In a hurry?
The best VPN for Qatar in 2023, as found in our independent testing, is NordVPN!
Seeking a Qatar VPN service isn’t an unusual task, as the need for browsing geo-restricted content is more prominent than ever, not least because of the “FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022”.
Qatar is one of the most web-savvy countries in the Middle East, as almost everyone has access to the internet.
But unfortunately, the state carefully monitors and regulates access to the internet and, as a result, puts bans on many websites and social media platforms.
That’s not all; many Qatar residents exercise self-restrictions when it comes to discussing current affairs and politics, because they don’t want to provoke the wrath of authorities.
This all means that you might not be able to use many sites like Facebook, Netflix, etc.
Don’t worry; there are ways to bypass these content blocks and prevent your online activity from being monitored; all you need is a reliable VPN for Qatar.
In fact, a VPN will encrypt all your internet traffic and route it through an intermediary server.
It makes host apps and websites think you’re in a different country and will ultimately unblock geo-restricted content.
However, with many VPN providers in the market, you might find choosing a reliable VPN for Qatar quite challenging.
That’s alright; we’ve done our research and will be covering six of the best VPN Qatar providers to help you out.
Best VPN for Qatar 2023
NordVPN is undoubtedly the leading service on the market, especially when offering services in Qatar.
In fact, the Panama-based VPN provider comes with tons of security features that make it the best VPN for Qatar.
It has military-standard AES-256 encryption and other excellent additional features like DoubleVPN and OnionOverVPN, so it’s pretty hard for a third party to hack into the system.
- NordVPN is the industry leader (by a long way)
- 30-day risk-free trial
- Superfast speeds
- 5,442+ servers in 60+ countries
- Strict no-logs policy
- Next-generation military-grade encryption
- DoubleVPN, double privacy
- 6 simultaneous device connections
- Great for: Safety, security, anonymity & peace of mind
- Compatible with: Windows, Mac, Android, iPhone, iPad & iOS, Linux, routers, Apple TV, FireFox, Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge, and more
In addition, Nord offers more than 5,500 servers spread over 60 countries worldwide (that’s indeed an impressive number).
Its obfuscated servers also offer outstanding performance in countries where VPNs are restricted, like China.
Besides these, you even get a reliable DNS leak protection and a kill switch whenever your connection drops.
As per recent independent audits, NordVPN doesn’t log users’ data; it strictly follows its zero-log policy.
Now that’s something which draws the attention of those interested in proper online security.
Still, the well-publicized 2018 server hack and its arguably poor response to the same can take a long time to get redeemed.
Moreover, Nord supports torrents on a vast array of VPN servers, and the decently lightening connection speeds offered by the NordLynx protocol (a protocol unique to Nord only) will satisfy P2P sharers and those individuals who want to use a gaming VPN.
Additionally, it can also unblock almost all streaming services.
While the desktop apps are powerful, intelligent, and easy to use, their mobile apps can be awkward sometimes.
In short, NordVPN works well on larger screens; however, its performance isn’t awe-inspiring on handheld devices.
Moreover, it supports almost all devices and operating systems, but you’ll only use your account on six devices simultaneously.
- You can use NordVPN to unblock streaming platforms like BBC iPlayer, Netflix, Disney+, Amazon Prime, etc.
- It supports torrenting and P2P file sharing.
- A user can connect six devices at a time with this VPN service provider.
- NordVPN doesn’t log your personally identified data.
- It has a wide range of servers and server locations.
Widely recommended on the internet and launched in 2018, Surfshark is a comparatively new VPN service that made its name one of the biggies in the world of VPN providers.
However, it currently dukes it out with the major providers to be the best VPN in Qatar on the market.
The company offers a good range of over 3,200 VPN servers in 65 locations and also supports unlimited simultaneous connections.
In addition to these, it comes with an excellent protocol choice and boasts gold-standard AES-256-GCM encryption.
- Surfshark is the best budget VPN
- 30-day risk-free trial
- Strict no-logs policy
- 3200+ servers in 95 countries
- Unlimited simultaneous device connections
- Great for: private browsing on a budget
- Compatible with: Windows, Mac, Android, iPhone & iOS, Linux, FireFox, Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge, and more
With this encryption and fully audited servers, it ticks the essential privacy boxes.
That’s not all; you’ll get an excellent split tunneling add-on for torrenting files and separating your VPN connections and a kill switch on Windows and Mac.
A kill switch can automatically stop apps or sites whenever the VPN connection drops, providing an extra layer of protection.
Having said that, we can expect to see the kill switch on other operating systems as well.
Besides these basic features, it has some unique features such as GPS spoofing, multi-hop (routing via two consecutive servers for more privacy), URL and ad blocking, and broad P2P support.
The list isn’t completed yet; it comes with an extra “password tech”, which alerts its users about leaks, and an “invisible to devices” mode that can hide the device from others on the same network.
Furthermore, Surfshark shines in terms of online content streaming, and you can unblock streaming sites such as Hulu, Disney+, Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, iPlayer, and many more.
To be precise, there isn’t anything to be improved in this area. Overall, it’s a good VPN, and its cheap price tag enhances its appeal.
- It comes with a CleanWeb feature which blocks ads, malware, trackers, etc.
- You can connect an unlimited number of devices with a single Surfshark account.
- With Bypasser, you can let some websites and apps bypass the VPN connection.
- Your personal data is safeguarded by industry-leading AES-256-GCM encryption.
- The NoBorder mode allows you to successfully use this VPN from anywhere.
3. Atlas VPN
Headquartered in the Delaware, United States, Atlas VPN is a freemium Virtual Private Network service provider founded in 2019.
Despite being relatively new in VPN services, it came out as the best free VPN for Qatar.
Although it’s known for undercutting a lot of its competition in price, surprisingly, it never compromised with the availability of the overall feature.
The Delaware-based VPN has already started seeing some intriguing and potentially exciting developments, and that’s because Nord Security (the company that owns the powerful NordVPN) now owns Atlas VPN.
- Atlas VPN is the best free VPN
- Privacy Pro servers
- 750 servers in 40+ locations
- Unlimited simultaneous device connections
- Great for: people seeking a freemium VPN
- Compatible with: Windows, MacOS, Android, iPhone & iOS, Android TV, Fire TV Stick
With around 750 servers in 27 countries, it works great as a reliable VPN for Qatar.
Moreover, the VPN has loaded with IKEv2 and WireGuard (one of the top-tier protocols in this industry) security protocols.
In addition to these, it delivers a swift speed of 650-800 Mbps, that’s great news for people who want to stream content while being connected to their VPN.
You can unblock major online streaming platforms such as Disney+, Amazon Prime Video, Hulu, BBC iPlayer, Netflix, etc.
Besides these features, you’ll find unique security features like IP-jumping SafeSwap, ad and malware blocking, private DNS, a data breach monitor, and a zero-logging policy to boot.
We aren’t done yet; it even has a kill switch add-on, which might have a few issues; however, it does its work of stopping apps and websites when the connection drops pretty well.
Moreover, if you’re looking for a Qatar VPN service for your tablet or smartphone, it’s undoubtedly one of the best.
- It’s one of the affordable VPN options out there.
- Atlas supports unlimited device connections at a time.
- The VPN has a server count of over 750 servers across 27 countries.
- It has apps for all major devices and operating systems, including Mac, iOS, Android, and Windows.
- Atlas VPN uses military-grade AES-256 encryption.
In the world of top-tier VPN services, a limited number of names overshadow the rest, and ExpressVPN is undoubtedly one of them.
It’s a versatile VPN with features that can help both newbies and expert-level users.
It’s headquartered in the privacy-friendly British Virgin Islands, and it has been delivering premium VPN services since 2009.
ExpressVPN is a privacy tool designed to work no matter where you’re, with one of the broadest ranges of server locations and swift connection speeds.
In fact, it has millions of satisfied customers in the world.
However, if you’re concerned about money, it falls on the expensive side, which might put you off.
This VPN provider has more in store than you could ever imagine when it comes to privacy.
It offers standard 256-AES encryption as well as a 4096-bit RSA certificate.
Alongside, you’ll choose several encryption protocols, including secured and fast Lightway.
Besides that, it has more than 3,000 servers across 160 cities and 94 countries.
All the servers of ExpressVPN are RAM-only (also called TrustedServer), which means not a single data of the users can be stored physically.
In addition, it follows a strict no-log policy, and its apps have been audited independently, which is backed up by other strong claims made on its website.
Furthermore, ExpressVPN delivers a browsing speed of 630Mbps. That’s fast enough for any domestic internet connection.
Additionally, it’s an excellent VPN for unblocking streaming providers like BBC iPlayer, Hulu, Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, and more.
Although the company seems to keep torrenting features pretty quiet, all its VPN servers are torrenting optimized.
- ExpressVPN has plenty of servers and locations.
- The Lightway protocol of this VPN delivers excellent speeds.
- It comes with a class-leading app design.
- You can connect five devices simultaneously per plan.
- Express is one of the leading VPNs for unblocking streaming websites.
5. Private Internet Access
Established in 2009, Private Internet Access (or PIA) is a well-established and reliable VPN for Qatar known for its extra functionality and in-depth apps.
However, Kape (a company that owns ZenMate and CyberGhost) acquired the VPN provider in 2019.
In addition, PIA has a vast server network offering around 35,000 servers across 84 countries.
Private Internet Access also has fantastic security and privacy credentials. In fact, with PIA, you’ll get access to WireGuard and OpenVPN.
That’s not all; you can also choose your level of encryption and handshake methods, and data authentication.
Moreover, all its apps are open source and therefore are constantly developing.
Furthermore, PIA can unblock restricted content on online streaming platforms like Netflix, Hulu, Amazon Prime Video, BBC iPlayer, Disney+, etc.
That makes it a reliable VPN for individuals who love to stream online.
In addition, torrenting is allowed on any of its servers, and the P2P sharers are pleased with its port forwarding function.
Desktop apps of PIA are straightforward and effective; you can access tons of extra features at ease.
A new addition to its characteristic is the ‘piactl’ command-line tool.
This tool allows a user to write scripts for the app to follow, and that’s something which isn’t very common in the VPN industry.
Similarly, its mobile apps are also powerful, making PIA a good VPN provider for all sorts of devices and operating systems.
Overall, PIA is a worthwhile option if you want a secure and stable VPN provider.
- It offers an advanced split tunneling feature.
- PIA has some reliable automation rules.
- The settings of PIA are highly customized.
- Private Internet Access comes with a “MACE” feature that blocks ads, trackers, and malicious websites.
- It has fast and reliable servers in 84 countries.
PureVPN has been in the business for a long time now (since 2007, to be precise), and during that period, it has established its name as a reliable VPN for Qatar with a set of unique features.
Moreover, it offers a vast range of server locations to connect to, currently numbered 6,500 servers across 78 countries.
Additional features like IPv6, P2P support, and DNS leak protection make it more appealing to a knowledgeable user, though beginner-level users also love PureVPN.
It offers an excellent baseline of specs. You can access IKEv2, OpenVPN, and WireGuard (in beta) protocols, split tunneling, and full torrenting support.
On top of all these, you’re protected against IPv6 and DNS leaks; you also get a kill switch that cuts your internet connection whenever the VPN drops out.
Plus, it has apps for a vast range of devices, including Android, Mac, Linux, Windows, iOS, and extensions for Google Chrome and Firefox.
Furthermore, there are many walkthroughs to help new users get up and work on more niche devices, such as Android TV, Amazon Fire Stick, routers, Kodi, and more.
The VPN provider even started to upgrade its VPN server infrastructure from 10Gbps to 20Gbps.
- It employs top-level military-grade 256-bit encryption.
- PureVPN comes with a dedicated IP add-on.
- The VPN keeps your real IP safely hidden while surfing the internet.
- Port Forwarding add-on of this VPN offers an extra layer of security.
- Its DDoS protection feature helps in defeating the most complex DDoS attacks.
How to Get a Qatar IP Address
No matter the reason behind your quest for getting a Qatar IP address, the best and most straightforward way to get it is by using a reliable VPN service provider.
The only tricky part is researching and picking a good VPN for Qatar. And that’s why we’ve already mentioned six of the best VPN providers.
You can choose any of these, though; we recommend you go for NordVPN.
Once you’re done with the difficult part of choosing the right VPN provider, then sign up for the service with your credit card information (some VPN providers accept Bitcoin, PayPal, and other payment methods).
Download or install the relevant app for your required device from the provider’s site directly.
After successfully installing the VPN on your device, restart it. Then launch your VPN app and employ it to connect to a VPN server in Qatar.
And that’s it! You’re ready to use the internet with your new Qatar IP address.
How to Choose a Good VPN for Qatar?
Following is a list of things you should consider before choosing a VPN for Qatar:
- Vast global server network: You’ll need a VPN with a massive server network to access geo-restricted content, including news, movies, series, and other services in Qatar.
- Robust encryption: Encryption is one of the essential things to consider while choosing a VPN; if a VPN isn’t strongly encrypted, it’ll never be a good VPN to use in Qatar.
- DNS leak protection: DNS leak is a leak that causes your Internet Service Provider (ISP) to know which sites or apps you’re visiting. It’s a serious concern, especially in countries like Qatar, so it’s vital to choose a protected VPN against DNS leaks.
- Apps for all platforms: No matter if you want to connect the VPN on your smartphone, a laptop, or a desktop, you’ll need good VPN apps. Hence, a reliable VPN must offer apps for almost all platforms.
Why Should I Use a VPN for Qatar?
Qatar’s government bodies constantly monitor and regulate the web to keep all the content following the nation’s political and religious views.
And hence, several websites and apps like WhatsApp calls, Viber, and Skype are banned.
That’s why you need to safely use a VPN to access geographically restricted content from within the country.
Is It Legal to Use a VPN in Qatar?
The straightforward answer to your question is: Yes. It’s completely legal to use a VPN service provider in Qatar.
However, remember that accessing restricted content is against the law, and you should do it at your risk.
How Do You Access Skype, WhatsApp, and FaceTime in Qatar?
The best way to access WhatsApp, FaceTime, and Skype in Qatar is by using a good VPN with a vast global server network.
VPN providers like NordVPN, which come with thousands of servers across 60 countries, can help.
In Summary, the best VPNs in 2023 are;
|Rating||VPN Service||Get Offer|
|#1 Top Rated#1||NordVPN - #1 VPN in the industry||FREE Trial|
|#2 Top Rated#2||Surfshark - top budget VPN||Start Now|
|#3 Top Rated#3||Atlas VPN - best free VPN||Start Now|
And with that being said, we’ve reached the end of our article about VPN Qatar providers.
While we’ve already mentioned six market leaders, we highly recommend you go for NordVPN.
That’s because it’s currently the best VPN for Qatar, with robust encryption, a kill switch, DNS leak protection, and a vast server network.