In a hurry?
The best VPN For Synology NAS in 2023, as found in our independent testing, is NordVPN!
Do you want to know the best VPN for Synology NAS?
Here we will be discussing 5 top-notch will VPN services that will help you access Synology NAS from anywhere in the world.
Synology NAS is the best place to store all your media and important documents, and it serves as a complete proof device that, unlike a hard drive, will not crash, therefore keeping all your media safe.
Taking it another notch up is using VPNs as the source for your Synology NAS.
Using VPN guarantees that all your info is safe from hacking or other external snooping.
This is especially useful for businesses where crucial data is stored and achieved; moreover, hackers have become substantial in this decade and have increased; reports of online hacking and stealing of information are on the rise, so keeping everything online safe is a reasonable precaution have.
Best VPN for Synology NAS 2023
Here’s a list of the best VPNs for Synology NAS before going into detail.
The first on our list and an excellent VPN for Synology NAS are NordVPN.
Released 10 years ago, with headquarters in Panama, NordVPN is one of the Strongest contenders for Synology NAS as it boasts of unbreakable encryption and great speed.
- NordVPN is the industry leader (by a long way)
- 30-day risk-free trial
- Superfast speeds
- 5,442+ servers in 60+ countries
- Strict no-logs policy
- Next-generation military-grade encryption
- DoubleVPN, double privacy
- 6 simultaneous device connections
- Great for: Safety, security, anonymity & peace of mind
- Compatible with: Windows, Mac, Android, iPhone, iPad & iOS, Linux, routers, Apple TV, FireFox, Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge, and more
It also has many features besides these, such as multi-hop and split-tunneling, and has a no-log policy tested many times.
As our aim is compatibility with Synology NAS, NordVPN is a fantastic contender as it has top security, an essential feature, and incredible speed, which would ease downloading big files.
Main Features of NordVPN
- Headquartered in Panama, which is outside the jurisdiction of surveillance of five eyes, nine eyes, and fourteen eyes, which means that it has no obligation to share any data with the government
- NordVPN makes an excellent VPN for Synology NAS as it provides various security features such as ad-block, threat blocker, split-tunneling, and malware protection.
- Malware block is a great feature, especially on sites prone to virus attacks.
- Talking about security uses AES-256 bits, which governments and security experts use.
- Along with streaming services, NordVPN also includes torrent downloads by connecting to different servers at different locations. So downloading from VPNs will make the downloads secure and away from prying eyes.
- Another excellent point of NordVPN is its speed, one of the fastest VPNs in the market, NordVPN is a tremendous asset for downloading at a rapid pace, exceptionally long files that on a standard internet connection would take some time to download
- Another plus point for NordVPN is its servers, 5600 servers in more than 60 countries are quite a feat, and it also ensures that users have great coverage across the globe.
- NordVPN offers three types of packages, monthly, yearly, and bi-yearly. Getting a monthly package can be expensive; annual and bi-yearly are relatively cheaper.
Pros and Cons of using NordVPN
A VPN on Par with NordVPN is an excellent VPN for Synology NAS. Surfshark is one of the leading VPNs and is worth the money!
With remarkable speed and top-notch security, Surfshark has made its name worldwide.
Based in the British Virgin Islands, with more than 3000 servers in more than 65 countries, Surfshark is well established. Let’s get into the details!
Going to Compatibility with Synology NAS, Surfshark is trustworthy for its security, and its speed, though not the best, is above average.
- Surfshark is the best budget VPN
- 30-day risk-free trial
- Strict no-logs policy
- 3200+ servers in 95 countries
- Unlimited simultaneous device connections
- Great for: private browsing on a budget
- Compatible with: Windows, Mac, Android, iPhone & iOS, Linux, FireFox, Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge, and more
Main Features of Surfshark
- Surfshark has its base in the British Virgin Islands, which is away from governments’ surveillance.
- Surfshark uses AES-256 bits encryption which is the highest level of encryption today, and it makes for an excellent VPN for Synology NAS.
- Besides high-level encryption, Surfshark offers many other features such as a kill switch, multi-hop, camouflage mode, split-tunneling, etc.
- Another valuable and essential feature is the no-log policy, which ensures the users that none of their information is being saved by the VPN.
- Surfshark has more than 3000 servers in more than 65 countries and has excellent overall coverage and speed.
- Streaming services and torrent downloading are available, essential if users want to use Synology NAS.
- Here’s another great feature! With multiple device connections, users can connect to as many devices as they want at one time.
- Surfshark ‘s packages are similar to NordVPN, with monthly, yearly, and bi-yearly packages.
Pros and Cons of using Surfshark
Looking for one of the fastest speeds to download? ExpressVPN is the answer!
It’s an excellent VPN for Synology NAS as it has incredible speed, which surpasses most VPNs.
Located in the British Virgin Islands, ExpressVPN has a lot to offer, including excellent security, speed, and other features; let’s dive into the details.
Using ExpressVPN for Synology NAS is an excellent option because, as mentioned above, ExpressVPN has impressive speed and also has a significant number of servers in countries which is a plus point when downloading information from different countries.
Main Features of ExpressVPN
- It is located in the British Virgin Islands, making it a secure and safe VPN from prying eyes.
- Speed is very high compared to other VPNs; tests show that only NordVPN has a better rate than ExpressVPN.
- Other features That ExpressVPN offers are killswitch, split-tunneling, no-log policy.
- Like the VPNs above, ExpressVPN uses encryption of the highest level (AES-256 bits)
- Streaming services are available, as well as torrenting.
- A downside is that it is costly; even after discounts, ExpressVPN is one of the most expensive VPNs.
- ExpressVPN does not have an ad blocker, but one can download one for themselves
- Talking about servers, ExpressVPN has more than 5000 servers in more than 90 countries which is a fantastic coverage.
Pros and Cons of using ExpressVPN
A decade ago, VyprVPN would not have been on this list, but they’ve made significant changes and improved a lot, making them a worthy VPN for Synology NAS.
On their website, VyprVPN has made it clear that the reason for founding this VPN was in response to government spying; therefore, they have strong encryption keeping away all hackers and snoopers.
VyprVPN uses its servers and is available in more than 70 countries across the globe.
As for Synology NAS, VyprVPN guarantees excellent security and speed with other security features.
Main Features of VyprVPN
- Based in Switzerland, VyprVPN prioritizes security overall and has the best encryption.
- VyprVPN gives users shared IP addresses that are harder to track.
- Its other features are killswitch (except iOS), streaming, and no-log policy, which they recently updated.
- VyprVPN gives users great speed, but there are others in the market which is faster.
- Talking about servers, because they only use personal servers, they have 700+ servers that are pretty minor compared to other VPNs, but it has good coverage with more than 70 countries.
- Packages available are two; one is monthly and the other yearly.
- Torrenting is available, though they discourage it.
Pros and Cons of using VyprVPN
5. Private Internet Access
Private Internet Access is one of the oldest VPNs available and an excellent VPN for Synology NAS.
Headquartered in the US, it has the most number of servers available, with more than 29000 across the globe.
PIA has done its part in creating a worthy VPN in today’s market.
It has all the features that Synology NAS will need, top-notch security, average speed, no-log policy, etc.
Main Features of Private Internet Access
- Being one of the oldest VPNs in the market, Private Internet Access can have great experience in this field.
- They have full encryption like all the VPNs in this list and have other security features like a no-log policy.
- Streaming and torrent downloading is available and working smoothly.
- Speed is average, and local servers have a reasonable rate, but the servers become slow as distance increases.
- They have more than 29000 servers which is a lot, especially seeing that they own them all; they are available in more than 70 locations.
- Ten devices can be connected simultaneously, which is Good enough.
- It is one of the cheapest VPNs available; however, it does not mean that they have any lags in security; it is very secure.
Pros and Cons of using Private Internet Access
A decent VPN for beginners and Synology NAS is IPVanish. IPVanish offers more than 1000 servers in more than 70 countries based in the US.
It is simple to navigate and can be connected to unlimited devices Simultaneously.
As for Synology NAS, IPVanish has top-notch security and supports torrent downloads. It has above-average speed and has coverage in plenty of countries.
Main Features of IPVanish
- It is based in the US, which can be complicated as it is under the jurisdiction of 14 eyes and has some history of revealing information about its user. But the Parent company has now been changed so let’s hope that it won’t happen again.
- They have the highest level of encryption and no-log policy.
- Streaming and torrenting are available.
- The speed is above average.
- The packages of IPVanish do seem a bit higher than that of its competitors, with monthly packages at 10 $ and yearly at 80$.
- IPVanish does not offer many security features, multi-hop is unavailable, and split-tunneling is only available on Android phones. Ad-blocker is omitted, though that can be downloaded if users want.
Pros and Cons of using IPVanish
Is Using a VPN a Good Idea for Synology NAS?
Synology NAS aims to keep files secure, and having a VPN makes that full proof, as VPNs guarantee that users have privacy while downloading information from the online world.
Should I Keep My VPN on All the Time?
Yes, VPNs keep your online space private and secure; thus, keeping it on will keep information safe from hackers.
Does VPN Hide Locations?
Yes, one of the essential features VPNs have is hiding IP addresses which in turn means that the user’s location is hidden.
In Summary, the best VPNs in 2023 are;
|Rating||VPN Service||Get Offer|
|#1 Top Rated#1||NordVPN - #1 VPN in the industry||FREE Trial|
|#2 Top Rated#2||Surfshark - top budget VPN||Start Now|
|#3 Top Rated#3||Atlas VPN - best free VPN||Start Now|
That’s all for the list of VPNs for Synology NAS; all these VPNs assure security and have great coverage while having other features.
These VPNs offer security features, which is the highlight, but they provide other features that are very helpful to have a specific time on the internet.
That being said, If we were to choose one out of these VPNs, it would be NordVPN; while all these VPNs give users what they need, NordVPN indeed comes out as a winner.
We say by looking at the statistics and features. The choice is yours to make, though!