Google Chrome extensions are amazing because they let you make significant changes to your browsers functionality. There’re millions of extensions available based on your requirements, which you can find on the Google Chrome Web-store Extensions.
Now, if you’re into drop shipping, then you should totally use an extension called Oberlo Chrome Extension (OCE). It simplifies the entire processes of ordering and fulfilling, making it a smooth ride for your business.
Today, we’ll discuss everything about the Oberlo Chrome extension and how you can use it to grow your drop shipping business.
Let’s get started…
What is drop shipping?
Drop shipping is a business where you accept orders from customers but don’t actually store any stock. You’re the moderator who purchases products from a third party and ships directly to the customer.
But the entire process can be tedious given the number of orders you have at your hand and all the shipping information you need to process. This’s where the Oberlo Chrome extension comes in.
What is the OCE?
It’s a Chrome extension centred at the drop shipping business. The OCE helps you find and order products easily through your Chrome browser. Even if you are bulk ordering, the OCE has got you covered.
Let’s discuss the main functionalities that the OCE provides:
Choose the right products for your store
Oberlo does an amazing job in providing your product statistics you’re considering ordering. This’s helpful when you’re confused about the potential profitably of a product.
With Oberlo, you can go through the important insights of a product to make a streamlined decision.
This goes without saying that order tracking plays an important part in every business. Oberlo lets you track your orders so that you can make sure everything happens in the decided timeline.
Control your pricing
When you’re running a drop shipping business, you deal with customers across the world, which means managing the prices can be hectic. This’s where Oberlo’s tools help you change pricing and add mark up across all your products.
Oberlo makes bulk ordering easy. When you have orders from several clients, you can use the OCE to make quick purchases from suppliers and ship them to the clients seamlessly with just a couple of clicks.
Now, where can you find this amazing OCE?
How to install the Oberlo Chrome Extension?
Let’s discuss the steps to install the Oberlo extension:
- Do a Google search for “Chrome extension store.”
- Once in the store, search for the OCE.
- Then click “Add to Chrome”.
- Finally, click on “Add Extension”
That’s it. You’re good to go. But there’re some things you need to know before using the OCE.
- The Oberlo extension only works on laptop and desktops which means you won’t be able to use it on your mobile or tablet devices.
- Though the OCE is compatible with both Windows and Mac OS, it won’t work on browsers other than Chrome.
- You can only order from AliExpress and the OCE doesn’t work with WordPress, Woocommerce or Magneto. It’s only compatible with your Shopify store.
After you’ve added the extension, it will appear in your browser bar. Now, you can sign with your Shopify account or create a new one if you don’t have one.
Now, Let’s understand how you can use the OCE.
How to use the Oberlo Chrome Extension?
We’ll discuss this question by dividing the usability into three major parts.
Add products to your import list
So, how can you use the OCE to add products to your import list?
Follow these steps:
- Since you can only use the OCE on AliExpress, visit the website.
- Use the search bar to find the products you want to add to your list.
- Hover your cursor on a product to see the “Add to Oberlo” button, or you can also select the Oberlo icon from the browser bar and then click “Add to import list”. Note: The “Add to Oberlo” button also appears when you open a specific product page.
You can now make your products appear in your Shopify store by clicking on “import to store”.
What are OCE settings?
In the OCE you’ll find a set of options to filter and sort products on AliExpress.
How can you use it?
- Search for product keyword in the search bar on AliExpress.
- Click on the OCE present on the browser bar.
- Now, you can access all the settings.
What are these settings?
- Option:This’s where you can select your preferred shipping methods.
- Country:When doing drop shipping you’ve to ship to various locations around the world. This feature lets you select the country you want to ship your products.
- Currency:Remember managing pricing? With the currency option, you can change the currency of shipping fee. Currently, only EUR, GBP and USD are available.
There’re other settings like “Show processing time” that shows an approximate shipping time for a product and “Hide items” which hides all those products that don’t fit your desired shipping method.
Fulfilling your orders
Whether you’re ordering a single product or in bulk, OCE makes the process simple.
- Click on the “Order Product” button after you’ve imported the products list.
- The browser will take you to the “Buy” page on AliExpress.
- OCE will fill all the asked info on shipping and products.
That’s it. You can now check your order status in the OCE.
What about bulk orders?
For bulk orders you’ve to purchase the Oberlo basic or pro plan. If you have one of these plans, you can add your products, then click on the “Place AliExpress Orders” button. The OCE will do the rest by filling your shipping info.
There you go, all you need to know about the Oberlo Chrome Extension. It’s an amazing tool that makes the drop shipping process streamlined and offers many useful functions like bulk ordering, order tracking, filtering & sorting and managing prices.
With just a click of a button, you can grow your drop shipping business.