ads.
- The VPN Accelerator of ProtonVPN is a set of advanced technologies that can increase the VPN speeds by over 400%.
Pros and Cons of using ProtonVPN
How to Get a Middle East IP Address
Now that we have talked about the best Middle East VPN options, and you’ve got a few to choose from, we are going to discuss how to get a Middle East IP address.
The first thing that you are going to do is choose from the list of VPNs that we have discussed above, and visit the official website.
Once you are there, you are going to see all of the features that they have on offer, as well as their pricing options.
Choose your features and pricing options based on what you can afford right now, and what suits your personal preferences.
Once you’ve done this, you’ll be taken through the payment process, where you will create an account, pay for your features, and download the app to the device that you want to use your VPN on.
Your chosen VPN service will begin this process automatically, and you should be able to start using a VPN straight away.
Can I Get in Trouble for Using a VPN in the Middle East?
To be precise, the answer to your question is “it depends.”
The Middle East region consists of more than 15 countries, and each of these has its own set of laws about the use of VPN service providers.
So, check out the country’s rules and regulations before using a VPN.
How Do I Choose the Best VPN?
Today, the market is full of VPN service providers who claim to be the best Middle East VPN.
But it isn’t true, right?
Here’s a list of factors you should consider to know which is the best VPN:
• Ease of use
• P2P functionality
• Strong encryption
Can a VPN be Hacked?
Yes, VPNs can be hacked; however, it’s pretty hard to do so.
Moreover, being hacked without a VPN is significantly higher than with one.
In Summary, the best VPNs in 2023 are;
|Rating||VPN Service||Get Offer|
|#1 Top Rated#1||NordVPN - #1 VPN in the industry||FREE Trial|
|#2 Top Rated#2||Surfshark - top budget VPN||Start Now|
|#3 Top Rated#3||Atlas VPN - best free VPN||Start Now|
In today’s world, VPNs are the best tool available in the market to protect and enhance all internet activities while visiting Middle Eastern countries.
We’ve listed the best VPN with Middle East servers, and of all, NordVPN offers the best services.
It protects internet activities from prying eyes, avoids internet censorship in the Middle Eastern reason, and offers access to blocked content in that region of the world.